Mortal Kombat Kollector's Edition $79.99 at Amazon

One of the reasons to get it was the Ermac Kostume, but since that's being included in the DLC Package in a few weeks the only real reason to still get it is the cool book ends and the artbook.

[quote name='Kaiser499']One of the reasons to get it was the Ermac Kostume, but since that's being included in the DLC Package in a few weeks the only real reason to still get it is the cool book ends and the artbook.[/QUOTE]

Is there a confirmation for that? Only word I heard about there being a ninja dlc pack was boon trolling on twitter :O

Yeah, it's pretty cool and detailed.

[quote name='Gboon']Is there a confirmation for that? Only word I heard about there being a ninja dlc pack was boon trolling on twitter :O[/QUOTE]

Boon confirmed it himself on Twitter that all 7 Klassic Kostumes will be in one DLC package. There's supposed to be a trailer released for that package sometime today.

[quote name='Kaiser499']I sent an e-mail to them over a month ago to request physical cards and I still haven't heard or gotten anything from it.[/QUOTE]

I got the new revised cards yesterday. Just give it some time and they will show up!

Had no idea about the MK9 Klassic Kostume/Fatality set release, so thanks for mentioning it.
I did a little more looking, and got a price and release date.

Set for release on June 7th, 2011 -> $5 (400 MSP) for the 7 Skins (Ermac, Jade, Mileena, Kitana, Scorpion, Reptile, Sub-Zero) and the 3 Klassic Fatalities (Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Reptile). Reptile's Klassic Fatality is my favourite, look on YouTube for Head Muncher.

I know there was a whole big thing where Ed Boon posted on Twitter not to buy them off Ebay, and even pushed the release of this pack earlier because of it. I'm surprised that this is actually a rather good price for the set, can't complain since I got my copy @ TRU new for $30 and traded the free Kitana skin for a Scorpion Skin/Fatality.

I was going to trade in MK9 to GS ($37.50 TIV with bonuses) and rebuy it for the Scorpion code so I can trade it/sell the Kombat Pass when they had it on sale for $40, but this news has made me decide it's not worth the trouble, so thanks again.

It might also be worth noting there's rumours the rest of the DLC will be free, which would be nice.

That's dumb. Making the ermac costume a dlc. Shouldve kept it as a KE and TE exclusive just like the flaaming helmet for haalo reach.

But I support them in releasing the other costumes as dlc. Because I sold 2 reptiles for 190 total lol.

[quote name='giantqtipz']That's dumb. Making the ermac costume a dlc. Shouldve kept it as a KE and TE exclusive just like the flaaming helmet for haalo reach[/QUOTE]

Are you really surprised they'd pull something like that? It was too closely related to the rest of the skins/fatalities, for it to not inevitably end up in a set, and I'd even say it wasn't even that great since it's not like it came with a Fatality or anything. Also, I'm pretty sure those skins/fatalities ARE on disc somewhere. If you wanna enjoy your KE/TE exclusives, you've always got your bleh arcade stick or... your bookends? xD I'm sorry.

YOU SOLD 2 REPTILE CODES FOR $190? Jesus Christ, and you have the gall to complain. Absolutely ridiculous, I totally see why Ed Boon himself would speak out/rush to get this pack out. I can't believe people wouldn't realize that this would come out as DLC at some point.

Flipping games is one thing, but the regular games only cost $60 at most, so somehow people were stupid enough to pay even more than the game's cost to you, twice.
You sir, are the devil, as is anyone else who ripped people off on this, that badly.

Edit: Just kidding, people who buy codes are just crazy/stupid.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='BobbyTastic']Are you really surprised they'd pull something like that? It was too closely related to the rest of the skins/fatalities, for it to not inevitably end up in a set, and I'd even say it wasn't even that great since it's not like it came with a Fatality or anything. Also, I'm pretty sure those skins/fatalities ARE on disc somewhere. If you wanna enjoy your KE/TE exclusives, you've always got your bleh arcade stick or... your bookends? xD I'm sorry.[/QUOTE]

Lol xP the bookends is not so bleh. For a ke, the contents are so worth it at full price imho. Even if you're not a fan of mk, I think the ke is worth the money.

The only reason I complained about the ermac costumes as dlc is because I have two and I was hoping to get 40 from selling one, like I did with the flaming helmet code xD

[quote name='giantqtipz']Lol xP the bookends is not so bleh. For a ke, the contents are so worth it at full price imho. Even if you're not a fan of mk, I think the ke is worth the money.

The only reason I complained about the ermac costumes as dlc is because I have two and I was hoping to get 40 from selling one, like I did with the flaming helmet code xD[/QUOTE]

Still gonna wait on a price drop on the KE, I'm happy with having gotten the standard for $30 and I highly doubt that KE was worth another $50, and I'm a fan of MK.

Once again, you reinforce the notion that you're the devil. Good job. Flaming Skull Helmet IS a little more reasonable to flip for that price, or at least it was when the LE was MSRP.

For those who got the bad guide, my cards came a few days ago and they're neat. Shipped in a letter envelope but came somehow undamaged. Worth a shot if you care.

Whoa whoa! I'm not the devil! I wasn't the one who determined the prices of those codes. One buyer thought it was worth 120. The other believed its worth 70. And I used the money to buy college textbooks, not for drinks or admission to a titty bar.

Edit: wait you know what. I'm a finance maajor so I guess I will be the devil one day

[quote name='fujimitsu']For those who got the bad guide, my cards came a few days ago and they're neat. Shipped in a letter envelope but came somehow undamaged. Worth a shot if you care.[/QUOTE]

I have no idea what you're talking about, explain?

@Qtipz

Aside from the devil always having an excuse, did you put them on Ebay or something? If so, people are really, really dumb.

[quote name='BobbyTastic']I have no idea what you're talking about, explain?

@Qtipz

Aside from the devil always having an excuse, did you put them on Ebay or something? If so, people are really, really dumb.[/QUOTE]

Yea ebay. What I did was, I set the starting price at $0.99, then I included a screenshot of amazon's email and blurred out the codes.

But with the second auction, I didn't include a picture of the email, and I think that's why I only got 70 rather than anything above $100.

After playing this game a ton on PS3, I really wish I would have gotten the Tournament Edition. Now it is sold out everywhere :(

[quote name='giantqtipz']Whoa whoa! I'm not the devil! I wasn't the one who determined the prices of those codes. One buyer thought it was worth 120. The other believed its worth 70. And I used the money to buy college textbooks, not for drinks or admission to a titty bar.

Edit: wait you know what. I'm a finance maajor so I guess I will be the devil one day[/QUOTE]

Would it matter if you had used the money for drinks or admission to a strip club? Who cares, to each their own.

[quote name='Yanksfan']Would it matter if you had used the money for drinks or admission to a strip club? Who cares, to each their own.[/QUOTE]

Haha and I don't think what I did could be considered flipping.. I didn't clear out an entire store of a game, that has limited copies and reselling them for profit. I bought the ke and te at full price for the love of MK :). And the codes, no one knew they would sell for so high. I took advantage of the high price, but at the same time no one missed out on anything

[quote name='giantqtipz']Haha and I don't think what I did could be considered flipping.. I didn't clear out an entire store of a game, that has limited copies and reselling them for profit. I bought the ke and te at full price for the love of MK :). And the codes, no one knew they would sell for so high. I took advantage of the high price, but at the same time no one missed out on anything[/QUOTE]

Point taken. I edited my original post. I wonder what kind of luck I'd have selling my Scorpion code now, do you think I'd get $5 so I could just buy the costume/fatality set? Lol.

Those book ends are pretty sick.. but oi.. i dunno if i really should have spent 80 on it haha!

The game itself is freakin awesome! it reminds me of a saw movie lol!!!

and the xrays are pretty cool too!

Just a heads up for anyone in dfw looking for a tournament edition for xbox360, i just came back from the frys in plano and they had 2 sitting on the floor along with the collectors editions. Just incase anyone is looking for one:D

[quote name='BobbyTastic']I have no idea what you're talking about, explain?
[/QUOTE]

They sent out quick reference cards for each character to those who bought the guide because it sucked so bad. I believe it was mentioned above.

[quote name='fujimitsu']They sent out quick reference cards for each character to those who bought the guide because it sucked so bad. I believe it was mentioned above.[/QUOTE]

Are these cards for sale otherwise? Wow, I can't imagine a guide that would suck that much (even though I never buy guides). Thanks for clearing that up, at least Boon and crew are being good about all this crap (bad guides, overpriced pre-order DLC sales, possibly free future DLC) since coming back out of bankruptcy.

[quote name='Kaiser499']Yeah it is nice of Boon, I'm glad MK is doing well sales wise.[/QUOTE]

I'd hope so, due to your avatar suggesting you're an MK fan, lol.

I think I can let the Kombat Pass thing slide because of all the nice behaviour, well played Mr. Boon.

Edit: Don't forget all the nice sales on MK9! : D Only game that's pulled a move like that in recent times is Portal 2, and we know how nice Valve can be. (Doesn't hurt they probably made a killing though.)

Edit 2: Scorpion codes on eBay apparently aren't worth shit, fantastic.

Edit 3: That's the avatar codes. *facepalm*

Wish I had known that the game inside the packaging is NOT sealed. I really just wanted the bookends and art book and was planning on selling the game and the DLC. Oh well, hopefully I can still recoup most of the cost.

[quote name='giantqtipz']Haha and I don't think what I did could be considered flipping.. I didn't clear out an entire store of a game, that has limited copies and reselling them for profit. I bought the ke and te at full price for the love of MK :). And the codes, no one knew they would sell for so high. I took advantage of the high price, but at the same time no one missed out on anything[/QUOTE]

I didnt think the codes would sell that high either. The popularity of MK's remake exceeded expectations. I think its that and all other fighter games out there that are crap right now anyways.

[quote name='GBAstar']Wish I had known that the game inside the packaging is NOT sealed. I really just wanted the bookends and art book and was planning on selling the game and the DLC. Oh well, hopefully I can still recoup most of the cost.[/QUOTE]

Better sell the DLC now while it has some value, Klassic Skin/Fatality pack (which'll cost $5) is coming out next week and it includes the DLC from the KE/TE.

@Donut

Even MvC3? Harsh. ;_; But yeah, that's just... ridiculous. I'm sure ex-Midway totally made up for their failure with MK vs. DC. I'm sure the early sales were a big help as well as every retailer having some sort of DLC. That, and the game's pretty solid for what it is.

[quote name='BobbyTastic']Better sell the DLC now while it has some value, Klassic Skin/Fatality pack (which'll cost $5) is coming out next week and it includes the DLC from the KE/TE.

@Donut

Even MvC3? Harsh. ;_; But yeah, that's just... ridiculous. I'm sure ex-Midway totally made up for their failure with MK vs. DC. I'm sure the early sales were a big help as well as every retailer having some sort of DLC. That, and the game's pretty solid for what it is.[/QUOTE]

MvC 3 was way too much hype not enough substance. It's a very average fighter in my book. MK vs. DC was a fail too. If i could pick some fighter games to last me for the summer Super Street Fighter 4 and MK9 would be my only worthwhile picks.

Ya I’ve made a killing off of the MK DLC. I priced matched the 2 Kollertor’s Editions at Best Buy for 79.99 each so I could get the SubZero DLC. Then I sold one off individually on eBay for $180. ($32 Subzero, $22 Ermac, $8 Avatars, $55 Bookends, $19 Artbook, $44 Game) Of course I still have to subtract shipping and eBay’s high fees from that total but still a nice profit.

On a unrelated side note, I got my copy of Infamous 2 that I won from the Subway promotion today. Yep that’s right Infamous 2 is in my hand right now.

[quote name='Donut2922']MvC 3 was way too much hype not enough substance. It's a very average fighter in my book. MK vs. DC was a fail too. If i could pick some fighter games to last me for the summer Super Street Fighter 4 and MK9 would be my only worthwhile picks.[/QUOTE]

I can agree with that, lends itself to the Hyper MvC3 theory. I certainly regretted picking up the LE for $70 at launch despite being a massive fan of the franchise.

Don't forget about the extra playability of SSFIV now that the Arcade Edition's coming out. Evil Ryu's gonna be the best! /endsarcasm

Excited for upcoming MK9 DLC though, for sure.

Subway had an inFamous 2 promotion? Kinda random, but good for you! I'd be happy to just make $5 off of this Scorpion DLC. at this point. =/

I seriously wish I knew about the DLC value and jumped on the train and to sell them on ebay.

I sold mine near the end of they hype a couple weeks ago and netted a mere $5 for the kitana code and $12 for the SZ code.

bread's done
Back