Mortal Kombat Komplete $19.99 NEW at Amazon, FSSS eligible

Still $19.99 through Amazon.

Any of you know an EXACT way to enter spectator mode on the PS3? Can't believe Google isn't being any help,

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Still $19.99 through Amazon.

Any of you know an EXACT way to enter spectator mode on the PS3? Can't believe Google isn't being any help,[/QUOTE]

Up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, b, a, start. :beer:

[quote name='chimpmeister']Up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, b, a, start. :beer:[/QUOTE]

I was like...that sounds familiar(*suspicious eye squint*)...ok...up up, down down....wait...there's no a,b....heyyyyyy!!!...that sounds like something from the SNES days! :whee:

[quote name='chimpmeister']Up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, b, a, start. :beer:[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']I was like...that sounds familiar(*suspicious eye squint*)...ok...up up, down down....wait...there's no a,b....heyyyyyy!!!...that sounds like something from the SNES days! :whee:[/QUOTE]
You should be able to recognize which game it is from! And you call yourself a gamer!? haha

[quote name='kouleefoh']You should be able to recognize which game it is from! And you call yourself a gamer!? haha[/QUOTE]

Google is showing it as a Konami code. Mainly Contra. Not my kind of game. I could've sworn I've used that code for something.:whistle2:k

Can't believe I can't find this damn PS3 MK9 spectator mode!

Oh well. I'm starting to think there's no spectator mode.

I went ahead and started playing instead of waiting to spectate. $20? For this? WOWWW!!! The colors, backgrounds, 3D...AMAZINGGGG!!!!!! Haven't played an MK in a while and $20 for the Komplete was too cheap to pass up! Thanks Best Buy!

I am Mileena fighting Sindel. Um....WTF??!!!!....That b**ch kicked me in my :shock:!!!!!!!

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Oh well. I'm starting to think there's no spectator mode.

I went ahead and started playing instead of waiting to spectate. $20? For this? WOWWW!!! The colors, backgrounds, 3D...AMAZINGGGG!!!!!! Haven't played an MK in a while and $20 for the Komplete was too cheap to pass up! Thanks Best Buy!

I am Mileena fighting Sindel. Um....WTF??!!!!....That b**ch kicked me in my :shock:!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

Ordered mine yesterday. I've been itching to play this game for a long time, just been waiting for a great deal. After reading your post, my game cannot come quicker (bought through AMZ on PS3)! Are playing on 360 or PS3?

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']Ordered mine yesterday. I've been itching to play this game for a long time, just been waiting for a great deal. After reading your post, my game cannot come quicker (bought through AMZ on PS3)! Are playing on 360 or PS3?[/QUOTE]

PS3! I see the "Woopeeeee" man is still there!:D

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Oh well. I'm starting to think there's no spectator mode.

I am Mileena fighting Sindel. Um....WTF??!!!!....That b**ch kicked me in my :shock:!!!!!!![/QUOTE]
You hadn't played it yet? Yeah this new MK really brought back MK to life. My favorite MK was still UMK3 followed by MK2. The previous PS2 games sucked big time, way too slow paced. Armageddon was decent in terms that it brought all the old & new crappy characters into the roster plus a CAF mode.

But this new Mortal Kombat? Yeah it craps on the whole series, it's infinitely much more polished. The single player story mode itself is already like a little movie itself. Then you have the Challenge tower, and lots of unlockables to purchase.

All I can say is, learn to do this fatality with Noob Saibot. ;)

"Make a Wish"
Back, Forward, Back, Down, Circle within sweeping distance

It's definitely an absolute steal for the price. I haven't played the Vita version but apparently it includes extra retro MK3 costumes along with another challenge tower.

[quote name='eXiON']You hadn't played it yet? Yeah this new MK really brought back MK to life. My favorite MK was still UMK3 followed by MK2. The previous PS2 games sucked big time, way too slow paced. Armageddon was decent in terms that it brought all the old & new crappy characters into the roster plus a CAF mode.

But this new Mortal Kombat? Yeah it craps on the whole series, it's infinitely much more polished. The single player story mode itself is already like a little movie itself. Then you have the Challenge tower, and lots of unlockables to purchase.

All I can say is, learn to do this fatality with Noob Saibot. ;)

"Make a Wish"
Back, Forward, Back, Down, Circle within sweeping distance

It's definitely an absolute steal for the price. I haven't played the Vita version but apparently it includes extra retro MK3 costumes along with another challenge tower.[/QUOTE]

I remember liking Noob Saibot. TY for the tip! I'm about to play as Freddy.

*lol...runs out of thread after making a 1,000 posts:lol:*

So I was playing online last night on PS3, I was surprised it was midnight and quite active. I got my butt whipped a few times and retreated to single player though

This is MK silly
ABACABB (if you here "Get Over Here" you know you entered it correctly)

I sold my vanilla version thru Craigslist a few months ago anticipating a pricedrop on this. Debating if I should even get it, though, since I hadn't played the game all that much since last year anyway...

[quote name='Ashtaar']So I was playing online last night on PS3, I was surprised it was midnight and quite active. I got my butt whipped a few times and retreated to single player though[/QUOTE]
Yeah lol, don't forget it's been out for awhile so many people know how to chain 12-15 hit combos that knock down 40% of your health. It's why I stopped playing online cause I need more nub friendly opponents lol. I like playing with all characters as opposed to maining just one. I used to play with a bud and we would do shadow matches, those were always fun.

[quote name='AionTelos']This is MK silly
ABACABB (if you here "Get Over Here" you know you entered it correctly)[/QUOTE]
If you input it really fast, (3 secs max) you get a "Toasty!", so if you hear that you get 3 extra kontinues.

[quote name='shurija']I might trade in my vanilla for $15 and pick up the Komplete Edition one up for only $5.[/QUOTE]

Bestbuy gave me 21 for MK vanilla. That included a 50% tradein bonus they're doing.

Just bought this game at Gamestop for PS3. I already own it for xbox 360 with all dlc (Purchased it with DLC season pass after Freddy came out). Cannot recommend this game enough. Easily the best MK game ever made.

[quote name='Y2Bogus']Bestbuy gave me 21 for MK vanilla. That included a 50% tradein bonus they're doing.[/QUOTE]

Did you turn around and have the Komplete price matched at Best Buy via GS?

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Did you turn around and have the Komplete price matched at Best Buy via GS?[/QUOTE]

No, I bought the Komplete at GS and then took vanilla to BB. Both stores are in the same mall complex here.

[quote name='Y2Bogus']No, I bought the Komplete at GS and then took vanilla to BB. Both stores are in the same mall complex here.[/QUOTE]

Ah ok. I was thinking of the 1 Stop Shop! Trade the vanilla in @ BB, get Reward Zone points and the Komplete Edition with the trade in credit for $19.99 via price match!

[quote name='ferris182']Ships in 2-3 weeks from Amazon?

I am going to pick up from Gamestop.[/QUOTE]

Don't let that fool you. I placed the order late Wednesday night with the 2-3 weeks message and it was shipped yesterday. I do have Prime and maybe that helped a bit, but even if FSSS, it should still ship within a week. Amazon tends to put long delay a lot when they need to locate more stock but almost 100% of the time they ship with in a couple of days. My other game order on the same night, Warriors Orochi 3, had an indefinite wait time and it was shipped today, which is only 2 days of wait.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Seriously....fuck Shao Kahn in this game.[/QUOTE]

He's an ass. His fight comes down to nothing but pure reflex and timing your special moves just right. Honestly, don't fight him, just spam cheap moves like he does.

The easiest character to beat him with (in my opinion) is Stryker. Whenever he does a spear/hammer toss you can simply roll under it and throw him to the other side of the screen (bf4), where 9 times out of 10, he'll throw something at you again so you can keep on spamming that move.
One of the challenge tower missions has you as Stryker against THREE Shao Kahns back-to-back-to-back without gaining your health back, took me forever to do it until I figured out I could dodge most of his attacks.

In for one for :ps3: so I can return my brother's vanilla copy. Haven't played it much other than one trip up the tower but it's easily my favorite fighter this generation.

bread's done
Back