Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition PS3/Xbox 360 - $39.99 @ BestBuy

[quote name='allen9917']Got excited for 20 Seconds but man its komplete edition not kollector edition. Big difference.[/QUOTE]

:bomb::bomb::bomb:

[quote name='shiftymcneely']Boo! I guess it's cool if you want all the DLC. Other than that, you can get the stand alone game for a lot cheaper.[/QUOTE]

Even with all the DLC, this seems to be way too expensive. I mean, nearly all the DLC for this game is just costumes, and most of them are just re-skinned models (ie, take Kitana's body and stick a few different textures on it for each costume).

I suck bad at fighting games (outside of the more casual stuff) but enjoyed this one, I would definitely get it if/when it drops to the $20 range. But I take it that the content is probably locked via DLC or online pass and not accessible right off the disc, right?

[quote name='Vinny']Even with all the DLC, this seems to be way too expensive. I mean, nearly all the DLC for this game is just costumes, and most of them are just re-skinned models (ie, take Kitana's body and stick a few different textures on it for each costume).

I suck bad at fighting games (outside of the more casual stuff) but enjoyed this one, I would definitely get it if/when it drops to the $20 range. But I take it that the content is probably locked via DLC or online pass and not accessible right off the disc, right?[/QUOTE]
Nearly all DLC is costumes? Um not quite. There's also 4 additional characters which is pretty significant, not to mention fatalities.

Anyways, $60 is too much for the thing but $40 is good value for those who skipped out and want everything

the mk movie and game soundtrack are digital codes, everything else is on disc.

[quote name='Vinny']But I take it that the content is probably locked via DLC or online pass and not accessible right off the disc, right?[/QUOTE]

One more thing: this is a pretty good price seeing even USED 1st edition copies on amazon is selling around $30ish

So if you haven't played it, grab it... But i grew tired of MK ..

Funny how break bones, and do fatalities, and make some bleed like there is no tomorrow, yet their clothing don't show damage as the fight progress..
It be great to see some of the female characters lose some clothing as they get hurt and battle damaged...:)

[quote name='HaloSucks']One more thing: this is a pretty good price seeing even USED 1st edition copies on amazon is selling around $30ish

So if you haven't played it, grab it... But i grew tired of MK ..

Funny how break bones, and do fatalities, and make some bleed like there is no tomorrow, yet their clothing don't show damage as the fight progress..
It be great to see some of the female characters lose some clothing as they get hurt and battle damaged...:)[/QUOTE]

Um yes they do....

Probably not all that important since you'd be buying it new anyways, but apparently there's no online pass required for this version.

[quote name='HaloSucks']$40 is average for re-release of GOTY or Complete editions...[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately they released it at $59.99, so $20 off is a good deal. At least until the price drops hit.

[quote name='HaloSucks']
It be great to see some of the female characters lose some clothing as they get hurt and battle damaged...:)[/QUOTE]

Please tell me you're joking...first off, they lose pieces of their clothing AND skin freaking falls off of them left and right. Second, the female characters DO lose clothing. See Sonya for example.

This was in my top 3 GotY's last year, I still prefer it to SFxTekken, UMvC3, and it surpassed SSFIV for me, and I loved the crap out of that game. IMO it's the best MK ever released and one of the best fighting games of all time. In MY opinion at least. I love MK.

I'd probably jump on the PS3 version for the 3D and the fact that you get the soundtrack and the movie. But alas I have the movie on BR, and I have put in hundreds of hours in the 360 version. I'll wait on the Vita one.

[quote name='plus1zero']Please tell me you're joking...first off, they lose pieces of their clothing AND skin freaking falls off of them left and right. Second, the female characters DO lose clothing. See Sonya for example.

This was in my top 3 GotY's last year, I still prefer it to SFxTekken, UMvC3, and it surpassed SSFIV for me, and I loved the crap out of that game. IMO it's the best MK ever released and one of the best fighting games of all time. In MY opinion at least. I love MK.

I'd probably jump on the PS3 version for the 3D and the fact that you get the soundtrack and the movie. But alas I have the movie on BR, and I have put in hundreds of hours in the 360 version. I'll wait on the Vita one.[/QUOTE]

over MvC3? MK is different then MVC3. I like them both.

What do u think of SFxTekken? My old school street fighter and my bro loved the tekken series.

[quote name='polly']Probably not all that important since you'd be buying it new anyways, but apparently there's no online pass required for this version.[/QUOTE]

Correct. I looked around and it would seem as though the online pass system has been completely retracted from BOTH releases (good news for someone who finds the vanilla release used for cheap.) Also, DLC is on disc. I will personally be waiting for a lower price, I think $20 is my pricepoint for this one.

For those looking for "Kollector's Editions" just look around next time in your Gamestop, if you see it sealed on shelf, its actually moved to the used price and will be sold, brand new, for the used price, for like 39.99$ or whatever it currently is.

Grabbed one last week, brand new lol

[quote name='The Punisher']over MvC3? MK is different then MVC3. I like them both.

What do u think of SFxTekken? My old school street fighter and my bro loved the tekken series.[/QUOTE]

SFxTekken is okay. I'm not super impressed with it, but it's not that bad either. I'm not the biggest fan of tag team fighting games anyways because, like with UMvC3 you have people that do nothing but day in, day out learn a couple of formations that will drain your entire life bar with one combo. SFxTekken has a little of that, but not near as much.

My main gripe its the lag, it's really, really bad. MK was rough starting out though, so it will probably get better (MK was as smooth as any fighting game I played save for SSFIV).

Also, I'm not a fan of the new gem system, it's a little confusing to me, mainly because I haven't taken the time to do some training, but it seems like it's something that will be exploited to break the game...but we'll see. Overall mixing them together worked, but I'd like to see SFV and Tekken 7 stay in their own universe.

I got Kollector's edition for $50 from Amazon last fall. My favorite fighting game, I just love all the characters and the gore is fantastic. My grrl and all her gfs love it too, i dont know why.
I played SoulCaliber V and SFxTekken from redbox free this past week and eh. I really couldnt get into it. You are right about the gems being able to break the game pretty well. I used all the 'partner uses launcher' gems and whenever i launch switched the other partner i switched to would be powered up for 15-20 seconds with speed/damage/boost, and then i would switch launch if needed and he would be loaded up for 15-20 seconds with damage reduction/iron will/attack boost. it worked great for 10 onlines wins and getting me through the arcade modes. peace!

[quote name='Havok83']Nearly all DLC is costumes? Um not quite. There's also 4 additional characters which is pretty significant, not to mention fatalities.

Anyways, $60 is too much for the thing but $40 is good value for those who skipped out and want everything[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah, I forgot that they released some characters... still, I just feel it's a rip off.

This game is flipping awesome, but this is a rip off since I have already bought the game. Milking customers for all their worth is f'd up. I'm not gonna buy the same damned game twice.

then buy the dlc separately.

[quote name='neuropunk']This game is flipping awesome, but this is a rip off since I have already bought the game. Milking customers for all their worth is f'd up. I'm not gonna buy the same damned game twice.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='VyseArcad1a']I would get this, but no store near me has it... I might ship it.[/QUOTE]

Pissed me off today as well. Only one store of 15 in my district had it in stock and that store is 2 hours away. Between this and last week best buy has me quite angered. They constantly are NOT stocking advertised items anymore.

[quote name='Romeo']Pissed me off today as well. Only one store of 15 in my district had it in stock and that store is 2 hours away. Between this and last week best buy has me quite angered. They constantly are NOT stocking advertised items anymore.[/QUOTE]

shipping to your house is free...so is shipping to your closest store.

the movie is included via code for digital download along with code for downloadable soundtrack.

[quote name='DOMINATOR912']Don't see any mention of the 1995 movie being included with the PS3 version. Too bad, would have liked to watch it again :([/QUOTE]

Seems like it's been out forever, lol. It has held it's value extremely well for some reason. It should be a $29.99 MSRP at this point and be everywhere for between $20 and $25.

It's a good game but Shao Kahn spams the fuck out of his moves.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Seems like it's been out forever, lol. It has held it's value extremely well for some reason. It should be a $29.99 MSRP at this point and be everywhere for between $20 and $25.

It's a good game but Shao Kahn spams the fuck out of his moves.[/QUOTE]

You have to find a system with Shao Kahn. It took me ten or so tries to finish him.

[quote name='technicalstylez']the movie is included via code for digital download along with code for downloadable soundtrack.[/QUOTE]

Do the codes have expiration dates?

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Seems like it's been out forever, lol. It has held it's value extremely well for some reason. It should be a $29.99 MSRP at this point and be everywhere for between $20 and $25.

It's a good game but Shao Kahn spams the fuck out of his moves.[/QUOTE]

If you have any projectiles whatsoever, go in the far left corner and he'll sit there and laugh, every single time.

bread's done
Back