Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition PS3/Xbox 360 - $39.99 @ BestBuy

Of note - a used version is listed on the site for $34.99. See if you've got one nearby to use the $10 off magazine coupon from this month.

[quote name='technicalstylez']shipping to your house is free...so is shipping to your closest store.[/QUOTE]

Please keep in mind best buy generally intentionally damages items they ship to consumers. I've been a premiere member for years and always had items arrive damaged.

My point to this is items advertised are not being stocked and this isn't the first occurrence this month alone.

[quote name='Gojtron']Of note - a used version is listed on the site for $34.99. See if you've got one nearby to use the $10 off magazine coupon from this month.[/QUOTE]

Are the DLC's on the disc or in a code?

[quote name='chunlirocks']Forty bones for such an old game.....needs to be lower[/QUOTE]

This isn't the vanilla version though. This has all the DLC so $40 seems reasonable for that. The vanilla version needs to drop to $30 or less.

[quote name='rbanez']Are the DLC's on the disc or in a code?[/QUOTE]
The movie and album are on vouchers.
The characters and downloadable costumes are on disc
The DLC characters also have a nekropolis bio, something the original MK doesn't have

i've had over a hundred orders shipped to mu house since last november and none have arrived damaged. its ymmv.

[quote name='Romeo']Please keep in mind best buy generally intentionally damages items they ship to consumers. I've been a premiere member for years and always had items arrive damaged.

My point to this is items advertised are not being stocked and this isn't the first occurrence this month alone.[/QUOTE]

the used version shown is the vanilla version.

[quote name='Gojtron']Of note - a used version is listed on the site for $34.99. See if you've got one nearby to use the $10 off magazine coupon from this month.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Seems like it's been out forever, lol. It has held it's value extremely well for some reason. It should be a $29.99 MSRP at this point and be everywhere for between $20 and $25.

It's a good game but Shao Kahn spams the fuck out of his moves.[/QUOTE]

Umm...it came out Feb. 28th. Pretty standard protocol with games right now to release a DLC inclusive version about a year after the original release date. This isn't the vanilla version.

That being said, the DLC does leave a bit to be desired, especially when compared to other games' DLC. Basically, we get a couple new characters and new skins. The PS3 version should have the movie on-disc, and the original trilogy.

If my reward zone certificates come this week (should have at least $10 coming), I'll grab this. I'd seen it myself on Sunday, but this was already posted.

[quote name='Smashbro29']Is this in store as well?[/QUOTE]BB B&M will match BB.com as long as it's not a "online only" deal

[quote name='lokizz']ill get it when it hits 20.[/QUOTE]BB DOTD

[quote name='SeanTM22']Why is this $60 to begin with...[/QUOTE]There's large portion of non-CAG's who still will buy. Plus to those who would be willing to pay $60 for the vanilla @ launch should consider $60 for the Komplete a deal.

[quote name='UrJudge']The movie and album are on vouchers.
The characters and downloadable costumes are on disc
The DLC characters also have a nekropolis bio, something the original MK doesn't have[/QUOTE]

When you say "on disc", does the content play directly off the disc, or does it install and will become playable with the vanilla version? I have the vanilla version and would simply rent the Komplete edition to install the content to get the extras if this is the case. It worked well for DA:O and other games setup that way.

For anyone on the fence, sure, the game didn't come out this week, but in the genre of fighting games, you really only have a few to pick from. I still pop in DOA from time to time which was a near 360 launch title and it is still excellent. The point is, without a new title in the genre coming out every other week and every developer making 3 more for this year (see "shooter" genre), a fighting game as good as this one holds it's value.

Another thing to note, for a fighting game, this game really has a ton of varied content and will keep you busy for hours and hours.

[quote name='technicalstylez']i've had over a hundred orders shipped to mu house since last november and none have arrived damaged. its ymmv.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Perhaps it's his Post Office or distribution center.

[quote name='sassylaurie']Another thing to note, for a fighting game, this game really has a ton of varied content and will keep you busy for hours and hours.[/QUOTE]Absolutely. The single player content, which many fighting games skimp on *cough*Capcom*cough* is enough to justify this price. I bought the character DLC, but am hoping by next year this version will be $10 or lower used just to have everything on one disc.

not sure if anyone mentioned it, but if you sync your amex card to twitter, you can get $10 off of $10+ purchase... eseentially making your game $30. Credit goes to slickdeals frontpage for showing me how to do it. Or you can get a free $10 GC.

I would like this, but don't want to buy the vanilla version since this exists, and don't want to pay more than $20 for it either way as I'm not a huge fighting game fan. So I guess I'll continue waiting....

picked it up today at bb. seems every store around here got 2 per platform only. -went to multiple stores, first two said 2 in stock but couldn't find them- likely still boxed in the backroom-. anyhoo, wanted to post that the dlc code for the MK movie expires 12/31/12. music soundtrack doesn't have a printed exp. date on the card. time to hook up my classic mk fightstick and get crazy. thanks op

[quote name='technicalstylez']-went to multiple stores, first two said 2 in stock but couldn't find them- likely still boxed in the backroom-.[/QUOTE]

This. Went to buy MP and Holy Grail last Saturday(release date was Tuesday of that week) and had to ask for someone to get it for me, and it took 2 employees and a manager ~15 minutes to find it, was "back in the warehouse".

bread's done
Back