Mortal Kombat (PS3) $24.99 + elgible for BOGO 50% off at Toys R Us

I guess it's a pretty good deal, tho it was this price few months back when they did that "buy 2 for $50" on select new releases. But with the complete edition coming out soon, this should be a retail price imo

[quote name='confoosious']how do you get shoprunner with this? I might be retarded.[/QUOTE]

This (shoprunner, not you being retarded :). I've always used Shoprunner before, but cannot find that option at all when trying to purchase this.

[quote name='handsomepete']There's much rumor about an impending "complete" edition coming in early 2012 for anyone on the fence. Good price nonetheless.[/QUOTE]

Well, the rumor is very likely to be true, but somehow the one for Xbox 360 is not on sale and is still $59.99.

[quote name='confoosious']how do you get shoprunner with this? I might be retarded.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, Shop Runner can not be applied to most video games.

It has been this way for some time. I was pissed when the Skyrim CE was buy so and so game & get that one for 50% off, but the shipping was $20. After you complete checkout, it will give you an option to sign up with Shop Runner for future purchases. However, it is not beneficial to most CAGs shopping at TRU.

[quote name='kerouac kid']Unfortunately, Shop Runner can not be applied to most video games.[/QUOTE]

Why the hell did I pay for Shoprunner then? (Oh I got it for free.)

It's worth free then.

[quote name='kerouac kid']Unfortunately, Shop Runner can not be applied to most video games.[/QUOTE]

I wonder when that changed. I have purchased several games over the past 8 months from them and could have sworn I used ShopRunner with those purchases.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']Newegg[/QUOTE]

yep. The only two stores on their list I'd order from are TRU and Newegg. I guess TRU is useless.

Doesn't look like it is eligible for shoprunner as it doesn't list it in the special offers sections.

[quote name='confoosious']Why the hell did I pay for Shoprunner then? (Oh I got it for free.)

It's worth free then.[/QUOTE]

Me too. I wonder how many people subscribed to the special "10,000" free 1 year memberships. My brother subscribed after it had been on SD for almost a week.

Has the lag been fixed? wanted to get ps3 ver the lag was horrible on 360

shipping kills the deal and yeah fail, this doesn't apply to SR

Last edited by a moderator:
I really wanna get it but I don't wanna get it at Toysrus. There shipping is horrible. I much rather get it at Amazon where it's no tax and free shipping.

Thanks though OP.

[quote name='CaoPi']Has the lag been fixed? wanted to get ps3 ver the lag was horrible on 360

shipping kills the deal and yeah fail, this doesn't apply to SR[/QUOTE]

Gosh yeah. The lag was improved tremendously. When I first got the game it'd take at least 10-15 min to find a ranked match, then the big patch they released, I'd get a game within 30 seconds almost every single time.

I'm really hoping to see this as either a nightly deal or as part of the year-end sale @ Gamefly for $15 or less.

I havent played in a few weeks but the online matches have taken longer to connect on my end. Not sure if it was just some bad luck or if players have moved onto other games. MK is a great fighting game. I highly recommend it for you guys.

Maybe do online chat with a Amazon rep and show them the link for TRU.

I would think that should be all that's needed, sorry, I never price matched with them before.

[quote name='D0RC']How do I get Amazon to price match?[/QUOTE]

Amazon doesn't price match. You can go to the product page and submit that you found a lower price and Amazon might change the price available to everyone. However, they will not PM on an individual basis.

[quote name='handsomepete']There's much rumor about an impending "complete" edition coming in early 2012 for anyone on the fence. Good price nonetheless.[/QUOTE]damn good price but I knew the from the moment I saw what the DLC was selling for & the total # of places with different characters that there would be a complete edition.

However, I paid $60 @ BB day 1 since it came with $20 credit($10 gc/$10 RZ cert) & TRU was nice enuf to make it $30(after a coupon in their free mag) the next week so I can pm it.:D

Tried to get them to match it instore and I had the cashier on board but as soon as she called the manager over for the override apparently today only they can't match their website because every price on the website is online only. :roll: At least if you're gonna give me a BS, don't insult my intelligence doing it.

Got Best Buy to PM this. Guy loaded up TRU.com and found the price there. Said it was online only (the mobile website has no mention of online only), but went through with it anyway. Called the nearest TRU, and was on hold for like 20 minutes before he gave up and finally rang me up with the PM.

bread's done
Back