Mortal Kombat Tournament edition back instock (amazon)

I loved the demo. I will pick it up later on......is it just me, or is the demo just too easy? even on expert? and im not even good at fighting games.

[quote name='ItsAMeAMario']I'm still on the fence.
If I pre-order, by when can I cancel if I change my mind?[/QUOTE]

If you're a prime member I would say 3-4 days before it ships. I notice my preorders usually change to shipping soon on Sat/Sun

Probably by two to one days before it ships. Once it hits "Shipping Soon" you can't technically cancel.

Also, thanks OP canceled my Walmart order and got one.

Daz - I am Prime as well, and it's usually one day before it ships.

[quote name='Brother Daz']If you're a prime member I would say 3-4 days before it ships. I notice my preorders usually change to shipping soon on Sat/Sun[/QUOTE]

I just got off the phone with a CSR, who told me that I would need to cancel within 30 minutes of placing the pre-order. :roll:

[quote name='ItsAMeAMario']I just got off the phone with a CSR, who told me that I would need to cancel within 30 minutes of placing the pre-order. :roll:[/QUOTE]

Ok whoever you spoke to has their head in their ass. 30 minutes!?:lol:

Half the time the CSR in India don't know what they are talking about. Amazon is the most lenient with canceling preorders. Don't worry one bit.

[quote name='Trance Addix']Half the time the CSR in India don't know what they are talking about. Amazon is the most lenient with canceling preorders. Don't worry one bit.[/QUOTE]

They must have been thinking it was a game that is already instock. A half hour seems about right for instock games, though recently it seems like games switch over to shipping soon within minutes of ordering.

The demo was overly easy in fact most characters I fought except the last (Cage) just stood there. I loved the look and the one fatality I pulled off but I don't know if this has the depth yet to warrant a purchase let alone one at full price.

I'm chatting with a CSR right now, who's telling me that I can cancel before the game enters the shipping process.
That makes a lot more sense.

Thanks for all the responses!

[quote name='Brother Daz']They must have been thinking it was a game that is already instock. A half hour seems about right for instock games, though recently it seems like games switch over to shipping soon within minutes of ordering.[/QUOTE]

Well, I believe all Prime orders enter shipping soon within minutes. Secondly, for the most part I always have to call the American CSR team to get the desired resolution.

Amazon has some of the best Indian people working (they don't pretend to have American names, speak English relatively clearly), but sometimes the language comprehension barrier and the restriction to their power is annoying. Finally, I'm not ethnocentric, nor do I dislike Indian people (had a lot of Indian friends at my university). But I'm sure none of us like having to repeat ourselves three times.

I am still debating. I remember Tekken 6 limited edition with the fight stick. It drop on price fairly quickly and they have so many available, that in the end I pick up mine for $30 from Best Buy

^ quantity is limited to 20,000 in the US, which is pretty limited. that being said, amazon just let me add 999 to my shopping cart and proceeded to checkout with no problems. i have a feeling these are being taken as special orders on an individual basis. either way, we all win.

[quote name='technicalstylez']^ quantity is limited to 20,000 in the US, which is pretty limited. that being said, amazon just let me add 999 to my shopping cart and proceeded to checkout with no problems. i have a feeling these are being taken as special orders on an individual basis. either way, we all win.[/QUOTE]

people keep saying that is limited but haven't seen that anywhere. where you guys seeing this at?

[quote name='technicalstylez']^ quantity is limited to 20,000 in the US, which is pretty limited. that being said, amazon just let me add 999 to my shopping cart and proceeded to checkout with no problems. i have a feeling these are being taken as special orders on an individual basis. either way, we all win.[/QUOTE]

I thought it was 20K but I have a feeling that it may be more. To me, there seems to be too many places that had this to preorder before. buy.com, amazon, gamestop, newegg, bestbuy, walmart, and I'm sure that I'm forgetting some. Games like Dragon Age 2:SE that are truly limited were only available from a couple places and preorders stopped a couple months before it was released.

[quote name='thetruth1983']I thought it was 20K but I have a feeling that it may be more. To me, there seems to be too many places that had this to preorder before. buy.com, amazon, gamestop, newegg, bestbuy, walmart, and I'm sure that I'm forgetting some. Games like Dragon Age 2:SE that are truly limited were only available from a couple places and preorders stopped a couple months before it was released.[/QUOTE]

Dragon Age 2 SE was not really limited. Despite the pre-order cut-off, it was still available from Amazon, GS, many other on-line retailers, Best Buy, TRU, etc...and there were likely several hundred thousand copies printed. 20K may sound like not too many, but for a $150 item which has another collector's edition version out there for $100, it's a lot. Having said that, I'm assuming if for some reason they did need to do so, they could easily build more sticks given that release is still a month away.

Is the fight stick worth it? I still don't have one for either console and if I get one it's going to be only one so I would prefer to get a really good one.

I think the stick is just a collectors item. It won't give you an advantage over people with controllers. Mechanics aren't as demanding or strict as street fighter or marvel vs cspcom

u can even get the 360 stick by itself straight from the manufacturer here

https://www.pdp.com/ShoppingCart.aspx?add=true&ReturnUrl=

so maybe its just the "tournament edition (game included)" thats limited/rare, not the joystick itself. or maybe the ps3 stick is more rare. who knows?? lol.

i think the primary appeal to this stick is diehard MK fans, particularly the ones who grew up playing the first games in arcades; not so much fighting game fans/competitors in general. like if u were to bring this to EVO2k, you'd probably only be using it for MK, whereas if you had a regular fight stick u could play pretty much everything else no problem. and then theres me, who went to EVO2K with a fucking standard ps2 controller, and saw every1s custom sticks and went WTF?

The Madcatz store sell a replacement art piece for the TEs, that allow you to change the button placement for an MK scheme. Its pricey @ 39.99, but its cheaper than buying a whole new stick for the MK layout, and you're still using those quality japanese parts.

Was so ready to pull the trigger on this until I played the demo. I love the demo and I'll get the game, but the removal of the run button makes this seem a little less worthwhile. The control is more simplified now, so the config on the stick isn't necessary for this game, IMO. If they put out the arcade HD kollection that has been on-again off-again, then it's more worth it. My local arcade is putting this game in an arcade cabinet next to 1-4, so I wanted to get used to this for their tournaments, but it's seeming like I may not need to now.

As for the AI difficulty, I wouldn't read into that. In the arcade versions of the older games the first couple of fighters were stiffs, then the AI would own you if you weren't good. Massive leap from fight to fight. Couple with the fact that it's just a demo and they want you to learn the ropes and get used to it, and the notoriously cheap boss AI in these games, and I'm sure it won't be a cakewalk.

My opinion on the limited appeal...20k is kind of alot for a 3rd tier of a game like this. It's not gonna pull Halo/COD numbers anyway, so they're not making a million of these alone. I'm sure you can get the sticks by themselves on the cheap 6 months to a year later, but this package might be harder to find still. It seems about right for a number to me. The hardcores should be fulfilled, and the casual collectors looking for clearance may have to scramble a bit.

[quote name='giantqtipz']I think the stick is just a collectors item. It won't give you an advantage over people with controllers. Mechanics aren't as demanding or strict as street fighter or marvel vs cspcom[/QUOTE]

this, just for those of you worried about playing with a controller

Can someone talk me through the advantages of having this layout over a TE fightstick for MK? I guess what I'm asking is, if I'm not a diehard MK fan, is there any reason for me to get the MK layout if I already have a TE?

[quote name='S_DOG34']Can someone talk me through the advantages of having this layout over a TE fightstick for MK? I guess what I'm asking is, if I'm not a diehard MK fan, is there any reason for me to get the MK layout if I already have a TE?[/QUOTE]

The layout is true to the MK arcade games. that's the advantage.

[quote name='cod4rulez4']The Madcatz store sell a replacement art piece for the TEs, that allow you to change the button placement for an MK scheme. Its pricey @ 39.99, but its cheaper than buying a whole new stick for the MK layout, and you're still using those quality japanese parts.[/QUOTE]

i have to look into this. $39.99 is kind of steep unless it has some nice artwork on it. (i doubt netherealms studios would license it and piss off pdp or whoever is making the TE edition) i was thinking of making my own to switch out and play MK anyways with plexi glass eventually or going on shoryuken as i'm sure someone on there would make a bolt on solution for sale on there.

no news on xbox getting an exclusive character? even banjo kazooie would have been nice. oh well, looks like i'll be getting ps3 version for kratos.

edit: just saw it at madcatz store. button holes are somewhat slanted and generic black red "MK" or could even be Diablo theme graphics. i'll wait to see what else is out there.

[quote name='Chemosh013']The layout is true to the MK arcade games. that's the advantage.[/QUOTE]

The button layout that MK3 introduced always seemed to be geared more towards differentiating itself from SF2's layout than being designed with ease-of-use in mind. When they added the run button they should have just switched over to the traditional 3x2 button configuration.

I've learned my lesson after the "TEKKEN 6 - Limited Edition Arcade Stick Bundle" last year.

3 weeks before release date: Pre-order sold out.

1 week before release date: Pre-order alternates between in Stock and OOS.

Release Date:

Week 1: In Stock everywhere at $149.99

Week 2 (yes the following week): Fry's special sale $99.99

Week 4 (aka Thanksgiving): Amazon Lightning Deal: $59.99

:whistle2:#

Games usually don't fall in this category, esp limited editions....

but with prime amazon can ship out as early as the Thursday before release.... I've seen this with movies a few times. Games almost always with the day before release or the Sunday before release.

[quote name='Ratchet & CAG']I've learned my lesson after the "TEKKEN 6 - Limited Edition Arcade Stick Bundle" last year.

Release Date:

:whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

Oh and don't forget about when bestbuy had it for $29.99 a couple weeks ago. With that being said, how "limited" was the Tekken 6 bundle advertised to be? It's almost as if they just claim it's limited to get more people to preorder and create buzz.

[quote name='S_DOG34']Can someone talk me through the advantages of having this layout over a TE fightstick for MK? I guess what I'm asking is, if I'm not a diehard MK fan, is there any reason for me to get the MK layout if I already have a TE?[/QUOTE]

Not really. The MK layout stick is pretty much useless in any other game, but you can easily play a MK game on a SF layout stick.

I just always wanted an MK layout stick at home. I actually want the stick more for playing the original games than the new one, I hope the button mapping is correct for PSN MK2.

[quote name='frpilot']
no news on xbox getting an exclusive character? even banjo kazooie would have been nice. oh well, looks like i'll be getting ps3 version for kratos.

.[/QUOTE]

I don't think Banjo Kazooie would be a good fit in the Mortal Kombat Universe ;)

[quote name='GohanX']Not really. The MK layout stick is pretty much useless in any other game, but you can easily play a MK game on a SF layout stick.

I just always wanted an MK layout stick at home. I actually want the stick more for playing the original games than the new one, I hope the button mapping is correct for PSN MK2.[/QUOTE]

Word - thanks for the advice. Gonna try out the demo this weekend.

[quote name='Ratchet & CAG']I've learned my lesson after the "TEKKEN 6 - Limited Edition Arcade Stick Bundle" last year.

Release Date:

Yup, I foolishly pre-ordered mine for $149.99 (me = idiot) @ Amazon because it came back in stock.

Good thing there was a 3-4 day delay, so I was able to print out the Fry's ad a week later after being posted on CAG, and then price matched it at my local Target for $99.99 + 5% off (Target Card) and refused my Amazon shipment when it came.

Missed the Lightning Deal though for $59.98 :cry:

As for this MK Limited Edition for $149.99... no thanks.

Release Date:

WOW that edition was 150 at release? i bought that crap from best buy when it got cut down to 30 a month ago...the contents of that edition were definitely not worth 150 haha.

After thinking about this long and hard, I have decided to cancel my preorder. Even though this bundle may be limited, the game and stick separately probably won't be limited since they can both be purchased outside of this bundle. Also, the stick is set up to use primarily for this game and I would prefer to get another stick that is more universal. This bundle would probably be under $100 in less than 2 months after release. I think my money would be better spent towards the MVC3 stick that is also supposedly rare (5,000 made) and is still for sale even though the game has been out for over a month.

bread's done
Back