Mortal Kombat Tournament edition back instock (amazon)

Hmm, sold out on Amazon and Best Buy now ... was thinking about cancelling my pre-order too ... but might wait a bit longer and see how this plays out.

[quote name='technicalstylez']^ quantity is limited to 20,000 in the US, which is pretty limited. that being said, amazon just let me add 999 to my shopping cart and proceeded to checkout with no problems. i have a feeling these are being taken as special orders on an individual basis. either way, we all win.[/QUOTE]
20,000 is less admitted than you'd think. MvC sticks are limited to 2.5K per system and they stick around for a bit.

[quote name='aem']In for another preorder to cancel before it ships.[/QUOTE]
this one is gona be tricky if it actually turns out to be rare and valueable!

Guys/gals...

I'm a joystick enthusiast...So w/that in mind lemme break it down:

1) For those that don't know, for $150 you get the game + joystick so the joystick's actually $90. You also get DLC (original cosutme + fatality of one character) if you pre-order at certain retailers.

2) It's been confirmed by WBIE for the 20k production #. Forgot the website it showed this.

3) I highly doubt it'll drop in price dramatically (if at all) anytime soon after release since this stick's much more feature packed than the one in the Tekken 6 LE bundle. Have you guys/gals tried that T6 stick?!?...It's utter crap at its finest, haha!

4) For those that pre-ordered & are thinking about canceling, I highly recommend keeping it & just selling on eBay if you don't like it since you'll probably get at least $130 - $150 just for the stick alone.

5) FWIW, a quality wooden Happ stick from a reputable vendor (AIAB, etc.) starts @ $150+ (check their websites if you don't believe me) so this a good deal but then again there will always be CAG's on here saying $90 isn't so...

6) FWIW2, the last time there was a limited edition wooden joystick endorsed by a developer was in 04' (Street Fighter Anniversary Edition) made by Nubytech. To this day, it sells on eBay (used) for the same price if not higher then it's original MSRP. They go for $60 - $100.

7) Not a big fan of Happ (I prefer Sanwa) BUT these components were used in the MK arcade back in the day at 7-11 so I'm pumped! Then again, the stick lever was actually made by iL back then (redistributed by Happ) so that's the only component I'm gonna mod to have that true old-school nostalgic feeling next to having an actual MK arcade machine.

Hope that helps!

Last edited by a moderator:
I pre ordered one for the PS3, I'll probably end up selling the whole package and buying the standalone game.

[quote name='Ratchet & CAG']I've learned my lesson after the "TEKKEN 6 - Limited Edition Arcade Stick Bundle" last year.

3 weeks before release date: Pre-order sold out.

1 week before release date: Pre-order alternates between in Stock and OOS.

Release Date:

Week 1: In Stock everywhere at $149.99

Week 2 (yes the following week): Fry's special sale $99.99

Week 4 (aka Thanksgiving): Amazon Lightning Deal: $59.99

:whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

But you can't compare that plastic cheap throw in to this wooden cabinet type stick. The other one was hori's worse thing they out out in a long time. Go ahead and wait this out it might stick around but I don't see a big drop

Also markman said before the horizon stick wasn't very good before it came out, not sure if he has seen this but I would like his opinions on it

[quote name='Donut2922']PS3 has Kratos as an exclusive character. Xbox is unconfirmed.[/QUOTE]

C'mon exclusive Tao Feng character for the 360 version. :pray:

[quote name='Donut2922']PS3 has Kratos as an exclusive character. Xbox is unconfirmed.[/QUOTE]

Having Kratos as character is just an added bonus. The video I saw of his character and moves looks great. Growing up from playing MK in the arcades this was a good deal. I don't mind that this is only for MK since I have SF IV T.E. R2 arcade stick.

I figured $60 for the game & $90 for the stick doesn't sound bad. Also for me the deal sealer to pre-order this was Amazon is no sales tax. I didn't care too much on the character skin and fatality but I can live with the reptile code.

Also heard you can unlock the other fatalities and skins from the 300 Challenge Tower?

Anybody know if this is true?

bread's done
Back