Mortal Kombat Vita $10, Batman: AC GOTY $30, Batman: AA GOTY $10 Gamestop (Dead)

Donut2922

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Gamestop has on sale new copies of:

Mortal Kombat (Vita) $9.99
Batman: Arkham City GOTY (360/PS3) $29.99
Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY (360/PS3) $9.99
Mortal Kombat Komplete (360/PS3) $19.99
Witcher 2 (360) $29.99
Lollipop Chainsaw (360/PS3) $39.99
Dirt Showdown (360/PS3) $39.99

Used prices are also all discounted accordingly.

The link to the final week of the Gamestock 2012 sale can be found here.

Walked into a GS here in Vegas and was looking at MK Vita when an employee gave me a heads up it was going to be on sale for $10 soon in case I was gonna buy it. I asked about any upcoming B2G1 for preowned games and he wasn't aware of one but said it's still possible since its usually a weekend type of promo instead of a weekly one.

Update courtesy of

Esalw - MK Komplete sale is live already.
Tatum - Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY $10

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice. Gonna trade in my copy I got for $10 a few weeks ago for $16 then buy it again for $10. $5 free credit for me. :)

This is all confirmed on gamestock2012.com, remember there is also an extra 50% trade in as well this weekend at GS.

[quote name='spydey']Cool, I missed the last MK Vita sale so hopefully will get it this time.[/QUOTE]

Last time I didn't have a Vita and now I do. I'm going to buy it this time for sure.

Does Gamestop usually restock games if they're in an advertised sale? The one here doesn't have any new copies (they've got some used though so if the used sale drops I'll be OK).

[quote name='WatTsu']Does Gamestop usually restock games if they're in an advertised sale? The one here doesn't have any new copies (they've got some used though so if the used sale drops I'll be OK).[/QUOTE]
Usually sales like this are just to clear out shelf space... (or warehouse space...) So unless they're REALLY backed up on these games I wouldn't expect them to magically show back up.

[quote name='WatTsu']Does Gamestop usually restock games if they're in an advertised sale? The one here doesn't have any new copies (they've got some used though so if the used sale drops I'll be OK).[/QUOTE]

I remember a few years back Gamestop had a sale and included some "rarer" new copies of launch titles for the Xbox 360. I was surprised they had stocked up on some titles since they hadn't carried new copies of those type of games.

I'm sure they stock up here and there, or maybe things have changed since then.

Why wouldnt it work on pre owned games? The current Dead Island GOTY is on sale for both new and used copies,unless you guys are talking about something else.

[quote name='ral1121']I remember a few years back Gamestop had a sale and included some "rarer" new copies of launch titles for the Xbox 360. I was surprised they had stocked up on some titles since they hadn't carried new copies of those type of games.

I'm sure they stock up here and there, or maybe things have changed since then.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I remember the one near me getting several copies of Valkyria Chronicles after that game supposedly went out of print for one of their sales a few years back. So I think I'm gonna call them up on Wednesday.

[quote name='chimpmeister']Got MK Vita on the last sale for $10, what a steal. Great deal![/QUOTE]

Yup, great game especially for the price!

[quote name='suwillgetu']MK Vita must of bombed. I wish I would've waited to get it.[/QUOTE]

I thought it was the other way around. Vita bombs so they're trying to get the best Vita game in everyone's hands on the cheap in an attempt to sell some Vitas.

My theory stands even more erect with this second helping of $10 MKVita, "For those who didn't have a Vita yet " - Gamestop possible deals guy.

MK Vita is awesome and highly addictive. I played through the challenge tower and challenge 300 is intense. Just wait. Great Vita game for that price.

I have a MK Komplete (PS3) question...

Does this game come with an online pass? I bought one from fry's when they had it for $29.99 and it included just two vouchers; one for the soundtrack and one for the movie.

Unlike the standard edition which I purchased last year, this didn't come with a cardboard "Kombat Pass (i.e. Online pass)".

Are there supposed to be more vouchers then just the two I described?

Thanks

[quote name='GBAstar']I have a MK Komplete (PS3) question...

Does this game come with an online pass? I bought one from fry's when they had it for $29.99 and it included just two vouchers; one for the soundtrack and one for the movie.

Unlike the standard edition which I purchased last year, this didn't come with a cardboard "Kombat Pass (i.e. Online pass)".

Are there supposed to be more vouchers then just the two I described?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

No online pass is needed.

[quote name='lBleachl']No online pass is needed.[/QUOTE]

Just for the Komplete Edition? Is it coded onto the game disc?

Thanks for your answer!

[quote name='GBAstar']Just for the Komplete Edition? Is it coded onto the game disc?

Thanks for your answer![/QUOTE]

I'm not sure about the vanilla edition, but I own the Komplete edition myself and I was not asked to enter an online pass even though the manual had some info about it.

^ Okay that makes sense. Thank you.

Everything including extra content (Characters, fatalities, etc.) must be on the game disc then and the only vouchers are for the soundtrack and movie.

[quote name='GBAstar']^ Okay that makes sense. Thank you.

Everything including extra content (Characters, fatalities, etc.) must be on the game disc then and the only vouchers are for the soundtrack and movie.[/QUOTE]

Yep, and those characters and fatalities are unlocked from the get-go.

[quote name='technicalstylez']thx for the heads up donut.
ps wutcha doin in vegas? vacation or move?
if u have time checkout the pinball hall of fame AND the retro game store next door :D[/QUOTE]

Just a much needed vacation. I'll be coming back into SJ tomorrow.

Eruption - sale will be online too. Sales are rarely in-store only.

Esalw - good catch bud thanks not sure if its just an extension of the current Gamestock sale then. Just passing along what an employee told me without seeing the ad myself.

If you didn't get it for $15, Batman AA GOTY will be $10

$10 OFF
Batman Arkham Asylum Game of The Year Edition
Available 08/01/12-08/07/12

[quote name='GBAstar']^ Okay that makes sense. Thank you.

Everything including extra content (Characters, fatalities, etc.) must be on the game disc then and the only vouchers are for the soundtrack and movie.[/QUOTE]

Sometime earlier in the year, they stopped the requirement for an online pass in MK.

Nice, I've been waiting for Batman AC GOTY. Will there be a flyer or something that I can use to price-match at Bestbuy?

I really hope Batman AA is really $10 and not just a false alarm like last week. Id PM at BB but none of the ones enar me carry it

I will see if I can PM MK:K to BB and jus trade in my regular copy at Amazon for $19

[quote name='Uday23']Nice, I've been waiting for Batman AC GOTY. Will there be a flyer or something that I can use to price-match at Bestbuy?[/QUOTE]
Its as simple as printing the website page to paper. Heck you can even show them your phone if you have a smartphone

Kind of interesting that with the new Bats movie out they are putting the old (AA) game on sale but with old Spidey games they are jacking up the price. Must just be a supply thing.

Not sure about the $10 MK Komplete Deal tomorrow - looks like it's already $10 off this week and it's $29.99, so if the next deal is $20 off, looks like it may just drop it to $19.99 (if $29.99 is already the discounted price). Then again, there isn't a slash across the price on their website like most discounted games on sale, so we may get lucky.

[quote name='Havok83']I really hope Batman AA is really $10 and not just a false alarm like last week.[/QUOTE]

Just go to Target. It's been $10 the entire month of July and is still on sale for that price through Saturday night.

I'll definitely get Batman: AC GOTY. Been waiting for it to drop for a while. I also got the GameStop E-mail in the morning, but I wasn't sure about the $20 off.

If you've played neither....... $10 Batman GOTY or $30 Batman GOTY is the 2nd that much better? I'm thinking i'll FINALLY try AA and get AC later if all goes well.

bread's done
Back