Mortal Kombat Vita $10, Batman: AC GOTY $30, Batman: AA GOTY $10 Gamestop (Dead)

Donut2922

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Gamestop has on sale new copies of:

Mortal Kombat (Vita) $9.99
Batman: Arkham City GOTY (360/PS3) $29.99
Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY (360/PS3) $9.99
Mortal Kombat Komplete (360/PS3) $19.99
Witcher 2 (360) $29.99
Lollipop Chainsaw (360/PS3) $39.99
Dirt Showdown (360/PS3) $39.99

Used prices are also all discounted accordingly.

The link to the final week of the Gamestock 2012 sale can be found here.

Walked into a GS here in Vegas and was looking at MK Vita when an employee gave me a heads up it was going to be on sale for $10 soon in case I was gonna buy it. I asked about any upcoming B2G1 for preowned games and he wasn't aware of one but said it's still possible since its usually a weekend type of promo instead of a weekly one.

Update courtesy of

Esalw - MK Komplete sale is live already.
Tatum - Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY $10

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Lord Hamm']Does the Mortal Kombat Kollection DLC come on disc or is it a download voucher?[/QUOTE]

Disc, but the non-dlc stuff is a code.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I buy so few gaming items nowadays and when I do it's with credit from some game flips. If I were paying real cash I'd be more annoyed. But with the local area here considering tacking on their own 1-2% on top of the states' 6% I'll more than likely only buy stuff when I go to a neighboring county to get around that extra 1-2% since I feel the city here has squandered the money they already bring in via the other taxes and I'd rather not give them another cent to waste.[/QUOTE]

With just about every city, town, county, and school district having their own local payroll taxes, how is it possible for them to have no money? I live in MA where people complain about taxes, but PA is a million times worse. I don't know how anyone has money to afford anything with all the God damn taxes.

[quote name='GaMeR_2007']^ You should try Walmart then if Target won't.[/QUOTE]

At least Target is clear that they require a printed ad for a price match, so I'm cool with that. What's not cool is when Wal-Mart's policy is that they don't require an ad and they don't want to play by their own rules. I went to Wal-Mart to price match GS's 30 buck price on Batman AC GOTY(to get the WalMart exclusive Gotham City Imposters content only on their copies of Batman AC GOTY) and the electronics employees(both of them) said I needed the printed ad. I showed them the ad on my phone and they said they don't honor website prices. I told them it was in store as well and they said I needed the printed ad. I pointed to both signs on both sides of the electronics counter they were standing at which specifically stated "You do NOT need to bring in the printed ad" as pertaining to their PM policy rules. They apparently never read that before lol and were shocked. They call over another employee stocking in electronics and he was aware of that but said, "Yeah, I saw that but the signs are missprinted and that is obviously a mistake. We can't honor the deal". I then brought up Wal Mart's own PM policy on my phone from their own website and this guy still contends his own store's policy is incorrect! LMAO! "That makes no sense", he said. He sent me to CS and there was a super hot cutie manager there who called GS 5 minutes before GS was closing, and got the price over the phone and gave it to me no questions asked after that. So that was cool:cool: but how can employees work full time in an area surrounded by these signs and never read them and when they do, tell me they are all wrong? Not cool:roll: man. Bottom line, be prepared for difficulty in Wal Mart PM's without an ad....

I'm pretty sure the employees were being lazy and dickish. Or they were too ignorant to actually read about the policy and were merely embarrassed to concede to what you were saying.

Went to Gamestop and asked for Batman AA new, they ask me three times whether I want AA or AC. Each time I reiterate AA new.

Dude finally says okay AA new gotcha and walks me over to the used section and says good we have it, and starts heading to the register.

I say wait that's used I want new, so we walks across the store to the new section and he says good we have it.

We walk up to the counter and he pops a disc into the box and says okay AA new is 10 something. I open the box and see a marked disc :cold:

Drove home and placed an order on Amazon for AA and MK.

/story

[quote name='Olengie']I'm pretty sure the employees were being lazy and dickish. Or they were too ignorant to actually read about the policy and were merely embarrassed to concede to what you were saying.[/QUOTE]

Actually, no. Forgot to ad that the first 2 I dealt with at the electronics counter(before that other guy stepped in) called some manager in the store and that manager told them I need the ad as well:roll:

[quote name='Gamien']Went to Gamestop and asked for Batman AA new, they ask me three times whether I want AA or AC. Each time I reiterate AA new.

Dude finally says okay AA new gotcha and walks me over to the used section and says good we have it, and starts heading to the register.

I say wait that's used I want new, so we walks across the store to the new section and he says good we have it.

We walk up to the counter and he pops a disc into the box and says okay AA new is 10 something. I open the box and see a marked disc :cold:

Drove home and placed an order on Amazon for AA and MK.

/story[/QUOTE]
The whole time I was waiting for you to say that he gave you AC instead. I actually re-read your comment and was hoping that was what happened to you.

[quote name='kouleefoh']The whole time I was waiting for you to say that he gave you AC instead. I actually re-read your comment and was hoping that was what happened to you.[/QUOTE]

Haha that would have been sweet

[quote name='solidus_00']Disc, but the non-dlc stuff is a code.[/QUOTE]

Damnit

I guess ill have to spend 20 more dollars then

[quote name='k1ngster']Unbelievable, a manager denied me a return and rebuy Mk vita with a 5off I have from the rewardprogram. He stated I needed to go to the initial store to use the coupon..[/QUOTE]

I work at gamestop and I can tell you that's BS. You don't need to go to the original store. I initially thought this myself until my manager corrected me. Try again tomorrow, if not, ask to see their return policy and maybe they'll budge. If not, try another gamestop in the area is there are any.

Just got Mortal Kombat Vita in the mail and sealed from gamestop :) I was sad when I missed it last time
And I am loving this game, and adds to my vita library
So all in all I am happy with this GameStop purchase

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='hereon']Just for Mortal Kombat Vita in the mail and sealed from gamestop :) I was sad when I missed it last time
And I am loving this game, and adds to my vita library
So all in all I am happy with this GameStop purchase[/QUOTE]

I got mine as well today. I already had Mortal Kombat on PS3 but for 9.99 it was worth buying it again. Including shipping/tax it was 14.39 or something around that. It was worth it though. I missed it the last time and assumed it wouldn't be that cheap again.

Learned my lesson on flipping yesterday. Bought 5 MK Vita's at GS and took em to best buy to trade, and they dropped the value from $13 to $6 overnight without me knowing. Lost a couple bucks on trading a couple of them, selling the others online I guess. Lol shameful

[quote name='K1NG J0RDAN']Learned my lesson on flipping yesterday. Bought 5 MK Vita's at GS and took em to best buy to trade, and they dropped the value from $13 to $6 overnight without me knowing. Lost a couple bucks on trading a couple of them, selling the others online I guess. Lol shameful[/QUOTE]

Made the same mistake yesterday. :( Do you think the TIV of MK will go up as soon as the sale is over?

[quote name='Francision']Made the same mistake yesterday. :( Do you think the TIV of MK will go up as soon as the sale is over?[/QUOTE]

No. It probably dropped because they got a bunch of copies. How many times do you see TIV increase?

I was describing the flipping process to a colleague of mine as a sort of "hot potato" game; where the whole point of the game is to not be the one left holding everything as soon as shit hits the fan. The MK Vita dropping overnight and the bunch of you caught with your pants down is a perfect example. Good thing I unloaded mine the day before the drop :D.

[quote name='k1ngster']Unbelievable, a manager denied me a return and rebuy Mk vita with a 5off I have from the rewardprogram. He stated I needed to go to the initial store to use the coupon..[/QUOTE]

I'm trying to return my game online and they won't even respond to my emails even though my return is in time.

They have the worst customer service. I wish amazon would put them out of business already. Same for best buys horrible CS.

I never take the shrink wrap off the game unless I check the TIV in the parking lot on my Droid and the value holds. If it was gutted, I just go ahead and leave the little sticker on and tell the best buy staff to scan the game and tell me the value before they open it...lol

[quote name='K1NG J0RDAN']Learned my lesson on flipping yesterday. Bought 5 MK Vita's at GS and took em to best buy to trade, and they dropped the value from $13 to $6 overnight without me knowing. Lost a couple bucks on trading a couple of them, selling the others online I guess. Lol shameful[/QUOTE]

You will also get banned for this petty flip lol.

This just makes me smile.

[quote name='kitsunisan']This just makes me smile.[/QUOTE]
Ditto,

I'll admit to flipping but I usually only do it with maximum of 2 copies (1 for each system), and I rarely even do that.

But buying 5 copies is ridiculous

Does the Mortal Kombat Vita and Batman AA GOTY ps3 have the dlc on the game and why are people buying new over used there cheaper

[quote name='starmask2k3']Does the Mortal Kombat Vita and Batman AA GOTY ps3 have the dlc on the game and why are people buying new over used there cheaper[/QUOTE]

neither have codes

I like new because if it's sealed I know I will have a clean copy, and since my power up pro expired on the first (no way am I renewing I didn't use it at all) saving a dollar wasn't enough to get me to buy used.

[quote name='merchie89']I like how half the people complaining about flippers are newer members, and most of the noobs joined to become flippers[/QUOTE]

Weren't you the dude bitching and moaning about flippers in the COD prestige Edition thread when BB had it on clearance for $14.99 a while back? And didn't you have a "flippers can go flip themselves" quote in your sig? Judging by your recent posts it looks like you became a flipper yourself. Why the change of heart merch?

[quote name='Gamer4life88']Weren't you the dude bitching and moaning about flippers in the COD prestige Edition thread when BB had it on clearance for $14.99 a while back? And didn't you have a "flippers can go flip themselves" quote in your sig? Judging by your recent posts it looks like you became a flipper yourself. Why the change of heart merch?[/QUOTE]

umm well a few reasons: I still do hate gamestop, I missed out on that deal and was very angry, and Best Buy didn't hire me after an interview so they can go to you know where!!!

[quote name='starmask2k3']Does the Mortal Kombat Vita and Batman AA GOTY ps3 have the dlc on the game and why are people buying new over used there cheaper[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry but $1 is not worth having a smudged up case with sticker gunk all over it. Not to mention the whole supporting the publisher/developer thing!

[quote name='Capocci 007']Good thing I bought mine on Wednesday and flipped the same day. You gotta be smart flipping. Like me[/QUOTE]

I already flipped a bunch the day before and was able to get my Vita for only $140 after it was all said and done. BB price matched the target deal too for the free Uncharted and screen protectors with purchase of one.

Flipping is good if you do it for the right reasons. Everyone that gets all bent outta shape over it just doesn't like saving money I guess. ;)

[quote name='K1NG J0RDAN']I already flipped a bunch the day before and was able to get my Vita for only $140 after it was all said and done. BB price matched the target deal too for the free Uncharted and screen protectors with purchase of one.

Flipping is good if you do it for the right reasons. Everyone that gets all bent outta shape over it just doesn't like saving money I guess. ;)[/QUOTE]

What would be the wrong reason to flip?

[quote name='bgame2']To fund the Obama campaign?[/QUOTE]

Haha! A wrong reason would be putting the money on a visa and using it on drugs or something. Lol. I just simply want to afford things a little easier. It's not illegal to flip, and it only helps us out in this economy. Not "el hoardo" or anything. This was actually the first time I've ever bought more than 2 of something. Definitely done doing it too after all that mess. Guess we all learn from it at some point.

[quote name='K1NG J0RDAN']Haha! A wrong reason would be putting the money on a visa and using it on drugs or something. Lol. I just simply want to afford things a little easier. It's not illegal to flip, and it only helps us out in this economy. Not "el hoardo" or anything. This was actually the first time I've ever bought more than 2 of something. Definitely done doing it too after all that mess. Guess we all learn from it at some point.[/QUOTE]

Wait you got the discount on both copies?
Edit: Sorry I thought you were talking about Zelda.

I wanted the used version but no GS' near me had them. New versions were closer.

[quote name='thegame85']I'm sorry but $1 is not worth having a smudged up case with sticker gunk all over it. Not to mention the whole supporting the publisher/developer thing![/QUOTE]
The stickers come off cleanly from GS anymore if you just take your time peeling them off slowly. So that reason for not buying used is out the window imo. As for supporting the developers/publishers, I'll always buy new with some companies(GTA titles & Rockstar titles in general).

But some companies(Deep Silver) that don't even think to try patching their glitchy, freezing games(Dead Island mp co-op) don't deserve my money and companies like Capcom that release 10 versions of a fuckin' game and then additional DLC on top of it(looking at you Street Fighter series) deserve a special place in gaming hell imo.

Oh and :rofl: at all of the usual 'omg flippers suck' suspects dog piling on someone for mentioning the evil art of game flipping.

bread's done
Back