Most Accurate Review of F-Zero GX

[quote name='AdamInPlaidum']Gamecubeguy is pretty funny. His latest article on gcadvanced.com regarding average gamers is hilarious, if overly fanboyish.[/quote]

At the same time he was dead on.

The game is SOOOOOOO hard, that's why I no longer play story mode, I just play the swesome levels.

hallway.jpg

crash.jpg

tomb.jpg

:rofl:

I feel better at my utter failure in F-Zero GX.

I loved his Ikaruga review with John Madden. I was cracking up constantly.

[quote name='review']And the number one thing that would have made F-zero easier is...
Replace the game code with that of Zelda: The Wind Waker.

You simply can't get any easier.
[/quote] :rofl:

Has anyone actually beaten story mode on FZero? I've unlocked Diamond cup and everything, but I can't beat the Grand Prix level in story mode. It's been a huge blow to my gaming self esteem, and I just want to make sure I'm not the only one.

[quote name='Mouse']Has anyone actually beaten story mode on FZero? I've unlocked Diamond cup and everything, but I can't beat the Grand Prix level in story mode. It's been a huge blow to my gaming self esteem, and I just want to make sure I'm not the only one.[/quote]

I feel you, man. I've unlocked the Diamond circuit as well but the story mode just destroys me. The difficulty level in this game is great, feels like I'm trying to beat a NES game. Challenging games are awesome when they are fair.

F-zero is the type of game that's constantly on the mind. It seems as though the game knows that you suck, and so it sits there and mocks you. I feel harassed even when I'm not playing it, to the point of where I think I'm being bullied in grade school.

:rofl: It's funny because it's true. It just haunts you and mocks you every time you lose, but it's addictive, so you just keep losing in the hopes that you can get that one shot in and win.

I have pwned F-Zero so badly.
I beat the levels on the very hard difficulty EXCEPT for that stupid 30 car competition and the race with that Dark dude. Jeez, that was one hard race. I even killed his car and he came back! WTF?!

All the other levels? Took me less than 10 tries for each.
Play first time slow, look at patterns, retry and beat the shit out of the computers.
:)

[quote name='Mouse']Has anyone actually beaten story mode on FZero? I've unlocked Diamond cup and everything, but I can't beat the Grand Prix level in story mode. It's been a huge blow to my gaming self esteem, and I just want to make sure I'm not the only one.[/quote]

I've got story mode beaten on hard, except for the last race. Can't seem to get much farther than that, though I've not tried for a few months now.

My general rules for F-zero, story and otherwise, is to just keep trying. Eventually you'll reach that Zen state where you can go through the course without really thinking about it. I'd love to see the stat menu on how many attempts I made at everything (probably 1 success every 50 tries, if I'm lucky).

It also helps to learn not to blink unless you're on a straightaway. Pain in the ass when you where contacts, but a necessity.

bread's done
Back