Most Comfortable Shoes?

RAMSTORIA

CAGiversary!
Feedback
34 (100%)
ive always rolled CAG style when it comes to shoes, im talking 10 bucks at walmart shoes. they get the job done, but i think its time to live it up and get some shoes that are slightly better quality. so, seeing as how ive bought the same shoes over and over the the last decade or so (literally), i thought id turn to CAG to see what they might recommend as a nice pair of comfy shoes. here are the rules.

im looking for something casual, nothing fancy.

they have to be under $100 (i might go higher if multiple people recommend the same shoe), i know that will probably rule out a lot of super comfy shoes, but alas im not made of money and cant justify over a 1000% increase in cost.

finally, they have to be available in 13, being a size 13 sucks, its 50/50 whether a company goes that high, for some reason the man decided 12 was the cut off.

anyway, here are a couple i was looking at to give you an idea of what kind of style i was going for.

http://zeta.zappos.com/product/7411885/color/178599

http://zeta.zappos.com/product/7400255/color/161329

http://zeta.zappos.com/product/7166191/color/147

edit: just for fun, these are the shoes (not literally, not my auction) that ive been wearing the past decade, when i pair wears out i just buy a new one.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ATHLETIC-WORKS-...mZ250371269378QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

It looks to me style wise you would be OK with some plain skate shoes. I've had a few pairs of Etnies and I can honestly say they rock. A lot of there shoes have a squishy leather interior that cushions your ankles when you walk.

I really like TUKs. Own three pairs, and I refuse to toss them, even though they have holes through almost every surface. Once they're broken in, they're comfortable as hell.

Just replying to your thread title, the first thing I thought of are Clarks. Some of the best and most favorite pairs I own are by them. They don't seem to fall in line with what you're looking for though, so with that I'll just throw out New Balance for some comfy ass, athletic/running shoes.

The most comfortable pair of shoes I've bought were Onitsuka Tigers. Generally $70ish at Journeys depending on the style you go for.

I've been wearing Vans since I was about 10. You can go to a Vans store and pay ~$60 for the coolest looking pair you can find on their big ol' wall o' shoes, or you can do what I do: Go to a department store (Kohl's usually works for me, if you have those by you) and check out the clearance rack. You can usually find a pair for $20 or less.

Being a size 13 can actually be to your advantage -- not many people wear that size, so a pair can sit in the clearance section for a quite a while, getting cheaper and cheaper. I'm a size 13 too, and I bought a pair of Vans this past weekend for about $15, after all of their discounts and whatnot. (I also bought a pair of Adidas for about $3.50. Honestly.)

I find Vans to be pretty comfortable once you break them in (they can be a little stiff at first). I like the skate styles (as opposed to BMX or whatever) because I can just lace 'em up loosely, tie the laces into a giant knot that I'll never undo, and wear them as slip-ons. Easy on, easy off. No probalo.

As far as durability: I wear those fuckers into the ground. I'm still wearing pairs that I've had for 6+ years. I think my slip-on method tends to wear out the inner heels faster, but obviously they'll still last quite a while.

I used to get those cheapass $10 shoes too. Now I have some $30 shoes :p. They're just new balance, but they seem to hold up better and are more comfortable. :shrug:

I wanna try some kangaROOS...last 2 pairs have been Saucony's (jazz and now bullet), and they've been very comfortable. The Bullet's are like wearing kung fu shoes though, very light and thin...

[quote name='vihit']I have 3 pairs of Kangaroos. I love them. They are the most comfortable shoes I own.[/QUOTE]

good to know.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']I really like TUKs. Own three pairs, and I refuse to toss them, even though they have holes through almost every surface. Once they're broken in, they're comfortable as hell.[/QUOTE]

i googled "tuks shoes" and came up with these... i assume these are what youre talking about, they look a little to hip for me, but they are cheap, i could get two pairs of these for the price of those nikes. well, the monthly specials are cheap.
https://www.tukshoes.com/store/inde...ath=73_66_10&zenid=hmhnns5to4egesomv3lfnd1l27

[quote name='JJSP']The most comfortable pair of shoes I've bought were Onitsuka Tigers. Generally $70ish at Journeys depending on the style you go for.[/QUOTE]

i was looking at them, but they all seem kind of fugly to me, maybe i can find some i like though.

The best shoes I've ever worn were the Rodney Mullen II RMX (or something like that). Skate shoes in general are designed to provide lots of padding for the foot for stability and all that. Es and Etnies are generally really good across all models. If you're buying Circa, Osiris, Vans, and a few other I unfortunately can't remember, definitely give them a few minutes of walking in the store.

Edit: One of the most popular skate shoes of all time is coming mark: the Emerica Marc Johnson. I think it's coming back from Lakai, a shoe company that became popular after I started skating, so I can't comment on the company.

I also wouldn't recommend buying online unless you buy and know how the brand fits. I bought a few shoes online in the past six months, some were terrible and didn't fit at all and others were fine.

Just want to get this out of the way: fuck the first CAG that suggests Crocs.

I have those Roos from Zappos in red/black and I wear them to the gym. Very comfortable and pretty cool looking.

I have to echo Sneaky's endorsement of TUK's: I've got 2 pairs of their creepers and a pair of their slip-ons and they're insanely comfortable.

If you're in the market for a cool pair of retro-style joggers you should consider these and these. I own both of them and like 'em a lot.

Yes, I have a lot of shoes. It's something of a problem. ;)

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']i googled "tuks shoes" and came up with these... i assume these are what youre talking about, they look a little to hip for me, but they are cheap, i could get two pairs of these for the price of those nikes. well, the monthly specials are cheap.
https://www.tukshoes.com/store/inde...ath=73_66_10&zenid=hmhnns5to4egesomv3lfnd1l27
[/quote]

Yea, that's them. I have a nice pair of plaid and leather creepers, and two pairs of the rising sun sneakers. I've worn holes straight through the bottoms and tops of both pairs of sneakers, and I'm still wearing them. I used to toss sneakers pretty quickly, but these are too comfortable, even years later.

The most comfortable sneaker I have ever worn was the new balance 991. They were awsome, you didn't even need to break them in. They don't make them anymore (sons of bitches, but I did stock up on 3 pairs before the nb outlet ran out of them) but with your size you might be able to find them on the web

I tried out the replacement model, the 992, and it wasn't the same. Before thanksgiving I asked the employee at dicks sporting good (chain store, I am not sure if they are national or regional) and he turned my attention to nikes maxair shoes. The lip of the show says code tr 2. They are very comfortable and offer nice support. They were on sale for $69.99 and they still look brand new. I have never had a pair of sneakers look and feel as new as these are over 3 months later.

[quote name='ryanbph']The most comfortable sneaker I have ever worn was the new balance 991. They were awsome, you didn't even need to break them in. They don't make them anymore (sons of bitches, but I did stock up on 3 pairs before the nb outlet ran out of them) but with your size you might be able to find them on the web

I tried out the replacement model, the 992, and it wasn't the same. Before thanksgiving I asked the employee at dicks sporting good (chain store, I am not sure if they are national or regional) and he turned my attention to nikes maxair shoes. The lip of the show says code tr 2. They are very comfortable and offer nice support. They were on sale for $69.99 and they still look brand new. I have never had a pair of sneakers look and feel as new as these are over 3 months later.[/quote]

I have a friend who loves those shoes. I have yet to purchase a pair of New Balance, though that'll probably be my next pair in a year or two. Regardless, the two best shoes i've ever had were the Nike Shox Ride :drool: (wish they kept model designs and didn't go OOP) and my Asics Cumulus :drool::drool: (really like walking on air). The Nike Shox Ride (only tihs model) are fantastic and comes from a time when Nike was doing some interesting and innovative things with their Shox lineup. The thing has the Shox, but comes with the Air strip in the front to take off pressure from the front of the foot. So fucking comfortable. Now they just have the standard Nike Shox or the NIke Shox Turbo (not really that comfortable, mostly looks), and they don't do the brand or the technology justice.

I wear skate shoes, they're pretty comfortable.
Usually just buy whatever is on clearance at the skate shop because I don't usually have 100 bucks to spend on shoes. Right now I have globes, I skate a lot and my shoes wear out in like a month.

[quote name='ryanbph']The most comfortable sneaker I have ever worn was the new balance 991. They were awsome, you didn't even need to break them in. They don't make them anymore (sons of bitches, but I did stock up on 3 pairs before the nb outlet ran out of them) but with your size you might be able to find them on the web

[/QUOTE]

there are some 991s on ebay for 50, so i am watching those, the auction ends in a few days.

As soon as i saw the 3 shoe options you posted, i knew which pair of walmart shoes you owned.

Not what you're looking for, but clarks wallabees are the shit, for future reference.

*edit* Comfort wise, phat farms have to be the most comfortable shoes i've ever owned. Not sure if anybody else has owned a pair, but they were the shit.

[quote name='Cracka']As soon as i saw the 3 shoe options you posted, i knew which pair of walmart shoes you owned.

Not what you're looking for, but clarks wallabees are the shit, for future reference.

*edit* Comfort wise, phat farms have to be the most comfortable shoes i've ever owned. Not sure if anybody else has owned a pair, but they were the shit.[/QUOTE]

well your the 3rd person to recommend clarks, so ill def. have to check them out. any idea what stores sell them (id like to try them on rather than order straight from the internet)

ill also google those phat farms shoes.

Well, if you're willing to take the online route, which I would advise against, you can get skate shoes from Amazon for like $20 to $30, and some have the free shipping offer.

Wish they still made these...

simg_t_oreebok_insta_pump_fury_shoe_mens10_1jpg

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']well your the 3rd person to recommend clarks, so ill def. have to check them out. any idea what stores sell them (id like to try them on rather than order straight from the internet)[/quote]The only problem with Clarks is that they don't really fit the style you're looking for. They're not so much sneakers, but they have stuff you can wear to dress down with jeans. But they are comfy.

Check if your area has a Clarks store. They also have them in Bostonian stores or some place like Nordstrom.

I swear by Docs for dress/casual and New Balance for active/walking. I've tried a pair of Asics Cumulus for running and they were light years ahead of the old Adidas running shoes I owned.

If I was a youngin' I'd still be wearing Vanns/skater shoes.. sooo comfortable but not my style once I hit 11th grade. The MFers bled like a stuck pig when they got wet.. I remember black and blue socks galore that started out white. :D

Those Nike Air Pegasus '83 SI look sick and are at a good price. They aren't that comfortable but they're decent.

bread's done
Back