Most current PS2 is tiny! See Pics.

hmmm... Maybe I should finally break down and buy one of these. I've never had a PS2, but got 2 sets of Taiko for ~$15 each. But they don't play on the PS3. Maybe get one of those Black Friday deals... I don't know, that's a lot of money just to play Taiko though.

Tekken Tag Tournament (blue disc) runs fine on my PS2 slim. its an older model with the external power supply. Yes it spins faster but it really isn't going to harm the disc drive.

Thanks for the link to Play-Asia, jkam. I just picked up one of the stands for my Batman Bundle PStwo I was able to score during Amazon's short-lived $99.95 dealio during Black Friday. I bought it for my daughter's room (it's my second US PS2, heh) although I've been using it for Persona 4 a lot more than I thought I would be. Meh, at least the family that plays together stays together . . . or something like that :whistle2:D

[quote name='nbballard']I heard when they first released the slim they were having overheating problems. Has that been resolved?[/quote]

My first PS2 (slim) lasted about a year after 7-8 hours straight on GTA everyday, something happened where it wasn't getting any power, we raplaced that.

The second PS2 (slim) I haven't had any problems with it. It's been ran for 36 hours on B-spec for Gran Turismo 4 more than once and still no problems ;)

I never even realized that they redid the PS2 again. This must of been after the PS3 came out?
I guess they did the same with the PSOne, made it a lot smaller.

I got this one recently in silver. Great revision of the slim. I use to own the older slim model with the power brick and console which were always hot to the touch. The new one I have has a louder fan, but stays much more cool. The internal power supply is also a plus.

I have an old slim - silver with external power supply. If anyone runs into the vibrating disc problem I say return it and exchange. The first silver slim I got did the same and it was just not normal, I exchanged it that week and my new one does not have that issue.

I am also more sensitive considering I had one of the old fat PS2 that would not play the blue disc...it started out as hard vibration and ended as no play at all.

Christ that PS2 is tiny...

I was thinking of getting one soon, but my PS2 fat I years ago is still working fine - the only odd thing I've noticed that others I've spoken to don't seem to have is that it plugs into the television via the satellite port...

Interesting how it doesn't have the grill design on the front.

The slim PS2's sure look flimsy, but mine has lasted a lot longer than any of my fat PS2's.

I saw the slim for the first time in a GameStop a few months ago. Its size surprised the hell out of me. I would say the 2 guys there would think I was crazy, but they were barely paying any attention to me.

bread's done
Back