Most expensive dvd bundle in the world

Brian9824

CAGiversary!
Feedback
83 (99%)
Nice bundle, but since I've got all of the Stargate, Atlantis and Serenity, its not for me. I wouldn't mind Dark Angel or the X-Files, but I could care less about Buffy and Angel.

Bottom line is it looks like they are clearing out their inventory of stuff. Putting it together may look good in theory, but there are probably a lot of people out there who would be interested but already have half of it. Like me and the OP.

TBW

As I only have Firefly, I'm the sort of person this package is designed for, but can I get some feedback on whether all of the shows are actually worth owning?

[quote name='SuperFox']As I only have Firefly, I'm the sort of person this package is designed for, but can I get some feedback on whether all of the shows are actually worth owning?[/quote]

IMO yeah those are some of the best Sci-fi shows on TV. Every single one i've seen the entire series except for pretender

[quote name='animemaniac14']The Fullmetal Alchemist Vol. 1 Tin was at that price for a little whiel too...not its down to $600+ used lol[/QUOTE]

Geez... It's enough to make me wonder if selling my tin is a good idea... the dvd booklet's even autographed by Vic Mignogna, so technically I could charge more...;)

How much was the Pilot Candidate volume, anyway? It's not listed now... anything like this one?
http://www.amazon.com/Star-Blazers-...1-8003208?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1193671763&sr=1-6

[quote name='ArmyOfFun']They don't post the prices anymore (you have to e-mail them now to get a quote) but when they did, Kaleidescape's collections ran in the thousands of dollars. If I remember right, they weren't bad deals (they weren't price gouging).

Their Criterion Collection is made of 274 titles:
http://www.kaleidescape.com/products/collections/kcoll-0300.php[/quote]

Thats what I thought this thread was about before I clicked on it...I was sorely disappointed.

[quote name='hero101']Any anime collection dvd set bundles yet?[/quote]
I dunno about bundles, but this is the most expensive legit dvd collection I've seen:

City Hunter Complete - price range of $700-900

I'm sure a Detective Conan DVD bundle can easily trounce that though.

[quote name='danny-o']Havent seen firefly though so no judgement on that one.[/QUOTE]

Absolute godliness. I hate sci-fi but that show was amazing.

If I remember right, the entire Star Trek series, which included TOS, TNG, DS9, Voyager and Enterprise was in the $2000-something range. Might've included the movies as well.

[quote name='animemaniac14']The Fullmetal Alchemist Vol. 1 Tin was at that price for a little whiel too...not its down to $600+ used lol[/quote]

On Ebay!?!??!?! Seriously?!?!? I couldn't find any there for sale.

Let's see, I already own that Buffy set. Need to get Angel. I already own the entire X-Files series on slimpacks and the DVD (bought for $5 at Walmart at at some time and can be found at a similar price), but I might splurge on the mythology sets for the heck of it. Never liked The Pretender or Roswell. Firefly is one of the, if not the, best shows of the 00's. Dark Angel is great as well. Most of the Stargates are great and Atlantis is an alright-o.k. show so far.

Of those I own

Buffy
Stargate Atlantis 1
X-Files
Dark Angel
Firefly (need a new copy though)

Only ones I would get out of that set are Stargate SG1, Firefly, Dark Angel and the X files. I plan on geting them all some time down the road. The Stargate SG1 set though has 4 extra discs that this set will not have seeing how it is just the season sets. I still need to pick up The Lone Gunmen - The Complete Series. It got to a point that I liked that more then I did the x files.

[quote name='TheBlueWizard']Nice bundle, but since I've got all of the Stargate, Atlantis and Serenity, its not for me. I wouldn't mind Dark Angel or the X-Files, but I couldN'T care less about Buffy and Angel.
[/quote]

It's couldn't, not could. I can't belive people still don't understand that saying.

I think that set is a little old I remember hearing about it before, but the price seems cheaper than I remember.

Oh definitely. If that was a 1080p quality set it would probably sell very well.

Only the influx of SD quality on the market would overflow.

[quote name='shrike4242']If I remember right, the entire Star Trek series, which included TOS, TNG, DS9, Voyager and Enterprise was in the $2000-something range. Might've included the movies as well.[/quote]

Yeah I remember that. It was all seasons of TOS, TNG, DS9, VOYAGER, Enterprise, the movies, and the two Trekkies movies. It ran about $2200. I remember Trekkies were up in arms because something called "The Complete Star Trek Collection" dared not include The Animated Series.

I remember for a while the complete first season of La Femme Nikita was running $100-150 almost everywhere. I just checked it on Amazon and it's down to a more respectable(but still too damned much for my liking) $50 something.

bread's done
Back