Most expensive game you *had* to buy?

I bought Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse for $74.99+tax at Sears. I enjoyed the game, but I could never really beat it. The closest I think I ever got to it was the Grim Reaper's second form.

Hmm, it was way too easy to pay $70 for SNES games when they were first released. At that point in time I remember my parents getting fed up with the price of video games and refused to buy anymore SNES games as gifts anymore, so virtually all of my SNES purchases had to taken out of my savings. I remember paying $50 for Super Metroid after it had been out for like 6 months, and the same for Zelda A Link to the Past, and those were only after sales in my area.

If I saw a game on clearance back then for $30 or less and it was a good game, I about freaked out. By some miracle I found a new copy of Phantasy Star IV on clearance for $25 at my local TRU a year after it had been released :shock: , and I remember nearly wetting my pants with joy at finding a new copy of Castlevania IV for $20.

The last expensive games I bought were for my Saturn: $70 for a new copy of Panzer Dragoon Saga and $60 for an import copy of Castlevania Symphony of the Night for my husband.

All I can say is thank god video games now cost less.

Arc The Lad Collection. 80 bucks at Wal-Mart. Couldn't find one at TRU.

Next it will be Growlanser Generations : Deluxe Edition. $90. Unless you guys can find it cheaper. *nudge nudge*

Probably $69.99 for Nights...Into Dreams (at least it came with a cool controller which I used for all my Saturn games). Also $69.99 for Eternal Champions (Genesis)...got a lot of use out of that one though. All my friends had it and we would practice individually at home and then meet at someone's house and have tournaments kicking the crap out of each other (in the game, too).

bread's done
Back