most expensive old school game you bought for?

Skyfall_007

CAGiversary!
I paid 80 for xmen vs SF for saturn when it frist came out awsome arcade perfect port just expensive since it came with the 4mb cart!

I don't understand what you ask in your posit.

for... my dog? my self? my wife? for .. Weird Al? or are you asking what is the most expensive old school game that I have purchased?

When Tekken 4 came out for the PS2 in Japan, I pre-ordered the game and ordered next day express air and the total was at about $90.00 when all was said and done.

I think I paid like 60 bucks for the PAL Shenmue 2 for the DC. Some guys on the IGN DC board found out that Funcoland was going to sell it, but you had to Pre-order it. The workers there didn't know it was even in the system till I ordered it. A few weeks later when it came out, funcoland got my copy(the only one ordered) and I got my game.

It kicked ass that I didn't have to pay for shipping considering lots of places want 60+ for the game then 10 for shipping from the UK.

$14.99 for The Legend Of Zelda: A Link To The Past for Super NES. There aren't a lot of SNES games I'll pay $15 for, but that was well worth the money.

80 something for Star Wars Shadows of the Empire when it first came out , the first and last time I ever blew that much on one game.

[quote name='ZForce317']$25 for Dragon Warrior III for the NES.[/quote]

i paid 50 bucks for dw3 complete at toys r us(this is AFTER the $5 off coupon that they gave all the nintendo power subscribers for the stupid lawsuit....

That was the last time I bought a new NES game.

Most I paid for a snes game? FF3 brand new for $40

Probably the $20-$30 I have been spending on old FF titles lately. My dad probably spent loot on Zelda II-Adventures of Link back in the day when he got it for me from a guy at blockbuster. You couldn't get it anywhere.

I remember Zelda being pretty damn expaensive for the times when it came out for NES. Worth it though.

I spent $54.99 for Mortal Kombat 3 for the SNES at TRU back around 1996.

I remember the old days where they just needed my telephone or ask me a question before I buy M-rated games (I was 8 yo).. the gool ol' days..

hahaha neo geo....i still have mine been tryning to get rid of it for years..but that's not for this discussion-the most i ever paid for an old school game was Silpheed for the Mega CD when it first came out ( i'm a big shmup fan..) i paid 130 for the game 40 for the cdx convertor cartridge and 7.50 for 2 day delivery from the die hard gamers club (back when collecting imports was trendy, to say the least) and also got a japanese nintendo 64 two days after release from buy rite video games( the walk in store not mail order) for 750 bucks complete with pilotwings 64 and super mario 64, too much money i spend on this stuff....i guess i'm not a CAG "(

MMMMM Radiant Silvergun.... good choice.

I can't remember how many I bought but the Genesis games like Y's, M-1 Abrams, 688 Attack Sub were all like $69.99-79.99. I REALLY don't miss cartridges at all. I think the most I ever paid for a game was either the first or second Turok for the N64. Weren't they like $79.99 or 89.99?

Funny how you forget exactly how expensive those memories were.

uh.. i think is was either super smash bros for n64 for 60 bucks, or the non-gh gran turismo 3 + a 8mb memory card for 90?

$110 for Turbo Duo's best game... Dracula X (a.k.a. Rondo of Blood)

For "new school" gaming, without a doubt... Steel Battalion ($170)

...and I wonder why I can't afford a new car :roll:

89.99$ for Final Fantasy III for the SNES.

I paid 100$ for Virtua Racing for Genesis, but I ended up returning it the next day after I realized how crappy it was compared to the arcade version.

[quote name='jeffreyjrose']lots and lots of $60 N64 games... but those days are behind me now that I have CAG[/quote]
Yeah that shit sucked

70 for Chrono Trigger. I got FF3 as a gift but I know it cost 75. Those are the most I have ever spent on a game. The other high ones were when every game cost 60. I got my PS2 Rez for 40, but I know it goes for more.

I pre-ordered Samurai Shodown V Special on the Geo. Not really old school, but the console is to most people. $350+. God that hurt.

Otherwise, I dropped $85 on King of Fighters 97 for the Geo and that stands until SSVS arrives.

ive boughten all of my oldschool games for free-5 bucks at my old local gamestore because i was their first customer and best i might add.......i always got discounts so it was my hangout

bread's done
Back