Most for my money?-GameStop

Leek

Banned
I don't think I'll be using my Marvel:Ultimate Alliance or Forza 2 any time soon, so I want to *gasp* try to get credit for it from GameStop.

So they sell Forza 2 for $35 Used, and MUA for $20 Used
That's a $55 value, divide it by half, and that's $27.50. Now would gamestop give me about that much? And if I give them Prey as well, could I get one of those 30% more deals?

When are those extra trade in credit coupons when you need em?

[quote name='Limpbizkit182521']You would be lucky if they give you $15, I doubt they give more than $10.[/quote]
I've been using my guess work off of what I've seen from before

They sell Halo 2 for $20
They buy it for $10
They sell AC for $60
They buy it for $30

It seems it's a 50% deal. I could be wrong though.

AC is a brand new game and Halo 2 is still popular. F2/MUA have been around and many people have traded them in already. But I could be wrong, I'm guessing too.

I understand that as well. I found a "Trade in 3, get 30% more. All I want it my $35[If I add PDZ/Prey?]

the MUA/Forza 2 pack-in that comes with the 360 won't net you much money. GS sells it for 19.99 used so using your logic they'd give you $10.

Perhaps ebay will be a better option?

Unless you get 50% extra on a recently released next gen title, GameStop will never give you "most for your money". Don't argue, because that's a fact.

Also: Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooob.

We have an entire wiki dedicated to trade in values so please check that in advance. Forza 2 was at $15 two and a half months ago (and recently dropped in msrp) and MUA was at $5 the same time. Also, if it's the holiday bundle with both games together, they sell it used for less than $20. So expect $7 for both if you're lucky, Mr. Pleasanton.

Gamestop will fuck you over in every way when it comes to trades. Ebay it, sell it on here, whatever. You're going to get more out of it regardless of what you do as opposed to selling it to Gamestop.

Also, in regards to your sig, it's "One less" ;)

gamestop will rape you. Gamerush/blockbuster gave me $47 for this pack back in early November. I'd suggest calling them if they are in your area. I used that to preorder mass effect.

[quote name='Leek']I don't think I'll be using my Marvel:Ultimate Alliance or Forza 2 any time soon, so I want to *gasp* try to get credit for it from GameStop.

That's a $55 value, divide it by half, and that's $27.50. Now would gamestop give me about that much? And if I give them Prey as well, could I get one of those 30% more deals?

When are those extra trade in credit coupons when you need em?[/QUOTE]

you can goto GaymeStop for deals like that HOOOOOO~

HardGay.jpg

[quote name='slavefive']gamestop will rape you. Gamerush/blockbuster gave me $47 for this pack back in early November. I'd suggest calling them if they are in your area. I used that to preorder mass effect.[/quote]
Seriously? Hot damn! I'll call them up. Thanks dude.

[quote name='Leek']I don't think I'll be using my Marvel:Ultimate Alliance or Forza 2 any time soon, so I want to *gasp* try to get credit for it from GameStop.

When are those extra trade in credit coupons when you need em?[/quote]

Its not half.

Its 1/3rd.

Update: fucking win. Called BlockBuster, they're going to give:
Forza 2-$32
MUA-$10
Kameo-$8
Prey-$8
PDZ-$8

That's more than what I payed for them:D

Now to see if the two games both have barcodes.....

[quote name='Leek']Update: fucking win. Called BlockBuster, they're going to give:
Forza 2-$32
MUA-$10
Kameo-$8
Prey-$8
PDZ-$8

Now to see if the two games both have barcodes.....[/quote]

Not packaged for individual resale

LMAO

I know xD But I called them up and I know people in blockbuster from school, they said as long as all manuals ect are included they can ring up the barcode for me. Giving them The Simpsons Game as well, so I'll get a total of $101 of credit. Going to get BioShock and CoD4 :D

I called my local BB and yea, $15 for MUA and $32 for Forza 2...but I didn't realize (stupid of me) that they only give store credit...I don't rent games, and need cash now X_X

Store credit, meh can't you still buy games from them? Or I heard that if you rent a game and tell them you're not going to return it they take away $45 from your account? As well, I thought they sell games 0.o I hope I can still get my BioShock and Cod4. Now that would be an acheivement, after spending only $25 to get all these games

Gamecrazy is a little bit better for trade ins then gamestop I have seen But nothing beats ebay or cragis list.

[quote name='creeeaature']Dudes, you really need to check out the gamerush thread.[/quote]

this is what I was thinking. He's just now realizing the potential of the GR thread. I just wish I could see his reaction once he sees some of the stuff kunai has been able to pull off at GR.

so wait how much can you get in you trade in

Forza Motorsport 2 and MUA

and they are in the same case like how it comes with the premium package?

[quote name='Leek']I understand that as well. I found a "Trade in 3, get 30% more. All I want it my $35[If I add PDZ/Prey?][/quote]

Where you got that? lol

[quote name='Leek']Update: fucking win. Called BlockBuster, they're going to give:
Forza 2-$32
MUA-$10
Kameo-$8
Prey-$8
PDZ-$8

Now to see if the two games both have barcodes.....[/QUOTE]
wait which blockbuster in the bay area is willing to trade in games?
Also there is no game rush around here or else there could be some great deals.

[quote name='Leek']Store credit, meh can't you still buy games from them? Or I heard that if you rent a game and tell them you're not going to return it they take away $45 from your account? As well, I thought they sell games 0.o I hope I can still get my BioShock and Cod4. Now that would be an acheivement, after spending only $25 to get all these games[/quote]

Still trying to 'beat the system', huh? Good luck, since I think BB is like FYE and requires manuals/case art and games to be in seperate cases. Oh and....how did that 'beating the system with the 360' go?:lol:

bread's done
Back