Most FYE's to discontinue selling PS2 games?

ricoraney

CAGiversary!
First off, forgive me if this is already out there. When I saw the thread about "Buy 1 PS2 game and get 1 free" via rebate, I had to check this out at my local FYE. When I asked the girl that was behind the counter, she said this was not going on at her store, then she said that in 2 weeks they were getting rid of all their PS2 inventory, and that only some of the FYE's in the malls were going to carry them.

So if there is a special game that you've been looking to get, you'd better hurry.

BTW, this is the store in Union, NJ.

Hmmm, they are probably clearing them out of some locations and moving them to others.

One of the FYEs near me has been getting constant shipments of older PS2 games from other locations for the last few months.

Eventually, of course, they'll clearance them entirely, like they're doing now with GBA/Xbox/GC, but WHEN is the key question....

Oh, and about the rebate "not going on at their store," I would think that rebate offers are company-wide. That's the reason I scanned the rebate form. Since it's not a register print out, I would think you could buy 2 PS2 games at any FYE store and print your own form and send it in. Anyone know otherwise?

Yeah, it looked like my fye was getting a bunch of older PS2 games. Then again, it's pretty big considering they took over an arcade that was attached and turned it into the used/clearance merch. room.

great to hear. i'll be broke again soon because of this. the one by palisades mall in west nyack, ny still had a ton of shit that wont move. they'll sit on it forever like they always do.

The store at the Georgetown Shopping Center in Brooklyn moved all it's new PS2 games sometime within the last two weeks since I've been there last. I don't remember if they had anything good, but I hadn't realized the PS2 clearance prices were for new games until Friday, so I may have missed out on some good deals.

[quote name='Rave Child']The store at the Georgetown Shopping Center in Brooklyn moved all it's new PS2 games sometime within the last two weeks since I've been there last. I don't remember if they had anything good, but I hadn't realized the PS2 clearance prices were for new games until Friday, so I may have missed out on some good deals.[/quote]

Yeah, that threw me on the XBox games as well, since they're in a room that's pretty much known for being the "used" room (although they do throw clearance stuff in there like $2-$3 TNA shirts). I got lucky and found Raw 2 for $5 after a total of 75% off (marked from $20 down to $10 then half off). My sister got the PSOne screen add on for some ridiculous price... I think $18.

im sick of FYE they cancel everyone of my orders i had online and now im fighting to get the credit put bckon the gift card.

5 games in the last 6 weeks cancel ,,, they said they never came out total bs.

last one was Phantasy star for the psp and blue dragon plus for the ds

bread's done
Back