Most Sought after or least sought after Best Buy or other Store Exclusives?

ShaneFalco

CAGiversary!
I think the 300 best buy set is probably the most sought after but are there other exclusive dvds that were in high demand in the past?

I remember when the Departed Steel Book DVD came out in Feb

They still had copies of that on the first day.

You can still find copies of the Tenacious D Pick of Destiny with the bonus dvds at best buy.

I think Circuit City had a bonus disc for Apoclypse Now that was popular.

They STILL have the exclusive Best Buy Superman Returns paperweight busts at some Best Buys I've seen. I think they marked them down to either $.99 or even $.01.

And some clown on craigslist keeps listing it in the Collectibles section as "RARE AND SOUGHT AFTER", lol, and wanted like $90 for it or some such nonsense.

[quote name='ShaneFalco']

I think Circuit City had a bonus disc for Apoclypse Now that was popular.[/QUOTE]

You can find it on ebay for $25 or so. But CC only got three of four copies on release day. The extra disc isn't even worth the two things it has on it.

there was a Best Buy exclusive Star Wars tin with the limited edition versions of Episodes IV-VI if i'm not mistaken. i remember they sold out quickly and i saw them on ebay as well.

I think the Best Buy exclusive "Crystal Lake Memories" Friday the 13th bonus DVD was going around $80 there for awhile.

[quote name='karkyco']They STILL have the exclusive Best Buy Superman Returns paperweight busts at some Best Buys I've seen. I think they marked them down to either $.99 or even $.01.

And some clown on craigslist keeps listing it in the Collectibles section as "RARE AND SOUGHT AFTER", lol, and wanted like $90 for it or some such nonsense.[/QUOTE]

My Best Buy has had the Clerks II lunchbox-looking special edition sets for a long time. I'm pretty sure they're the same price as the movie, though. $19? $14? Something like that.

[quote name='Koggit']My Best Buy has had the Clerks II lunchbox-looking special edition sets for a long time. I'm pretty sure they're the same price as the movie, though. $19? $14? Something like that.[/QUOTE]

I was about to say, mine still has several of those too. I keep hoping they'll mark them down since they take up so much shelf space (and I still need to own that movie ;) ).

[quote name='MrBlud']I think the Best Buy exclusive "Crystal Lake Memories" Friday the 13th bonus DVD was going around $80 there for awhile.[/QUOTE]
Wait, there was a bonus disc with the Friday the 13th boxset at BB? I remember it saying something about one in the BB ad when it was released, but I bought a set that week and didn't get one. Was it supposed to be on-pack or a separate item?

[quote name='HumanSnatcher']The BB exclusive Office Space set that came with the SE you can buy on thinkgeek.com by itself heh[/quote]

The ThinkGeek set (I've also seen that at Border's and Newbury Comics) has a little more than the Best Buy bonus set.

[quote name='shyguy1083']there was a Best Buy exclusive Star Wars tin with the limited edition versions of Episodes IV-VI if i'm not mistaken. i remember they sold out quickly and i saw them on ebay as well.[/quote]

They all came in a tin.

I've seen them here and there recently. Even a used one at fye.

[quote name='WebScud']The ThinkGeek set (I've also seen that at Border's and Newbury Comics) has a little more than the Best Buy bonus set.[/quote]

I thought you guys meant "The Office" set. I have the BB Office Space set.

I have the 300 LE/Cerks LE/Star wars tin/Departed Steel/Office Space set/. There is also a set of The Office TV show with seasons 1&2 that comes in a paper box with extras. Totally worth hunting for.

If I knew about the Crystal Lake disk I'd have been all over it.

So many posts and not one mention of the V for Vendetta BB LE with the Guy Fawkes mask? For shame. That thing sold like hot cakes and was pretty much out of the store day one like the 300 sets.

So far I have both 300 LEs (got the comic con set), V for Vendetta set, and the Departed Steel Book (this one is probably my favorite next to the V set). I'm hoping that one of my BBs still have the Clerks 2 set, which I believe that they do.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']So many posts and not one mention of the V for Vendetta BB LE with the Guy Fawkes mask? For shame. That thing sold like hot cakes and was pretty much out of the store day one like the 300 sets.

[/QUOTE]

The V for Vendetta LE didn't sell nearly as much around here. It did not sell out and hung around for a LONG time.

Lets not forget the Batman Begins BB holographic cover. That goes for alot, as well as the suncoast exclusive Sin City set. I prefer the Target LE V for vendetta with the graphic novel and holograpic cover.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']So many posts and not one mention of the V for Vendetta BB LE with the Guy Fawkes mask? For shame. That thing sold like hot cakes and was pretty much out of the store day one like the 300 sets.

So far I have both 300 LEs (got the comic con set), V for Vendetta set, and the Departed Steel Book (this one is probably my favorite next to the V set). I'm hoping that one of my BBs still have the Clerks 2 set, which I believe that they do.[/quote]

The V for Vendetta set definitely can't come close to the 300 set. My BB sold out of the 300 sets in about 30 seconds after the doors opened. My BB had the V for Vendetta sitting around months and months after it was released. You can still find them in some Best Buys..

[quote name='Promophile']Lets not forget the Batman Begins BB holographic cover. That goes for alot, as well as the suncoast exclusive Sin City set. I prefer the Target LE V for vendetta with the graphic novel and holograpic cover.[/quote]

any more info on the suncoast exclusive sin city set? or someplace i can read about it... never heard of this one before...

You can still find the Clerks 2 lunch box sets

they cost around $34.99 so I assumed people did not want to pay extra for a cardboard lunch box with paper items

I thought the Natural Special Edition Best Buy set with the baseball cards and baseball hat would sell like hotcakes

I remember rushing to the store on the day of the release assuming it would sell out

you can find those at almost any best buy store

I still love my Saw Uncut bloody case. I know, it's not a store exclusive, but I don't expect to see it in stores anymore. Target has it, but they've reissued it without the special case.

So was the 300 helmet made of weird cheap plastic like V, or actually something nice this time?

[quote name='Promophile']Lets not forget the Batman Begins BB holographic cover. That goes for alot, as well as the suncoast exclusive Sin City set. I prefer the Target LE V for vendetta with the graphic novel and holograpic cover.[/quote]

Where have you seen it for sale? I have that edition maybe if it was worth enough i would sell it

[quote name='Liontamer']Wait, there was a bonus disc with the Friday the 13th boxset at BB? I remember it saying something about one in the BB ad when it was released, but I bought a set that week and didn't get one. Was it supposed to be on-pack or a separate item?[/quote]
On pack, there was a sticker on the packaging. Most store recieved no more than 3 or 4 and they practically all sold out on release day. The bonus disc was nothing major, just a interview at a Fango convention with several of the actors who've played Jason over the years & was around 15 minutes long. I sold the bonus disc for about $80 the week after it was released.

[quote name='ShaneFalco']You can still find the Clerks 2 lunch box sets they cost around $34.99 so I assumed people did not want to pay extra for a cardboard lunch box with paper items[/quote]
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8130854&st=clerks+2&type=product&id=1603098

$15 on Best Buy's website, you can also check to see if any of your local stores have it from there.

Arent the Death Proof and Planet Terror steelcase editions that are coming out Best Buy exclusives? I've seen the pics of them, but couldnt find any info.

My BB was giving away those Night at the Museum dinosaur fossil puzzle standees promotions for one cent. I never saw the movie but it's a t-rex. I went ahead and got one, it's actually pretty cool looking on my shelf.

[quote name='Sabrett']The V for Vendetta set definitely can't come close to the 300 set. My BB sold out of the 300 sets in about 30 seconds after the doors opened. My BB had the V for Vendetta sitting around months and months after it was released. You can still find them in some Best Buys..[/quote]

Well, let's reconsider this as my BB got in way way more V for Vendetta sets than 300 sets so I can only assume that this is the reason why the V for Vendetta sets hung around a bit longer. Out here, they were pretty much gone within one-two weeks at every store.

[quote name='Kerig']I still love my Saw Uncut bloody case. I know, it's not a store exclusive, but I don't expect to see it in stores anymore. Target has it, but they've reissued it without the special case.

So was the 300 helmet made of weird cheap plastic like V, or actually something nice this time?[/quote]

Saw Uncut with the bloody case is damn hard to find. I got lucky when I found mine since I bought it a bunch of months after it was released and hadn't known that it was a one time limited release.

[quote name='ShaneFalco']You can still find the Clerks 2 lunch box sets

they cost around $34.99 so I assumed people did not want to pay extra for a cardboard lunch box with paper items

I thought the Natural Special Edition Best Buy set with the baseball cards and baseball hat would sell like hotcakes

I remember rushing to the store on the day of the release assuming it would sell out

you can find those at almost any best buy store[/quote]

You just reminded me of two sets that sold really well/had very few out when they were released. There was the Hellboy Blood and Iron set with the kick ass Hellboy Action figure that pretty much sold out instantly and then the Hellboy set with the miniatures from CC.

[quote name='opterasis']Arent the Death Proof and Planet Terror steelcase editions that are coming out Best Buy exclusives? I've seen the pics of them, but couldnt find any info.[/quote]

When does this come out. I might just get these because I want to see them again, even though it goes aagainst my judgement in supporting them after they split up the movies and released them without the trailers. I spoke to their people at Comic-Con anyway and they said for sure that they're going to release a super mega ultimate set of both in a return to the actual GRINDHOUSE format that they were supposed to be in. They've already got in the works to ala Sin City, so it won't be something takes years and years, like Kill Bill, that we eventually don't see.

It took some kanoodling, but the rep pretty admitted this after awhile.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Saw Uncut with the bloody case is damn hard to find. I got lucky when I found mine since I bought it a bunch of months after it was released and hadn't known that it was a one time limited release.[/quote]

and I feel damn lucky to have found one! Much like you, I wasn't even aware that it was released like this, then one day, I passed by the boxedsets at Target and I looked to my right to spot this version. I scooped it up for 8.99 and it now stands inbetween my two jigsaw figures. :cool:

On another note, while not exclusive to any store, the simpson's season 7 marge head is damn near impossible to find.

These BB sets must be VERY region specific about availability.

I'm a PT employee in the Boston area and we still have the 300 & V with mask set. We had the Matrix & Superman bust set for a long time. Finally they got pulled for not selling. Superman is still around though if anyone wanted one.

Anyone who wants a BB exclusive I guess I could take requests, since I'm always around for release days.

[quote name='dg7md']My BB was giving away those Night at the Museum dinosaur fossil puzzle standees promotions for one cent. I never saw the movie but it's a t-rex. I went ahead and got one, it's actually pretty cool looking on my shelf.[/QUOTE]

When did they do this? Mine still has a ton of them. I would like to pick up a couple, one to keep one to put together. :)

[quote name='rodeojones903']The Big Lebowski: Achiever's Edition[/QUOTE]

?!?!?! i am shocked and sad to say that i have never heard of this edition of big lebowski

On topic, the v for vendatta freebie(guy fawkes mask + 4 free posters) and rome s2 freebie(cork stop) are pretty damn cool.

I was on BB.com today, and they have an exclusive version of deathproof for 30$. There better be more to it than just being a steelcase release. They still have no listing for Planet Terror.

Just checking in to say, my local BB still does have the Clerks 2 lunchboxes, about three or four of them. I didn't notice them, so they might have taken them in the back and put them back on sale. I saw them on Saturday.

Looks like nobody wants those lol

[quote name='dg7md']Just checking in to say, my local BB still does have the Clerks 2 lunchboxes, about three or four of them. I didn't notice them, so they might have taken them in the back and put them back on sale. I saw them on Saturday.

Looks like nobody wants those lol[/QUOTE]

part of the preblem would be that what grade school kid would even know what clerks is, and the adults that know what it is would not have much use for a lunchbox. Its not that its a bad idea, but i doubt i would use it and it would just sit on the shelf and take up valuable dvd space

bread's done
Back