Most Walmarts and Best Buys will have Wiis

punjabi_munda

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
Ok i have a friend that works at walmart and one that works at bestbuy. One of them(bestbuy) told me that they already got the shipments and they could only put them up on shelfs this 31st. i thought he was lieing but then my other friend(walmart) told me that they are getting the shipment and will have them ready on the 31st. So this must be true.
Then i also looked up on http://ps3seeker.com/wii/ they have also noted that bestbuys and walmart are going to get Wiis.
(im sure http://ps3seeker.com/wii/ is legit because its never been wrong about the past releases.)

Most Walmarts and Best Buy will have Wiis on December 31th 2006.

so b ready.

Possible, sure, but I'll let you know when I see a confirmation email from TRU corporate of a shipment or an ad- I ain't seen those yet.

Great thread. You just assume they will. Any evidence? Get ready to get your ass handed to you by pissed off people come 5 days.

[quote name='punjabi_munda']Most Walmarts/TRU and Best Buy will have Wiis on December 31th 2006.

so b ready.[/quote]
C'mon OP if you're going to start a thread and throw a statement like that out there you need some sort of credible info to back it up.

Well the TRU here got 12 Wiis in this morning when I was there for the clearence sale, sitting in their shipping boxes behind the counter because they hadn't had time to put them out yet. The guy asked me if I wanted a Wii when I was checking out and said they just came in 10 minutes ago. So I don't think there's a set date, it's whenever they get them in. Stores aren't holding them back anymore like they were before Christmas, once they come in, they go to the shelf.

A mod needs to close this. This thread is pure speculation that some random guy knows that 3 different retailers will have Wii's.

Why wait until the 31st to put them out if they already have them? That makes no sense.

Wouldn't they have them out the day after they get them at the latest?

[quote name='keithp']Why wait until the 31st to put them out if they already have them? That makes no sense.

Wouldn't they have them out the day after they get them at the latest?[/quote]

My guess is they are holding for a Sunday ad. Same stuff they did several times before Christmas.

Wal Mart and Best Buy have been holding their Wii and PS3's until Sunday for the last month. I had several WM's tell me they were holding for a specific Sunday release date a couple of weeks before Christmas - even though they had them in the back.

Walmart did the same thing for xbox 360's last year. They could not sell them untill Jan. 1st b/c they were in a sale paper that started on the 1st. That is how and when I got my 360

Ok that makes more sense, but then Speedy or someone should be able to verify this since it'll be in a paper right?

[quote name='Blade70']If this is true, hope they don't sell out before the store even open! :([/quote]

At BB they technically sell out because tickets are handed out about an hour before the store opens. I've tried to get one about 4 times now. Each time I got there a few hours early but still ended up being too far back in line to snag one.

I really hope this time around there's no people camping, with X-Mas gone I hope its as easy as walking in the store and picking one up.

I had one but gave it up for an X-Mas gift, now I need one for myself again.

I'm also looking to pick one up. I have some extra Xmas cash and I already bought Zelda at Target yesterday. I want to buy one at Wal-mart since I have a $100 gift card but I'm also ok buying it else where. Any more info would be greatly appreciated. :)

The crazy thing is I saw a few PS3 in stores yesterday...

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I really hope this time around there's no people camping, with X-Mas gone I hope its as easy as walking in the store and picking one up.
[/QUOTE]
I don't know...if people catch wind of restocking, they will wait. Maybe people will think the best way to ring in New Years' Eve is to wait in front of their Best Buy for something that may or may not be there. (Well, PS3s yes...but Wiis are a question)

[quote name='spoo']The crazy thing is I saw a few PS3 in stores yesterday...[/quote]

Yeah totally weird, I've had 3 oportunities already to get a PS3, once as I walked into Best Buy, then Gamerush, and ToysRus.com but the Wii seems harder to "run" into.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Yeah totally weird, I've had 3 oportunities already to get a PS3, once as I walked into Best Buy, then Gamerush, and ToysRus.com but the Wii seems harder to "run" into.[/quote]

Ditto. In the past week I have had 2 opportunities to get a PS3 but didn't feel like spending $500 or $600. Both places they had been sitting there for 4 days. I got a Wii launch day and haven't seen one since.

I called a local TRU today and she said "Out of Wiis but I have two PS3s", it seems as if people are wanting Wii more. I've been trying to get my hands on a Wii but it seems impossible :(

I got one from Toys R Us this morning at 10:30. I was the second person to get one and they had two left.

[quote name='gizmogc']A mod needs to close this. This thread is pure speculation that some random guy knows that 3 different retailers will have Wii's.[/QUOTE]

such a crybaby, wah wah

[quote name='imacgod']I got mine at Best Buy today in the afternoon :)[/QUOTE]

This is what pisses me off about the whole thing, the inconsistencies of the stores. Some put them out right away, others hold onto them, some do both depending on who is working that day or whatever they feel like doing. It's a complete crapshoot. I went to my Best Buy this afternoon, asked the video game guy, and got the standard "Duh I don't know, you might want to check back on Sunday." How can he not know? Either they got them in or they didn't. Or will there be a delivery between now and then? Whatever.

Anyway, I don't mean to say I'm pissed you got one. I'm glad some CAGs are catching a break and picking them up, but man I'm getting frustrated.

I was at Target today, and I heard the videogame clerk tell some other employee that they got some Wii's in yesterday (wed) and sold them all quickly.

I dunno, I give up trying to find one til Spring. It's just too much hassle.

I work at a walmart distrobution center in the midwest and in the past week we have had over 800 cases come thru. (2 to a box) so I know that wm will have quite a few don't know if they are holding them till the 31st tho.

ps3s that is haven't seen any wii come thru yet but that is just on my shift.

[quote name='rabbitt']As far as accessories, my Wal*Mart didn't have shit.[/quote]Thats strange. I went to Wal Mart yesterday and mine had everthing (controllers, nunchucks, cc's, points cards, everything). I guess it is YMMV at Wal Mart, so I finally got my classic controller.

I GOT A WII!!!! I went to Best Buy yesterday to pick up 24 Season 5 when I saw this line by the video game section. I'm certain it's for either the PS3 or the Wii, but not sure which one. I went behind the register and saw a stack of about 15 Wii waiting to be sold. I counted the line and there were 10 'heads' (not sure if all 10 were going to get one), so I stood in line. By the time I was paying, there were still 6 left.

[quote name='Blackshear']Any validation on this yet? Or anyone got any tips of scoring one in Dallas?[/QUOTE]

Yea, I'm wondering if this is going to be true as well.

And when does Wal-Mart put these out, for a 24 hour Wal-Mart? Midnight?

Sunday add says BB will have min 25 PS3s per store on 12/31 and I hear they are gonna pass out tickets 1 hr before opening. I called to see if they where gonna have Wiis and a guy told me he didnt think so but it was worth checking out.. I'm going to.

[quote name='Blackshear']Sunday add says BB will have min 25 PS3s per store on 12/31 and I hear they are gonna pass out tickets 1 hr before opening. I called to see if they where gonna have Wiis and a guy told me he didnt think so but it was worth checking out.. I'm going to.[/QUOTE]

Haha, the employee actually told you "I don't think we'll have them but you might want to stop by anyways" just phrased differently?

Nice... that's the most BS answer I've ever heard.

I'm going to stop by a Target at 8 am I think, see what they have, and if they have nothing get to Best Buy by around 9 and start waiting... they'll start handing out tickets, I'll ask for a Wii, if they don't have any I'll leave and head on over to Circuit City to be there when they open (gonna buy some movies anyways).

From what I've read in other forums the BB ad for tomorrow mentions PS3 consoles (minimum 24 per store) but says nothing about the Wii. I've read where some people are saying BB did get Wii's in earlier in the week but already put them out and others saying they may be holding stock back for tomorrow. I even read one post where someone said BB would put out any Wii systems they got from UPS or FED EX but they were holding back any Wii's they got on their normal truck shipments (this was per posts at slickdeals.net).

I've been looking all night for confirmation of this so I know whether to mess with lining up in the morning for a Wii. My guess is that there will be lines for the PS3 (at least in my area because it seems KC stores don't get very large shipments and they still sell out) and I bet BB will do the ol' ticket handout an hour before opening...

Can anyone (BB employees) confirm or deny this? Any info is greatly appreciated.

I miss the days of people confirming 100% which stores will have what... now that I can finally get a Wii it's a hell of alot harder than it was before Christmas.

bread's done
Back