Most Walmarts and Best Buys will have Wiis

I work at BB. So far, we've been told to hold ps3's for tomorrow, and to sell wii's on receipt. when/whether we will be getting any I have no idea.

[quote name='Roufuss']Haha, the employee actually told you "I don't think we'll have them but you might want to stop by anyways" just phrased differently?

Nice... that's the most BS answer I've ever heard.

I'm going to stop by a Target at 8 am I think, see what they have, and if they have nothing get to Best Buy by around 9 and start waiting... they'll start handing out tickets, I'll ask for a Wii, if they don't have any I'll leave and head on over to Circuit City to be there when they open (gonna buy some movies anyways).[/quote]

I wasted several hours in line at TRU on 12/22 b/c of a BS employee answer like that. I called my TRU on 12/21 when everyone was posting that they were putting Wii systems out that morning. I had already visited a TRU at 11:00AM that morning across the state line (KS) and they didn't have them. I spoke with a lady at my TRU and asked "Do you have any Wii systems in stock". She said No (yeah I know a real shocker ;) ). I then told her I heard a rumor they would have them in on 12/22. I also asked if they had received/sold any that day. She told me they had not received any on 12/21 and as far as 12/22 "I can't confirm or deny that rumor however you might want to check back when we open in the morning".

I took that as "Hey store policy says I can't tell you we're going to sell them in the morning but you might want to check anyways wink-wink ;) ;) ". So I get to TRU at 5:00AM on 12/22. When I get there I'm 6th in line. I talk to the lady that is #1 and she said she was told the same thing over the phone so that's why she was there. Meanwhile the employees inside see us lining up for hours and don't say anything. The line grew to about 15 and at about 7:30am the manager comes out and asks "What are you guys waiting for?" We of course said Wii and he tells us "Sorry, We got 15 Wii's and 10 PS3's in yesterday and we sold them all by about 10:00am. We have a few nunchuks left but no consoles". I was fuck ing pissed! If that lady would've just said "Yeah we had them and sold them" then it would've been end of story instead of leading a bunch of customers on like that. What a Wii tease :bomb:

NO stores got Wiis (at least in my area)!

I started at 5:30 this morning and checked Best Buy, Circuit City, Walmart, Target, and GameStop. No stores got shipments. I was at the front of the line at the opening for three of those stores listed above. No Wiis anywhere.

Almost all of them had PS3s they were trying to get people to buy, though.

:bomb:

Phone calls have turned out the following results:
Best Buy, "No Wii's but we do have PS3's for sale."
TRU, "I haven't heard anything about a shipment, but you should check back around lunchtime."
Circuit City, "We have at least 2 and are expecting a shipment sometime within a week."

No Wiis this morning at multiple local Best Buys, Wal-marts, Circuit Citys, and Targets. Plenty o' PS3s, of course.

No mention of Wii consoles in anybody's Sunday circulars either.

Went to BB in Dallas around 8 (no one lined up), saw employees if they where gonna have Wiis, they said PS3 only.

Went to two BBs, one in NJ, one in NY, no luck. Plenty of PS3s though, even around the afternoon. Went to two TRUs as well, no luck. Why the hell do they keep boxes on display...

Going to try the Targets and CCs tomorrow, I'm not expecting much. Anyone in the NJ, NYC area manage to get one today?

[quote name='Supreme']0/5 on getting a Wii. No one had any DS Lites either. TRU just had pink ones.[/quote]

From what I've read it seems like the only place nationwide that had Wii's for sale was FYE's on the west coast. At least that's based on the forums I've read today.

[quote name='punjabi_munda']Ok i have a friend that works at walmart and one that works at bestbuy. One of them(bestbuy) told me that they already got the shipments and they could only put them up on shelfs this 31st. i thought he was lieing but then my other friend(walmart) told me that they are getting the shipment and will have them ready on the 31st. So this must be true.
Then i also looked up on http://ps3seeker.com/wii/ they have also noted that bestbuys and walmart are going to get Wiis.
(im sure http://ps3seeker.com/wii/ is legit because its never been wrong about the past releases.)

Most Walmarts and Best Buy will have Wiis on December 31th 2006.

so b ready.[/QUOTE]

Can we string up the OP and tickle him senseless now?

[quote name='punjabi_munda']Ok i have a friend that works at walmart and one that works at bestbuy. One of them(bestbuy) told me that they already got the shipments and they could only put them up on shelfs this 31st. i thought he was lieing but then my other friend(walmart) told me that they are getting the shipment and will have them ready on the 31st. So this must be true.
Then i also looked up on http://ps3seeker.com/wii/ they have also noted that bestbuys and walmart are going to get Wiis.
(im sure http://ps3seeker.com/wii/ is legit because its never been wrong about the past releases.)

Most Walmarts and Best Buy will have Wiis on December 31th 2006.

so b ready.[/quote]you are such a tool.

bread's done
Back