Most you would pay for each classic console? Complete Listings.

J7.

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
What is the most you would pay for each classic console? I'll take people's recommend prices and average them. I'll add more variations of some of them if people price/specify or request them. Only listing those released in America that are not widely available new anymore.

Consoles:
1st Generation
Magnavox Odyssey
Magnavox Odyssey 100
Magnavox Odyssey 200
Tele-Spiel ES 2201
Atari/Sears Telegames Pong
Coleco Telstar
Nintendo Color TV Game

2nd Generation
Fairchild Channel F
RCA Studio II
Atari 2600 $20
Magnavox Odyssey^2
Mattel Intellivision
Atari 5200 $15
Vectrex
Emerson Arcadia 2001
ColecoVision
Sega SG-1000

3rd Generation
NES Model I $30 (avg of 2 votes)
NES Model II $55
Sega Master System
Atari 7800

4th Generation
TurboGrafx-16
TurboGrafx-CD
Turbo Duo
Sega Genesis Model I $10
Sega Genesis Model II
Sega Genesis Model III
Sega CD
Sega CD II
Sega CDX
Sega 32X
SNES $32.50
Neo Geo
Amiga CDTV
CD-i
Pioneer LaserActive

5th Generation
3DO $70 (1 vote)
Jaguar
Jaguar CD $50 (1 vote)
Saturn
Playstation
Nintendo 64 $30 (1 vote)
Virtual Boy
Pippin
Neo Geo CD

6th Generation
Dreamcast
PS2
GC
Xbox
Atari Flashback

7th Generation
Atari Flashback 2

Portables:
1st Generation (2nd Console Gen)
Milton Bradley Microvision
Nintendo Game & Watch (please specify game)

2nd Generation (4th Console Gen)
Gameboy
Gameboy Pocket
Atari Lynx
Game Gear
TurboExpress

3rd Generation (5th Console Gen)
Nomad
Game.com
Gameboy Color

4th Generation (6th Console Gen)
Neo Geo Pocket Color
GBA
GBA SP
GB Micro
Tapwave Zodiac
N-Gage
N-Gage QD $30 (1 vote)

5th Generation (7th Console Gen)
DS
PSP 1000
PSP 2000
Gizmondo

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you want prices assuming we don't already own the systems or prices based on what we think they're actually worth.

For example, I already have a PSP 3000. As such, the appeal of a PSP 1000 or 2000 is pretty low to me. At the same time, I'll gladly acknowledge the fact that someone who doesn't have any PSP should get one and pay a fair price for either system.

Wouldn't ebay be the best gauge of this? Check out completed listings and what not.

Most of the older systems won't be on there and, to be honest, I wouldn't pay much for the older stuff.

[quote name='depascal22']Wouldn't ebay be the best gauge of this? Check out completed listings and what not.

Most of the older systems won't be on there and, to be honest, I wouldn't pay much for the older stuff.[/QUOTE]
It's how much you think the console is worth, not its market price. For example if it's selling for $40 on ebay but you're only willing to pay $25. Then others can know maybe it's not currently worth what it's selling for.

[quote name='Halo05']Do you want prices assuming we don't already own the systems or prices based on what we think they're actually worth.

For example, I already have a PSP 3000. As such, the appeal of a PSP 1000 or 2000 is pretty low to me. At the same time, I'll gladly acknowledge the fact that someone who doesn't have any PSP should get one and pay a fair price for either system.[/QUOTE]
Assuming you don't already own it or you can just post if you own a version of it and I'll note that.

Maybe you should just leave the thread open so people can come in and ask if they're getting a good deal. Most of the time, I find older consoles bundled together with several games and/or accesories.

Personally, I would not pay $40 for a NES just because the handheld NES, the retro mini x, is $35 at Buy.com. The most I would pay for a NES model 1 is $20 and, at this point in the console's life, it really needs to have some games with it.

That's how much I think it is worth, but I wouldn't buy it for $20 because I have 3 original NES systems, a top loader, FC-Twin, Retro Duo, and Retro Mini-x.

Super Nintendo, I think is worth $30-35. Again, it should have a game or two with it.

Genesis - $10

[quote name='nickerous']Personally, I would not pay $40 for a NES just because the handheld NES, the retro mini x, is $35 at Buy.com. The most I would pay for a NES model 1 is $20 and, at this point in the console's life, it really needs to have some games with it.

That's how much I think it is worth, but I wouldn't buy it for $20 because I have 3 original NES systems, a top loader, FC-Twin, Retro Duo, and Retro Mini-x.

Super Nintendo, I think is worth $30-35. Again, it should have a game or two with it.

Genesis - $10[/QUOTE]
The reason I gave the NES $40 is because those other fake NES's I've seen have always had emulation issues, whether it be the sound or not playing every game. Added your values & averaged it out. Also added more values: Atari 2600 $20, Atari 5200 $15, NES Model II $55.

Alright, lemme do some... (all complete/mint, I don't generally bother with stuff that isn't)

3DO - $70
NGage QD - $30
Jaguar CD - $50
Nintendo 64 - $30

That's about all I'm looking for.

Atari 2600- $10. It's old, it's RF-based and most games in the wild are common titles.

Atari 7800- $30 at most

Master System- $15 for model 1, $10 for model 2. Unavailability of games locally means there is NO interest.

NES- $20. I don't care if you shoved some 3rd party replacement pins inside, those are unreliable and poorly made anyway. $50 or more? I'll go buy a clone system instead.

SNES- $25. People who ask $50 have their heads up their rears. I can get a Retro Duo for less.

Genesis- $10-$15 for model 2, $15-$20 for a HDG model 1. No higher.

Sega CD- $15 for model 2, $20 with plastic spacer. $20 for a model 1 if it works

32X- $10 with all cables, maybe $15 IF it has the Genesis 1 cable adapter. Few games made, even fewer GOOD games, it's a useless attachment

PS1- stores here sell them for as low as $15 and that's about all they're worth, what with backwards compatibility in the PS2 and PS3.

Saturn- $15. Hard to find games for it, most of the better games have been price inflated by collectors making them unaffordable. Guess what, I don't like Panzer Dragoon enough to pay $100 for it. I don't like it enough to waste a blank CD to bootleg it.

Original Gameboy- $5 at most. Later models do the same thing

GB Color- $10 max

GBA- $10. No backlight, it's useless

GBA SP- $25.

GB Micro- $20

N64- $15 without expansion, $25 with. A store here "sells" without expansion for $50. I quote "sells" as they have never actually sold one at that price.

Gamecube- $25 at most. They're common and Wii BC has killed a lot of interest

Xbox- I've seen them as low as $30 now and that's about my limit these days.

Consoles:
2nd Generation
Sega SG-1000 $40

3rd Generation
NES Model I $5
NES Model II Got 2 for $12
Sega Master System$15

4th Generation
Sega Genesis Model II $20
Sega Genesis Model III $20
SNES Model I $10

5th Generation
Saturn $70
Playstation One $20

6th Generation
PS2 Model I $30
PS2 Slim Model II $50

Portables:
2nd Generation (4th Console Gen)
Gameboy $10
Gameboy Pocket $15

3rd Generation (5th Console Gen)
Nomad $20
Game.com $40

Neo Geo Pocket Color $30
GBA $10
GBA SP $30
GB Micro $10

DS $40
PSP 1000 $40

To be honest half of these systems i wouldn't pay anything for.

A new NES system for 40 bucks seems good to me. I own a wii, and routinely download classic NES games, and while they are all awesome, their replay value is pretty limited.

Half of these systems I choose to pay and sell.

4th Generation

Sega CDX-$35

PSP 2000-$75

GB Micro-$60

Here are the rates in which i've paid for my systems and what they typically go for here in Indiana.

Sega Dreamcast - $25 with all hookups and 1x controller
Sega Saturn - $40 with all hookups and 1x controller
Sega Genesis model 2- $30 with all hookups and 1x controller
SNES model 2- $40 with all hookups and 1x controller
TG-16 - $60 with all hookups, turbobooster, turbo tab, 2x controller, 1x game

I realize that these prices may be way high for most, but they are the going rate around here. And eBay shipping usually kills the deal for a lot of these systems.

bread's done
Back