[Mostly Dead] 20% Cash Back* When Paying with PayPal at select sites

drfunk85

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
When using select sites, you can get 20% cashback when paying with Paypal, up to $50. The catch is you get the money put back on January 31, 2008 (a little over 2 months).

Sites can be found here

EDIT: MOST STORES HAVE ENDED THIS PROMOTION. MAKE SURE BEFORE BUYING.

EDIT: TERMS AND CONDITIONS:

TERMS AND CONDITIONS
PAYPAL HOLIDAY CASH BACK PROMOTION
OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA WHO ARE 18 YEARS OF AGE AND OLDER AND WHO ARE PHYSICALLY LOCATED AND RESIDE IN THE UNITED STATES OR DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA. VOID IN PUERTO RICO, AND WHERE PROHIBITED.
By participating in this promotion, you acknowledge that you have read, understood, and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
1. Offer Description: Eligible customers defined in Section 3 below will receive 20% cash back on their total purchase amounts (including shipping and taxes) made with participating merchants during the offer period. The maximum total amount of cash back per PayPal account is $50 USD.
2. Eligible Purchase: You must use your PayPal account to make purchases on participating merchant websites by selecting PayPal as a payment option during the offer period, except for exclusions at stated in Section 7 below. Multiple purchases are allowed. Payments at Overstock.com must each be for at least $100 USD (including shipping and taxes) to qualify. In the event that you made a purchase and the merchant has not billed you for it, the purchase amount must be charged to your account no later than January 10, 2008 to qualify (and you must still make the purchase within the offer period).
3. Eligibility: Only Unites States PayPal accounts are eligible. Your PayPal account must be in good standing. Restricted, locked or closed PayPal accounts are ineligible.
4. Offer Period: Offer starts on November 26, 2007 at 12:00:01 am Pacific Time and is available for a limited time only. Offer is only available as long as the merchant's website indicates that the 20% cash back promotion is offered, but no later than December 10, 2007 11:59:59 pm Pacific Time.
5. Participating Merchants: The merchants participating in the offer are: (List to come by 10/19). The offer period for each merchant may vary. To find the most current list of participating merchants, go to www.paypal.com/holiday.
6. Cash Back Payment: The cash back payment will be deposited into your PayPal account by January 31, 2008.
7. Excluded Transactions. The following transactions are excluded from this offer: PayPal Mobile transactions, payments using the PayPal Plug-In (formerly named: Virtual Debit Card) service, PayPal ATM/Debit Card payments, payments made when you are not logged into your PayPal account, and PayPal Plus Credit Card/ eBay MasterCard payments not made through your PayPal account. If the payment is refunded or cancelled at any time, you are not eligible for the promotion. If the payment is refunded after you receive the cash back, PayPal will deduct the cash back amount from your account.
8. Restrictions: PayPal reserves the right to cancel, suspend or modify part or this entire offer at any time without notice, for any reason in its sole discretion. This offer cannot be resold or transferred.

beat me to the punch. i don't know how good of a retailer etoys is, but i bit on a star wars psp for about $163 after cashback. by the way, i've received my paypal cashback no problem last time they did a promotion, you just have to be patient. you won't receive it till after jan 31, like the promo says

very nice find! i wouldn't mind waiting that long, so long as i get my money back in the end, just like mail-in rebates. that means i can snag a ds for $104! thanks OP!

Thanks op. Anyone know what site to go to get the DS Zelda bundle? I found two, but they have the price listed at 159.99? I could go to Amazon and get it tax free for 149.99.
Also, my dream of finding a brand new 60 GB PS3 was crushed.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']No Console Restrictions?[/quote]
I added the terms and conditions to the OP. No restrictions on anything, other than if it is at overstock it must be a $100+ purchase. Also, 20% cash back includes S&H, so you will get 20% on the entire amount spent. Multiple purchases are allowed too.

Also:
The following transactions are excluded from this offer: PayPal Mobile transactions, payments using the PayPal Plug-In (formerly named: Virtual Debit Card) service, PayPal ATM/Debit Card payments, payments made when you are not logged into your PayPal account, and PayPal Plus Credit Card/ eBay MasterCard payments not made through your PayPal account. If the payment is refunded or cancelled at any time, you are not eligible for the promotion. If the payment is refunded after you receive the cash back, PayPal will deduct the cash back amount from your account.

Finally, you *could* preorder games, as long as you will be billed before January 10th. If you are billed afterwards it won't count.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']No Console Restrictions?[/quote]
I was thinking of trying it on a PS3 bundle, but there is a $50.00 limit on how much you can get back. 20% of $400 is > $50.

[quote name='mguiddy']This would go good with a TRU B2G1 free.[/QUOTE]

Where is this deal? I can't seem to find it...

You guys should consider the maximum savings:

$50 = x(.2)

x = $250

Therefore, the maximum you should spend to get the most out of this deal is $250.

Bit on the Zelda DS bundle through Newegg. Should be 133 after shipping and the cash back. I was gonna go through Etoys since it was slightly cheaper, but when I went through Paypal, the promo showed up as being entered through some contest. Newegg showed the cashback promo at the Paypal screen. Plus, there's three day shipping with Newegg so I should have it very soon.
After I Ebay my Lite white model and Zelda (I already own Phantom Hourglass) I should actually break even. Pretty nice for upgrading to a bitchin' DS.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Bit on the Zelda DS bundle through Newegg. Should be 133 after shipping and the cash back. I was gonna go through Etoys since it was slightly cheaper, but when I went through Paypal, the promo showed up as being entered through some contest. Newegg showed the cashback promo at the Paypal screen. Plus, there's three day shipping with Newegg so I should have it very soon.
After I Ebay my Lite white model and Zelda (I already own Phantom Hourglass) I should actually break even. Pretty nice for upgrading to a bitchin' DS.[/quote]

Actually, I wouldn't suggest going for the DS now. There is a newer version of the DS that will be shipping out probably some time next year- bigger screens, lighter weight, but no GBA port/backwards compatiblity (You have the DS! Why would you want to play GBA games?!).

Personally, I think that that version of the DS would indeed be the best- and will probably have a few nice bundle deals itself, eventually.

[quote name='yamakiyo']Where is this deal? I can't seem to find it...[/quote] There isn't... I said it _would_ go good with one.

Newegg has Rockband for 360 and PS3 for $159.99 with free shipping. edit: PS3 is OOS. 360 is in stock though.

edit2: nevermind, the 360 just went out of stock about a minute after it told me it was in stock.

This would also be good for iPods if anybody is interested since they hardly ever get discounted. Newegg has the iPod Touch 8gb for $294, so $50 off that isn't bad.

perfect timing...i missed out on the BF micro SD deals...newegg seems to have it for around $20+ for 2gb - 20%, is that a good deal?

[quote name='yowoe']Actually, I wouldn't suggest going for the DS now. There is a newer version of the DS that will be shipping out probably some time next year- bigger screens, lighter weight, but no GBA port/backwards compatiblity (You have the DS! Why would you want to play GBA games?!).

Personally, I think that that version of the DS would indeed be the best- and will probably have a few nice bundle deals itself, eventually.[/QUOTE]
That's nothing more than a rumor. And the GBA has dozens of games that are still fun.

kinda OT, but it related to the DS. i just ordered the r4 chip, will this work with the older DS also or just the DS Lite. I still havent upgraded to the lite, stupid mistake buying into those cheap DS bundles for $100 that were falling in price months before the lite was to launch. barely play it now if at all in months, hopefully hen i get the r4 will play it more

[quote name='o_O']That's nothing more than a rumor. And the GBA has dozens of games that are still fun.[/quote]

Of course they're going to dispute the rumor - especially right before Christmas. They need to sell their inventory now. Wait until late February when more news will be coming forth.

[quote name='Tee_Ken']I was thinking of trying it on a PS3 bundle, but there is a $50.00 limit on how much you can get back. 20% of $400 is > $50.[/quote]

Just do the sonystyle offer that gets you $100 back.

Are you sure that this is for any product? For example, if you follow the link to the newegg page, you'll see that they have a list of items for sale. Notice the links are specific to this promo. This sounds a little fishy to me...I will wait to ask newegg support about this promo.

Newegg's page also has this at the bottom:
"Cash back offer valid until 11/28/2007 and while supplies last. Use of any promo code is limited to one (1) offer per order and product. Promo codes may not be applied to multiple products within the same order or to more than one (1) item of the same product."

[quote name='yowoe']Of course they're going to dispute the rumor - especially right before Christmas. They need to sell their inventory now. Wait until late February when more news will be coming forth.[/quote]Frankly parts of the rumor don't even make sense (a bigger screen is useless given that the resolution would have to remain the same), but if you think that a DS Liter is worth waiting for, more power to ya.

Too bad there's a maximum return on this or I'd hit up Dell for a new PC.

[quote name='yamakiyo']Are you sure that this is for any product? For example, if you follow the link to the newegg page, you'll see that they have a list of items for sale. Notice the links are specific to this promo. This sounds a little fishy to me...I will wait to ask newegg support about this promo.

Newegg's page also has this at the bottom:
"Cash back offer valid until 11/28/2007 and while supplies last. Use of any promo code is limited to one (1) offer per order and product. Promo codes may not be applied to multiple products within the same order or to more than one (1) item of the same product."[/quote]

All I can tell you is when you are on the actual PayPal site for payment, it shows up on the screen (the discount is mentioned). I never trust these pay later deals as a make or break, but if it is stuff I was waiting on anyway that hasn't changed much in price lately I take a shot.

[quote name='yowoe']You have the DS! Why would you want to play GBA games?![/quote]Probably because the GBA library completely destroys the DS library.

question, the max $50 is per retailer or total allowed per paypal account? i.e. can i get $50 back from TRU purchases and $50 from newegg or just $50 capped total?

[quote name='Serpentor']question, the max $50 is per retailer or total allowed per paypal account? i.e. can i get $50 back from TRU purchases and $50 from newegg or just $50 capped total?[/quote]

$50 per account, total.

FYI..

I just spoke with a NewEgg rep and they have confirmed it for all purchases.

Also, when you get to the paypal account screen you will see the promotion.

Is this deal really for everyone? The last few times PayPal has done something like this, you had to have received the promotional email and then signed up to actually get anything.

If it's wide open, awesome deal. :)

[quote name='Callandor']Good timing, I used this to get a refurb black zune from overstock for $104 after the cash back is received.[/quote]

i believe it's $90 shipped from buy.com w/o any other "deal" attached to it.

[quote name='h2dk']just grabbed a 360 from Dell (Pro bundle w/ F2 and MUA)...hopefully it is the HDMI model...[/quote]

i picked up a 360 Pro Bundle from New egg. Total $363.00, which means it will be $313.00 after rebate.

[quote name='Serpentor']i believe it's $90 shipped from buy.com w/o any other "deal" attached to it.[/QUOTE]

No, unfortunately, that was yesterday, and they went out of stock before I decided to buy one. :cry:

[quote name='rhino4evr']FYI..

I just spoke with a NewEgg rep and they have confirmed it for all purchases.

Also, when you get to the paypal account screen you will see the promotion.[/QUOTE]

The one I spoke to said the Paypal promo is for only what was listed in the email and on the promo page...

[quote name='gamer4432']The one I spoke to said the Paypal promo is for only what was listed in the email and on the promo page...[/quote]

Thats strange becuase the promo popped up just fine when I purchased through Paypal. It showed up in the Paypal billing screen.

Also the rep I spoke to confirmed it.

So would it work with a Rock Band preorder? Because when I went to go checkout (the 360 version) it only listed Credit Card, Mail Billing, and Preferred Account as payment options, no Paypal.

[quote name='gamer4432']So would it work with a Rock Band preorder? Because when I went to go checkout (the 360 version) it only listed Credit Card, Mail Billing, and Preferred Account as payment options, no Paypal.[/quote]

I guess not.

bread's done
Back