Mother 3 Screens

If it doesn't look like it'll be released here after E3, I'll be importing.

I'm still hoping that they may bring Mother 1+2 over to hype this release.

There were a good number of pure monsters. True, most of them were real life, but I'm thinking the dual-monsters might have something to do with the two twin characters.

Also, I'm probably going to have nightmares tonight from the Sharkaroo, or the Rhinocket. Batorilla might be troublesome too.

/needs more New Age Hippies....

[quote name='Blind the Thief']Sorry, I've been away! Let's make up for lost time, shall we?

HEY EVERYONE, GET PUMPED! MOTHER 3 IS COMING! LOVE IT OR DIE, MOTHER fuckERS! (get it? Mother fuckers? Oh ho ho, I'm so clever!)

...anyway, did you notice all the enemies shown are monsters, whereas most enemies in Earthbound could be found in real-life? Even more interesting is that at least half of them seem to be combinations of two real-life things...[/QUOTE]

YES. You are not ALLOWED to leave the Nintendo forum. EVER. Ahem, notice the sparky alien thing. Looks like some of the electro-type enemies in Earthbound, and that makes me happy.

[quote name='Strell']
/needs more New Age Hippies....[/QUOTE]

And some Annoying Old Party Men, and Grumpy Old Ladies (I think that's right). Don't forget Beach Bums and Overzealous Cops. Man, I need them too.

[quote name='Strell']There were a good number of pure monsters. True, most of them were real life, but I'm thinking the dual-monsters might have something to do with the two twin characters. [/QUOTE]

Also, wasn't the game, at some point, called "Mother 3: The Forest of Chimera"? That would make sense, then.

I'm still holding a candle for Mother 1+2 for a stateside release. The GBA's release schedule is thin, RPGs have typically sold pretty well, I think this is a good time for Mother 1+2 and then 3 coming out later this year.

Please, please, please, Nintendo.... You brought Tales of Phantasia and it's hideous box art. You took a gamble with Advance Wars and Fire Emblem, both of which were quite successful here--with the rabid cult following EarthBound has gathered, this should be a no-brainer. Throw a few advertising dollars behind it, and there's no reason you won't have a hot seller. You bastards.

[quote name='defiance_17']Please, please, please, Nintendo.... You brought Tales of Phantasia and it's hideous box art. You took a gamble with Advance Wars and Fire Emblem, both of which were quite successful here--with the rabid cult following EarthBound has gathered, this should be a no-brainer. Throw a few advertising dollars behind it, and there's no reason you won't have a hot seller. You bastards.[/QUOTE]

I'm almost positive they're holding back Mother 1+2 to release and stir up interest in Mother 3 before they bring that over...wait for E3, hopefully all will be revealed then.

[quote name='Blind the Thief']I'm almost positive they're holding back Mother 1+2 to release and stir up interest in Mother 3 before they bring that over...wait for E3, hopefully all will be revealed then.[/QUOTE]

I agree, but I'm keeping myself from getting too excited. It's also possible they'll just bring Mother 3 to wow us all, and then smack the new fans with the 1 + 2 package (like SquareEnix was supposedly going to do with DQVIII and DQV...), but who knows. I do like the gambles Nintendo has been taking as of late, however. They're finally starting to realize us U.S. gamers actually do appreciate a little innovation here and there.

[quote name='Strell']It makes me want to cry how good this game looks, thinking I'll never be able to enjoy it.[/QUOTE]

I swear to christ, if Nintendo doesn't bring it over here I'll play the Bound-to-be-translated ROM.

..YOU HEAR THAT IWATA?! I'LL DO IT! =(

AVAST! HOIST UP THE MAINS THAR, YE LUBBAR.

IT BE ROM LOOTIN' AHOY! EMULATORIN' BOOTY FOR YE ALL!

Arrrrrrrrrrr!

[quote name='Strell']AVAST! HOIST UP THE MAINS THAR, YE LUBBAR.

IT BE ROM LOOTIN' AHOY! EMULATORIN' BOOTY FOR YE ALL!

Arrrrrrrrrrr![/QUOTE]

Heh, it sounds like you're a pirate, which is ironic, because you're talking about - oh, I get it.

[quote name='cochesecochese']So...the folks at Starmen.net put up a translated version of the commercial running in Japan right now. Damn shame it hasn't been announced yet over here.[/QUOTE]

They need to take out all this crap about "Heartrending" and slap in some dick/fart jokes. YOU HEAR ME ITOI?

[quote name='cochesecochese']So...the folks at Starmen.net put up a translated version of the commercial running in Japan right now. Damn shame it hasn't been announced yet over here.[/QUOTE]

That sucked. I want my money back and my wang erect.

I love the fact that at the end of the commercial, there's a screen showing FIVE systems you can play this on.

But ya, crappy commercials. No gameplay. :(

HOW I WANT THIS GAME.

Here's hoping that they will at least announce it at E3. But I don't even know if there's even a GBA section in Nintendo's booth anymore.

[quote name='Shayde']Is there even a translated version of GBA Mother 1 & 2 yet?
I'd kill to play it on the Micro....:drool:[/QUOTE]

Not sure, but I know there are translated ROMs of both Mother and Mother 2/Earthbound, so...that's all you really need, right?

[quote name='Strell']So roughly 9/9/9/8.

What did the original (Earthbound) get?[/QUOTE]

They couldn't score it. The original Famitsu staff was killed when they tried turning on the SNES that they were using to review Mother 2. No one know what happened, but the bodies were found with blissfull grins and throbbing erections. The editorial staff thought it best to leave the game unreviewed.

[quote name='Blind the Thief']Any idea on what they SAID?[/QUOTE]

No, I can't read them types o' squiggles. =(
I can, however, assume there were many comments about the game's superiority to most classical literature and artwork. Additionally I'm sure someone offered to give Itoi a hummer.

3 days left until Japan-Land release.

Reality's Fringe said:
No, I can't read them types o' squiggles. =(
I can, however, assume there were many comments about the game's superiority to most classical literature and artwork. Additionally I'm sure someone offered to give Itoi a hummer.

3 days left until Japan-Land release.

I'm pretty sure they talked about massive boners as well...I mean, it only seems natural.

Holy shit. Mother 3 comes out in 2 days and 9 hours.

Surely the rest of you can appreciate the gravity of this impending event?

This is the end of a decade of waiting. Oh my god oh my god. I can't believe it. Mother 3 is actually coming out. AAAAAAHHHHHHHH.

[quote name='Blind the Thief']Not for (most) of us.

*SIGH*[/QUOTE]
You have a point. I guess I should point out that I won't be able to understand it, but at least I'll be able to play it.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']You have a point. I guess I should point out that I won't be able to understand it, but at least I'll be able to play it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was tempted by that option, but ultimately decided it would be best not to...more than any other genre, I honestly don't see myself enjoying an RPG, even this one, if I can't understand it.

The final present is a letter from Itoi:

Last of All, a Letter from Shigesato Itoi

Mother 3 is a playground with plenty of room for your imagination to run free. T he more you think about it, the greater MOTHER 3 will become. The more you feel it, the deeper it’ll become. The more fun you have, the more you’ll grow.

April 2006
Shigesato Itoi

Either this game rocks, or this guy's fucking loony. Is anyone here importing?

How in the hell did I miss the Mother OST on that site?

Is knowing that I have lost my job enough to overcome the fact that I desperately want to buy it?

Hmmm.....

As for Mother 3, where is the online petition. There has to be one somewhere....and it's better than nothing.

itoiphoto.jpg

This man does not care =(

[quote name='Blind the Thief']Dammit, I just changed my avatar...but this might be too good of a picture to slap a Hot Mario 'stache on to ignore.[/QUOTE]

Do you like it? *twirls around*

Tsk, tsk, this thread was pushed half way down the second page! We can't have that!

So, to drum up some interest again, how about we look at the top-selling game sales charts in Japan for the week ending April 23rd, 2006, hm?

1. GBA MOTHER 3 205,914
2. PS2 DQ Yangus 127,502
3. PS2 FFXI Aht Urhgan expansion 75,983
4. DS More Brain Training 70,831(1,957,633)
5. PSP Dragonball Z 70,559
6. PS2 Okami 60,161
7. DS Brain Training 48,493 (1,977,999)
8. DS Animal Crossing 42,994 (2,505,056)
9. DS Eigo zuke 39,757 (886,471)
10. DS Pokemon Ranger 31,640 (390,641)

I feel bad for Yangus and Okami, but dizz-am. This is especially impressive, considering the game sold this much in just three days (as it came out part of the way through that week).

God dammit, NOA...release this thing already!

Reality's Fringe;1860080]My Hot Mario sense says they will address this at E3 said:
my Hot Mario sense is tingling too.

BJ

I'm not sure if following that particular line with "BJ" was such a good idea. :lol:

bread's done
Back