Motherboard backordered for over a month

saadman

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I ordered some new computer parts from TigerDirect. I got an amazing deal on an XFX Motherboard for $54 (regular $150) + $15 mail in rebate.......that was on November 30th. It was back ordered the day after I ordered it. I have been calling for a month now to see when it will be in stock. I have gotten 4 different dates from them which all have been false. I have been told (yet again) the shipment should be in on the 8th. Not going to hold my breath.

Am I entitled to anything here? My rebate already expired a few days ago. Could I be entitled to an equivalent motherboard at the same price or something at all? They won't budge because I got such a good deal, but this is beyond ridiculous.

Take a refund and write it off. You'll be able to flat out buy the same/similar mobo for that price by the time it's in stock.

I'm confused as to why you think you might be entitled for anything when you haven't been charged any money, and you ordered the product when it was on back order, knowing it might take days, weeks, or even months to come in.

[quote name='mtxbass1']you ordered the product when it was on back order, knowing it might take days, weeks, or even months to come in.[/quote]
He said it was back ordered the day after he ordered it.

[quote name='lmz00']He said it was back ordered the day after he ordered it.[/QUOTE]

And he got four false dates.

If a motherboard is ever backordered chances are it was discontinued. Cancel your order and buy a newer motherboard. Motherboards have very short shelf lives. They would have got the mobo in stock by now if it really was simply backordered.

I don't like TigerDirect. You can complain and maybe get a coupon or something, I dunno how they work, but you should probably just cancel it.

Sry to hear about your problem. I would be just as furious as you are. I've only purchased my computer components from Newegg, and i haven't had a problem yet. But i understand that the deal was just too good to pass up, i would ask Tiger if you can just get a different board.

I doubt they care your are angry, they know you are getting a good deal and they aren't making much (if any) money from you. So that's why you have little chance to get anything from them.

Also they might see you as a person who only buys stuff on mega sale so if they lose you as a customer again they don't care.

I say cut your losses (you haven't really lost anything) and buy another mobo. How much is your time worth to put up with this?

bread's done
Back