Motion sickness, anyone else?

gokou36

CAGiversary!
Played Half Life 2 for like 5mins and this happens to me, yet when I play counter strike condition zero for hours, nothing happens. Why would one game give me motion sickness and not the other when both are FPS?

i dont know but Brothers in Arms on XB makes my head/eyes hurt if i play for more than an hour. Halo does the same but it takes a long time. If you are playing on a flat panel monitor that may be a problem.

I get motion sickness while playing single player mode in HL2, Doom 3, CoD, and many 'faster' paced FPS as well; but oddly I can play multiplayer mode for any FPS for hours and hours. I think for me, the motion sickness kicks in when I have to do pathfindings... as in trying to find my way out of a map or find a key. I've been getting the same motion sickness in single player FPS as far back as Wolfenstein and Doom. But I enjoyed the multiplayer DM in Doom very much without any headache. However, I don't get these kind of sickness when playing 'slower' FPS like Thief or NOLF. Weird.

lol, motion sickness. I used to get really really sick from fps, but I played them anyway cuz they were kinda fun.

hl being the worst
then tfc
then cs

Cs is pretty much what made me suck it up and enter the fps gaming world.

but ya, I hate it when the map has narrow paths and lots of corners.

and I hate anti lan hack servers that only allow first person spectating.

I get dizzy of those too.

[quote name='abcme']
and I hate anti lan hack servers that only allow first person spectating.

I get dizzy of those too.[/QUOTE]

lol those are the worst. Because at the end theres always some guy who jerks the mouse so much you just wanted to turn off the monitor until you hear him die.

I get really sick when I play some FPS. Halo, never had a problem. Goldeneye: RA...Half Life...Soldier of Fortune, I was puke city.

Having never gotten motion sickness from a game, my only suggestion is taking a break, but if you're only playing for five minutes, that's kinna dumb.

I have contacts that I rarely take out, and whenever I play games all night at Lock-Ins, they can really screw up. It's a pain. Shaq-fu contacts, I want eye surgery.

bread's done
Back