Motor City Machine Guns/Beer Money 2010 tag team feud of the year wrestling topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Scorch']Raw's in Nashville.. we're under five inches of snow with more coming tonight.. no way I'll risk trying to go to the show.[/QUOTE]

But you will miss the EPIC return of John Cena as he... does the same shit he does every week....

Yeah screw it. Stay home.

[quote name='neocisco']I was wondering if you got hit by the same front I'm buried under. I hope you at least go sledding.[/QUOTE]

It's a bunch of flat land around here, sadly. If we do get hit with another round, I will venture out in search of a hill. Where are you at?

But you will miss the EPIC return of John Cena as he... does the same shit he does every week....

Yeah screw it. Stay home.

It's always fun going to an event, even if it is mostly Cena hulking out. I would like to see Miz wrestle as the champ live, though.

I wonder if a lot of people will show up .. what am I saying?! Of course it'll be packed.

The undercard was decent for a few matches, namely the opener, Ray-Devon as a pure brawl, and the Guns-Beer Money, then Abyss's match happened and yeah, there went that. Abyss wins another title, but at least this time it was via pinfall and not DQ. I'm assuming RVD will now face him for the TV title since he carved him up, but he now has to worry about Matt Hardy, who debuted and beat him. RVD's current push sure does involve him doing a lot of jobs. Angle-Jarrett was just weird. Jarrett's pre-match promo was good heel stuff, but Angle's was pilled-up goofiness, and the match itself was just all wrong. They spend a month building up Jarrett as a bullshit artist, which SHOULD lead to someone he's wronged, either Angle or Joe, to come in, kick his ass in a minute, and expose him as a complete fraud. Well, since Joe's too busy stalking people, Angle drew the straw and the blade, and lost. Big return, and he lost. HE HASN'T DONE A MATCH IN TNA IN THREE MONTHS AND HE LOST HIS RETURN MATCH. Sure, Jarrett needed the help of his goon squad and some sort of liquid to win, but good God was this just the complete opposite of what it needed to be.

Anderson-Morgan was boring, like 99% of all other Morgan matches, and Anderson-Hardy was just stupid to give away here. It would be one thing if they advertised that the no. 1 contender would have his match tonight - that's fine, but they did NOTHING.

They didn't even say Hardy would be on the show. So he comes out, does his usual TNA match, and approximately five million people ran-in, so Anderson couldn't even get the spotlight on his first world title win. And he gets to either hold Hardy's diva title or steal the belt from the other blonde, brain-damaged guy in the company. The show really underdelivered as a card, ESPECIALLY when on the go-home show, Bischoff says it'll be full of five star matches. However, it did debut Matt Hardy's new entrance video, which consists of stuff forming...some symbol, maybe a scar AND best of all, a giant "Add as Friend" logo.

You must be THIS emo to...

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mykevermin']Bought my front row ticket to the NJPW show today.[/QUOTE]

Nice!

Which of the three shows are you going to attend?

All I know is that Devitt's visiting the U.S. and I'm going to miss it. :whistle2:( Those shows are going to be great.

Random pics:
35634_1262650663159_1736516165_496442_4196525_n.jpg

altered_dave.gif

b7xlx0.jpg

ec3c5cf27me.jpg

backshow29ajlz3cg8.jpg

tumblr_lc8xbfqYJ21qbqt8go1_400.jpg

davidotunga.jpg

vphwnp.jpg

10807301nh3.jpg

17915939459240184654.jpg

61579941831071328615.jpg

129177333938087708.jpg

Yeah, I'm really digging the new Zeus-inspired CM Punk logo. I haven't ever bought a WWE tee shirt, but that soon may change.

[quote name='Scorch']It's a bunch of flat land around here, sadly. If we do get hit with another round, I will venture out in search of a hill. Where are you at?[/QUOTE]

Atlanta. Pretty much the entire Southeast is covered in snow at this point.

[quote name='Demolition Man']5 inches of show is nothing. Go and have fun.[/QUOTE]

It is in the South. Atlanta was shut down today and will be tomorrow.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']
7B47I.jpg

If there was ever a Nexus shirt to purchase...[/QUOTE]

With the right coupon code I might actually buy that (as long as there isn't a visible WWE logo on it...which there probably is. :headache:).

Looks like an evil Flash logo.

[quote name='Chase']Nice!

Which of the three shows are you going to attend?

All I know is that Devitt's visiting the U.S. and I'm going to miss it. :whistle2:( Those shows are going to be great.[/QUOTE]

Philly. I feel a little corny about buying the front row ticket, but it comes w/ a meet and greet and complimentary (Milton Friedman disagrees) DVD. The most I've spent on a ticket to anything since I spent $65 to see the Pogues (with returning Shane MacGowan) play in Chicago in 2006 or 7.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']If there was ever a Nexus shirt to purchase...[/QUOTE]

I'm a little disappointed, as it's nothing really new. Kinda job that took 20 minutes to design. If you like it, though, bully for you.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']
7B47I.jpg

If there was ever a Nexus shirt to purchase...[/QUOTE]

My God....It's...It's beautiful...

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='masked lemon']Random pics:
altered_dave.gif

davidotunga.jpg
[/QUOTE]

And that's why Otunga should have NEVER been a damn heel!

I know a guy who looks just like Otunga. Played football with me and all. Dude would try to get mad and everyone would laugh because it looked so unnatural.

And it wasn't because wasn't a nasty person...he could hit you on the field so hard you'll want to stay on the ground!

It's because you knew he was "soft". And not "soft" as in sissy....but "soft" as in being a mean spirited person wasn't his style.

Otunga should have just came in as a baby face. Or, at least be a baby face heel. As the guy in Nexus who is strong and smart....but this isn't his life. And you as a fan know and kinda anticipate him one day just going "fuck this, i can't do it anymore!"

Instead, we got Otunga....the short "I'm running this!" wrestler who is constantly undermined and speaks like he took acting classes. So fake.

WWE dropped the ball on his character....and can easily pick up the fumble by just turning him face. I could stomach it. I'm sure we all could....

And where the fuck did that gif come from?!?!?!

[quote name='mykevermin']Philly. I feel a little corny about buying the front row ticket, but it comes w/ a meet and greet and complimentary (Milton Friedman disagrees) DVD. The most I've spent on a ticket to anything since I spent $65 to see the Pogues (with returning Shane MacGowan) play in Chicago in 2006 or 7.

---

I'm a little disappointed, as it's nothing really new. Kinda job that took 20 minutes to design. If you like it, though, bully for you.[/QUOTE]

That is going to be one-heck-of-a-show. I hope the atmosphere complements the talent. To hear the crowd erupt in a good-ol'-Murrcan fashion during Devitt's match would be quite incredible. I love Japan; have visited it a few times, but it would be nice to see good-ol'-crazy Murrcan fans cheer their asses off for some of New Japan's talent.

I dig the Zeus-inspired CM Punk logo design. Outside of Ultimate Warrior (shirt and wristbands), Bret Hart (sunglasses and shirt), and Legion of Doom (foam shoulder spikes, shirt, and hat) apparel my father bought for me when I was a kid, as an adult, I have yet to buy any WWE apparel. Some of the designs are just gaudy—and god-damn ugly. :whistle2:#

But! In recent years, their designs have significantly improved. This new CM Punk design is definitely one of my favorites. It's actually 'public-worthy.' ;)

It seems they have also gotten rid of that awful "WWE Authentic" patch near the bottom of every shirt for the past few years.

I'm so bummed that I'm not in Nashville right now. It's a valid excuse, being buried under nearly half a foot of snow, but I so rarely miss WWE when they come through town. I'd also love to drive around to some bars afterwards and see if any of the guys are there hanging out.

Speaking of being buried, way to bury the tag team division in the opening of Raw..

[quote name='diddy310']It seems they have also gotten rid of that awful "WWE Authentic" patch near the bottom of every shirt for the past few years.[/QUOTE]

Or they simply haven't fully finished the shirt yet and are using test versions for tonight's show.

[quote name='Demolition Man']Or they simply haven't fully finished the shirt yet and are using test versions for tonight's show.[/QUOTE]

The pre-Nexus version of it doesn't seem to have it either.

[quote name='Survivalism']What's the over/under on Wade Barrett forming a third, all-black Nexus on Smackdown?[/QUOTE]
I got Wade with Skip, Tarver, Percy, and the black guy who was garbage on the mic....

AND LUCKY fuckIN' CANNON!!!!!

*To note....what just happened was a gang initiation. That's why I never joined one. I never wanted to get my ass whooped just to have protection....and not really be protected...

Glad to see the site is back up.

The Del Rio segment was terrible. Just.. terrible.

Cole's segment wasn't much better.

What the crap at the initiation thing.. not very TV-PG, but whatever, I guess. I'm not so upset about missing the event anymore. Good to hear Lawler agreed about the segment!

[quote name='diddy310']The pre-Nexus version of it doesn't seem to have it either.[/QUOTE]

It does. I ordered it the day it was released and it came with it

Damn, was hoping they dropped that.

Speaking of which, it looks like they dropped Tyson's bodyguard...still think that may end up being Kong's role.

[quote name='Undertaker4eber']It does. I ordered it the day it was released and it came with it[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure that nearly every non-reprint shirt comes with that patch now.

Raw started off promising

But these past 40 mins....damn WWE! All this damn talking!!!!

Nexus should have had to prove themselves by winning matches....not gang beatdowns

[quote name='Scorch']Del Rio and Big Show on Raw tonight.. I'm thinking some Raw stars couldn't make it to Nashville tonight.[/QUOTE]

It's a hell of a lot better than Vince sitting in the corner of the ring pouting for 20 minutes at the start of the show.

Dont think it was cause of the weather

Del Rio was on Raw last week also and I heard that they're trying to loosen up on the rule of stars being exclusive to one brand.

WWE: "Just say no to gang initiation....but of course, don't also try this at home *wink*"

It's supposed to be WCW-related, if they go with that then I can't see it being Shawn Michaels. Or even if it's not I think it's way too soon to induct him.

[quote name='crr_1119']it's supposed to be wcw-related, if they go with that then i can't see it being shawn michaels. Or even if it's not i think it's way too soon to induct him.[/quote]

:p

[quote name='TheRock88']:p[/QUOTE]

Ha, I'll go ahead and stick my foot in my mouth. :p

Nice to see him in since he obviously deserves it, but it's a bit too soon imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back