Motor Storm 2 $28.30 Shipped at Play Asia!!

All PS3 games are region free, so it'll work.

It's just a matter of if it will be in english or not. Then again, I guess a game like this doesn't really require that much reading.

The information section of the page you linked says it's in English:

"Language : English
Genre :Racing
Version : Asia"

Genre: Race
Voice: English
Subtitle: English
Manual: english
Operation sheet: Chinese

I found that also, but now I am wondering will this connect online with Asia region or worldwide.

[quote name='pun123']

I found that also, but now I am wondering will this connect online with Asia region or worldwide.[/QUOTE]

Also curious about this. Anyone know the status of online play.

For those wondering about online play, you can play with people from all over the world.

It gives you the option to play with people from certain regions (it breaks it down to about four regions), or you can play with people from everywhere. It really shouldn't matter. I believe the default is to play with people from all over the world.

Will the fact that it's not the US version cause problems with pending future DLC possibly not being compatible? Does anyone have experince with games of another region with respect with DLC for the US?

I still don't know if it's worth the $11 difference vs the US version at Target next week. That's getting to be a tough call...

[quote name='meta460085']Will the fact that it's not the US version cause problems with pending future DLC possibly not being compatible? Does anyone have experince with games of another region with respect with DLC for the US?[/quote]

No. It wont have any compatibility issues. The game is compatible across borders, what determines DLC is you. If you have access to the US store, all material will be compatible with your version. Its a region free game!

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']I loved the first one.. for $30 bucks might as well get the second one..[/quote]

How'd you know I live in my parents basement, LoL, J/K.

[quote name='archibishopthedoge']No. It wont have any compatibility issues. The game is compatible across borders, what determines DLC is you. If you have access to the US store, all material will be compatible with your version. Its a region free game![/quote]

Thnx! In for one.

I am trying to buy the game but after adding the game and clicking "checkout" i always get "There are currently no items in your Shopping Cart"
Anybody else with this issue?

Also thanks for posting the deal.

So apparently the asian version is calld Motorstorm 2 and not Motorstorm: Pacific Rift. That's enough to turn me away... although I bought the first one when it came out and barely played it, so that'll teach me.

EDIT: can't buy it, saying it's not in cart. Hmm...

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='archibishopthedoge']No. It wont have any compatibility issues. The game is compatible across borders, what determines DLC is you. If you have access to the US store, all material will be compatible with your version. Its a region free game![/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure dlc is region-specific, actually. At the very least, I know that people couldn't unlock the hidden info in the MGS Database if they had a different region save from the Database download. Maybe that's a specific case.

But I'd be weary, at least about dlc.

[quote name='SDC']I'm pretty sure dlc is region-specific, actually. At the very least, I know that people couldn't unlock the hidden info in the MGS Database if they had a different region save from the Database download. Maybe that's a specific case.

But I'd be weary, at least about dlc.[/quote]

Wait so where do we stand on this. Will US DLC work or not?

Meta4ik.png

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='meta460085']Wait so where do we stand on this. Will US DLC work or not?[/quote]

Games are Region-free, but DLC is region Locked.

you can get the DLC from a Japanese or Asian account. However you would need to get Japanese or Asian PSN points to buy stuff.

[quote name='Apathetic-Irony']My cart keeps emptying when I proceed to checkout. Does ANYBODY know what is wrong and/or how to actually buy the game?[/QUOTE]

it was doing that to me too but I returned after about 1 hour and now it works
hmm not sure if I want it without DLC though...

Are the load times improved on this one? The first one loaded so slowly that I basically wound up shelving it.

i came here specifically looking for a deal on this game. target is going to have this on sale for 39.99 on the 28th i believe. the extra 10 is worth it for the US version IMO

[quote name='sengar']Are the load times improved on this one? The first one loaded so slowly that I basically wound up shelving it.[/quote]
So far, everything in the game so far is better than the first one. I got it from amazon for $30 and I've been really happy with it.

I feel like the first one being packed in with the original 80 gig bundle probably watered down the experience for most people. The loading time in the first one was a HUGE downfall. But as Ginchy said, Pacific Rim has improved just about everything in the first one. Loading times are on par for any disc based game this gen. If you liked the gameplay/concept at all from the first one, you will enjoy this version.

I also have to pimp out CAG night (Tuesdays at 9pm EST) for Motorstorm since it's started out slow. We had as many as 5 CAG members together for races this past week and we're hoping for more after the holiday.

bread's done
Back