Motorola NFL Head Coach Headset (Xbox 360 & PS2) $29 shipped at Amazon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't recommend against this headset enough. The headset itself is fine, and a vast improvement over the proprietary X360 wired headset, however, the connector to the controller is horrible. It's comfortable and clear, the mic is solid, but again the connector is just absolutely abysmal. After a months worth of use you'll spend more time fighting the connector than you will enjoying the headset. I highly recommend putting your $30 towards a real gaming headset.

Edit: I also had issues with battery drain. My battery was never reflected correctly in X360 menus, and the controller continually flashed. Generally the battery life wasn't much worse than normal, but it was worse and incredibly frustrating.

It's good if you have a small head, this thing would hurt like hell after 30 minutes if use. I ended up giving it to a small headed friend.

[quote name='Brother Daz'] I ended up giving it to a small headed friend.[/QUOTE]

I got the mental image of someone with A tiny pin head and LOLed

if these are the same headphones I bought on Woot a few years ago they are shit. They look exactly the same so I'd say avoid.

Does this headset support this
ryangif.gif

[quote name='n8rockerasu']My favorite thing about when stuff like this happens is watching people comment on the thread as though it is new. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Exactly what I was just thinking :dunce: :lol:

sometimes buy.com will have this for $10! It's a really good headset but it really hurts your head. My friends and I bought them when they were on sale at buy.com and after using them for a week we put them away cause they hurt so much lol. I guess that's why you always see coaches wear hats while using the headset lol.

I actually got one of these 3-4 years ago from Hasting's BF sale; I believe they were $5. Sat in the packaging in my office forever, then I gifted them to a friend this past fall. He's been enjoying them, for whatever that's worth...

lol it's always funny to see old threads like this resurrected. Why can't we get a lock on threads with no new posts over a few months old? I guess there might not be an automated way of doing that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back