Motorola X205 Xbox 360 Gaming Headset $7.99

I bought one of these a long while ago for 5+S&H (ended up to be 10 total). They're great but just make sure you loosen them by putting books inbetween them for awhile... feels like a headcrab otherwise. >.>;

LOL that's not cool! I really can't stand the regular ones though so I'm willing to give these a shot!

Mine recently broke and I got one of the behind the ear ones that is uncomfortable. Does this one work as well as the standard? For eight bucks that's really all I'm going for.

i have em

but they dont seem to work anymore. i think its the cable's fault and i had to slightly tingle it to adjust it...you know...good ol NES controller style.

Technically they should cover your ear, unless you are an elf or an ogre or a troll. but yeah they were pretty good now they barely work for me
:(

I have these as well they are pretty good for the price. And as an added bonus you can use the mic cable for turtle beaches. the only problem is that they engulf one of your ears making it hard to have "situational awareness"

I bought these off of woot about a month ago and have had no problems. But MogKnight is 100% right about it smashing your head after long periods of play. For this price I'd say it is well worth picking up if your needing a headset on the cheap.

The band inside is a metal strip that is bendable. I was able to stretch my headset to be flat to loosen it up some. Now it fits fine. Just go slow.

The cable on these is real week sauce, once the tip breaks it's a paper weight since cable is impossible to find.

This was already posted and most people said these are bad including myself. I suggest people checking the old threads these are total junk. If you want low quality and break easy stuff go for it. To many sites trying to sell these dirt cheap and cheaper then this so not a deal in my eyes. Spend a few bucks more for MS wired headset with mini keyboard.

I know they aren't as cheap but I'd suggest the Plantronics headset for $15 (FSS) here. They'll cost you less in the long run. I've had mine for over 2 years now and I treat them like shit at times. I've yanked out the mic on accident dozens of times and they still work like new, they are comfortable too.

Man. Now you guys got me scared. Well if these don't work out I suppose I will bite on the Plantronics one in the future.

I ordered 2 of these when woot.com had the deal going. Neither one worked. On the rare occasion when I actually managed to get sound through the headphones it was static filled and you could barely hear voices. Otherwise is was completely silent and didn't work at all.

I thought maybe it was a bad batch from woot, so I ordered a set off buy.com to see if they were any better. Nope, still suck. Don't buy these.

I feel sorry for the people that keep buying these when they keep popping up on cag. The return postage is what you will be paying for these almost. If you google you will find these are so bad nobody buys them and if they do they regret it. If they work they sound so bad and you WILL lose friends on your friends list from the annoying quality of these. I had to remove some people that bought these and kept telling me it was my turtle beach which is just a joke.

I recently bought this, it's not bad so far. The big difference between this and the MS one is it's really loud comparatively, and it seems harder to get to the sweet spot volume where you can hear your friends fine but you don't get any static coming through. Other than that, no kinks on my headset.

[quote name='Moses144']I recently bought this, it's not bad so far. The big difference between this and the MS one is it's really loud comparatively, and it seems harder to get to the sweet spot volume where you can hear your friends fine but you don't get any static coming through. Other than that, no kinks on my headset.[/QUOTE]

You got to hit the sweet spot so your friends do not keep hearing static from you to. The most of the time they hear static but you can not tell on your end. That is when people start to mute you then sooner or later have enough and delete you from there list. This is just a warning cause the public mic games you will get kicked often and bad ratings. To bad the rating system on there is a joke.

[quote name='Wedgie']I ordered 2 of these when woot.com had the deal going. Neither one worked. On the rare occasion when I actually managed to get sound through the headphones it was static filled and you could barely hear voices. Otherwise is was completely silent and didn't work at all.

I thought maybe it was a bad batch from woot, so I ordered a set off buy.com to see if they were any better. Nope, still suck. Don't buy these.[/QUOTE]

Do you have the cord plugged in the correct way or pushed in all the way? I had static until I realized that the cord in the earpiece wasn't pushed in all the way. Now it works just fine. Also, the ferrite core end is the end that has to be plugged into the silver volume piece that plugs into the controller.

bread's done
Back