Motorstorm $19.99 USED at Gamestop B&M 2/8-2/14

don't see anything in the link?

*EDIT

Found it. Had to click "Weekly ad" top center. Don't know why Gamestop doesn't want you to have a direct link.

*EDIT 2

thanks to my $2 Edge card and a local coupon, still haven't spent over $15 on a PS3 game

100_2374.jpg

Many thanks, bgfolio

Ugh. It's in the weekly ad. link is on the top left of the page. For some reason it reverts back to the home page.

[quote name='chakan']don't see anything in the link?

*EDIT

Found it. Had to click "Weekly ad" top center. Don't know why Gamestop doesn't want you to have a direct link.

Thanks OP[/quote]

Yeah. I tried editing the link a couple times but it won't let me directly link to the page. Sorry about that. Good deal though!

This seems like a great deal...can anyone chime in with opinions of the game? Are there still lots of people playing online? Also, is any of the DLC worth buying?

[quote name='acey']This seems like a great deal...can anyone chime in with opinions of the game? Are there still lots of people playing online? Also, is any of the DLC worth buying?[/quote]

I played the demo and had a blast. Fun as hell. I plan on picking this up tonight. Can't go wrong for $20.

The great thing is is that most of the copies are from the Motorstorm pack, so the copies are like new in my experience. People just take the copy of Motorstorm out of the box and trade it immediately.

very good deal, great game, and now there is more DLC.

UPDATE, Went by EB at lunch.

PS3
Motorstorm-49.99
19.99-10%(CPN) -10% EDGE = 16.49

PGR4 -39.99
34.99-25%(CPN)-10% EDGE=22.74

TOTAL=39.23 no tax used credit from EDGE, sweet deal thnx guys

Thanks OP. This game made me almost upgrade to an 80GB instead of the 60GB I finally scored. Will be stopping by GS tonight.

Thanks OP. Stopped by my Gamestop and got the last copy. I was surprised that they didn't have tons of copies since it is bundled with the 80GB.

10% coupon does not stack for motorstorm since its already a promotion.
But the good news is edge card takes 10% off on original price of $35 so you get the game for $16.49 + tax. Sounds like a glitch to me
Great deal anyways

They had two copies left at the GS in Stevenson Ranch. One with the 'not for resale' boxart and another without.

Snagged the one without. Thanks, OP.

Got the last one at Westwood, CA. Unfortunately in the "not for resale" box, and the disc looks a bit beat up, but mostly dusty. I'm hoping I can clean it and it'll work ok. I've had bad luck with used games but I am hoping Bluray's scratch proofing will help. The guy tried to charge me the $34.99 for it but I kept insisting it was $19.99 in the newsletter (which I had just received in email about 30 seconds before I left)... finally he found the magical button to push and suddenly says "Oh, yeah, that'll be $21 [whatever, after tax]". Weird.

[quote name='Justin42']Got the last one at Westwood, CA. Unfortunately in the "not for resale" box, and the disc looks a bit beat up, but mostly dusty. I'm hoping I can clean it and it'll work ok. I've had bad luck with used games but I am hoping Bluray's scratch proofing will help. The guy tried to charge me the $34.99 for it but I kept insisting it was $19.99 in the newsletter (which I had just received in email about 30 seconds before I left)... finally he found the magical button to push and suddenly says "Oh, yeah, that'll be $21 [whatever, after tax]". Weird.[/QUOTE]

yeah..mine didn't update the price from 34.99 until the guy got to the payment options.

Went to both the EB and GS in my mall and ended up buying the one at EB because it was the original case. I did however get the "Not For Resale", but that is cool because the disc looks brand new. Also when the game rang up the cashier thought there was something wrong and I informed him it was on sale this week. I've played about 30 min. and am enjoying the game. The elements actually add to the strategy, which is a nice twist. I like all the various routes you can take and how the mud alters your speed. Thanks again OP.:D

I snagged one tonight in Mansfield, MA. If anyone is around here, they have a ton of them at the GS in Mansfield. Most of them are the not for resale copies, but there are a few originals left.

Decided to pick up a 2nd copy for my other PS3, so I can lan play in the house.
16.49 is a great price for this game.

Does anyone know what to tell the gamestop employee to get the 19.99 price?

My local gamestop had 4 copies, but they all rang up at 34.99.

I printed out the weekly online ad, showing the 19.99 price point, but they still did not give me the discount.

[quote name='Troblin']Does anyone know what to tell the gamestop employee to get the 19.99 price?

My local gamestop had 4 copies, but they all rang up at 34.99.

I printed out the weekly online ad, showing the 19.99 price point, but they still did not give me the discount.[/quote]

The clerk told me that it didnt show up until like the last thing he did before payment because it was treating the discount like a coupon. Not sure if maybe they just scanned it and viewed the normal price.

I'm holding out for a Greatest Hits pack with some/all of the DLC. I'm wondering if this sale is a sign that the first batch of GH games are coming out. They're already out in Japan (or confirmed at least). They have a yellow spine and the same 360 blunder of an small inset box cover photograph surrounded by a large irrelevant border.

I went to the store in Brooklyn Park, MN. They had 10+ copies on the shelf and what looked like even more behind the counter. Mine was marked $49.99 but rang up at $34.99 - $15.00 so $19.99 and $16.50 after the edge card. The edge card took the 10% off before the 15 dollar discount so it saves over 15 percent on this deal. :) great deal here.

As for those waiting for a greatest hits pack with downloadable content in it, Id advise to just buy this now. For $16.50 you can buy all the downloadable content and still be spending ~$30 dollars. I never see a greatest hits copy going below that in price (short of sales and then maybe $20). Typically the greatest hits versions don't have any downloadable content included anyway but are usually stripped down.

Thanks OP. Just picked up a PS3 and have been unsuccessfully trying to snag a cheap copy of this off ebay. Now I don't have to!

[quote name='chakan']

100_2374.jpg

[/QUOTE]

What local coupon did you use? I didn't think coupons would stack with this... ie the 10% off coupon. Anyone have any luck with the 10% coupon and Motorstorm?

My Gamestop in Denver had a ton of used Motorstorms for PS3. I traded in TMNT 360 and Arcade Unplugged 360 and got an extra $10.00 off any two 360 trade ins, I paid nothing. :D Thanks OP !

[quote name='AzN_BaLLeR']What local coupon did you use? I didn't think coupons would stack with this... ie the 10% off coupon. Anyone have any luck with the 10% coupon and Motorstorm?[/QUOTE]
Local Entertainment Book knockoff, 20% off any used game. What was cool was it took 20% of of $35!

[quote name='chakan']Local Entertainment Book knockoff, 20% off any used game. What was cool was it took 20% of of $35![/QUOTE]

O_O Was there a limit on number of games per coupon? My LA Entertainment Book doesn't have the Gamestop coupon, what area are you in?

Got my copy :)

It rang up for 34.99 but when finalizing the transaction it popped up for 19.99 :applause::bouncy:

[quote name='AzN_BaLLeR']O_O Was there a limit on number of games per coupon? My LA Entertainment Book doesn't have the Gamestop coupon, what area are you in?[/QUOTE]
Its not an Entertainment book, its like one. Called Quick saver or something. Only good for one game, book had two coupons, only good at 3 GS in my local area.

My used copy from yesterday seemed a bit glitchy (glitches during FMV sequences, etc) so I went to a different Gamestop and they had quite a few more copies. Found one that looked significantly better than my first copy so I grabbed it. They wouldn't take the 10% off from the Gamestop coupon, though, which was too bad. (I have a feeling it was payback from not falling for any of their hard sell stuff-- from the second I walked in the store and had Motorstorm in my hand they were reading off PS3 releases pushing me to pre-order. They warned me it'd be impossible to find GTA 4 if I didn't preorder today!!! uhm, okay. That's a risk I am willing to take.)

So we'll see how this one works, but combining it with anything (Except perhaps Edge) seems a bit YMMV. Or they just hated me.

[quote name='Justin42']They wouldn't take the 10% off from the Gamestop coupon, though, which was too bad. (I have a feeling it was payback from not falling for any of their hard sell stuff-

So we'll see how this one works, but combining it with anything (Except perhaps Edge) seems a bit YMMV. Or they just hated me.[/QUOTE]

The ebgames/gamestop computers can only take 2 discounts off on any one title. They technically should have been able to do the coupon with the weekly special but I believe the coupon states not good with any other offer.

got my copy (even though I don't have a PS3 yet), there are tons at Cincinnati Mills loco

I'm debating if this is even worth $20. It has great graphics, but didn't seem very deep when I rented it. Does anybody know if the DLC helps at all?

bread's done
Back