Motorstorm: Apocalypse 24.96 @ amazon

[quote name='technicalstylez']wish bb would dotd it for 5 bucks again. sold my copy and have regretted it ever since.[/QUOTE]

I brought it for 5$ as well but i flipped it towards my vita. I too regret it as im collecting all of the motorstorm games for my ps3 exclusives collection

Last edited by a moderator:
this is quite possibly the floatiest racing game ever. what am i missing that makes the rest of you enjoy it so much?

[quote name='taylort3']this is quite possibly the floatiest racing game ever. what am i missing that makes the rest of you enjoy it so much?[/QUOTE]

You're not missing anything, it's a horrible racer. I very much enjoyed the first Motorstorm and thought Pacific Rift was one of the best racers ever, at least on PS3.

Apocalypse not only feels like a chore to drive, but the CONSTANT crap coming down in front of you and throwing the track around just completely kills the ability to actually race.

I wasn't a fan of Split/Second (I actually found it pretty boring compared to Blur, which is awesome), but Motorstorm Apocalypse makes Split/Second look like Forza or GT5.

I got 2 copies from Best Buy for $5 each and promptly turned them around to Gamestop for a great profit when that sale was going on...and I haven't regretted it since.

If you need to play Motorstorm in 3D, download the 3D Rift tracks, they're great.

[quote name='taylort3']this is quite possibly the floatiest racing game ever. what am i missing that makes the rest of you enjoy it so much?[/QUOTE]

I guess you've never played the Wipeout games. The handling in Apocalypse is actually much tighter than in the previous 2 Motorstorm games. Jumping is also less floaty in Apocalypse than in the other two. Apocalypse actually reminds me more of a Burnout game. Not sure I follow what you mean.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']This is rumered to be on ps+ soon, correct?[/QUOTE]

It's a PS+ game in Europe. I'd be surprised if it didn't eventually end up free for North America too.

I'm not sure; maybe because it's Motorstorm. I sold mine 2 days after launch because I didn't think it was as polished as Pacific Rift. Also, there were a couple of races where the AI was very rubber bandy. I remember one race I did a dozen times and no matter how long I stayed in first, the same car would always pass me at the last stretch and take first. That's what made me sell it.

On the other hand, I miss it like others do. And, now that I have a Driving Force GT, I want to try it out again. $15 is my new price point on this though. I've been watching for a while and it's taking a long time to drop.

Thanks for all the reports guys, nice to hear that.
sun.jpg

moon.jpg

Summed it up PERFECTLY. I agree 100%.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']You're not missing anything, it's a horrible racer. I very much enjoyed the first Motorstorm and thought Pacific Rift was one of the best racers ever, at least on PS3.

Apocalypse not only feels like a chore to drive, but the CONSTANT crap coming down in front of you and throwing the track around just completely kills the ability to actually race.

I wasn't a fan of Split/Second (I actually found it pretty boring compared to Blur, which is awesome), but Motorstorm Apocalypse makes Split/Second look like Forza or GT5.

I got 2 copies from Best Buy for $5 each and promptly turned them around to Gamestop for a great profit when that sale was going on...and I haven't regretted it since.

If you need to play Motorstorm in 3D, download the 3D Rift tracks, they're great.[/QUOTE]

bread's done
Back