Motorstorm Apocalypse Demo Codes For Free From GameStop

GeddyThePolack

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Apparently GameStop is sending out Motorstorm Apocalypse demo codes for free. Not sure if they are sending them out to specific people, but you don't have to pre-order to get one. If anyone wants one let me know as I have two codes. The codes are good starting March 15th

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='boostedpgt']i will take one if they are not already spoken for.[/QUOTE]

Just sent it to you. I think you get them if you sign up for there newsletter or a PowerUp Rewards card.

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']dying for one! about to pre order but was hoping they were having a demo first...[/QUOTE]

Just sent you a code and I'm all out now. Everyone just sign up for the newsletter and you should get one.

[quote name='GeddyThePolack']Just sent you a code and I'm all out now. Everyone just sign up for the newsletter and you should get one.[/QUOTE]

What newsletter?

WTF!?!? This is complete BS! I'm a powerup member and those scums sent me nothing. THis is completely unacceptable. F Gamestop. F that whole damn company. This is the end gamestop. Send me scratched up and incomplete games. Cancel promotion codes. Make the powerup card virtually worthless online. Have crappy employees. Have a poor selection both online and in store. Gut games. Throw away cases. That's all fine. I can deal. But now those greedy bastards are hoarding demo codes. This is too much. I'm out.

I got one of these codes today too. GOnna try it out tomarrow when it goes live, thats if I'm not too busy playing Homefront :)

i used to get the newsletter, but they just stopped one day. i have put my email in again a few times and still haven't got any more. i am also a power up plus member and nothing on that end either.

[quote name='shadowknight203']you can also download the demo off the UK store.[/QUOTE]

This +1. They have some themes that are not available on the U.S. PSN store as well (for those needing more incentive to be bothered). They also tend to have some demos earlier...no need to wait for Gamestop.
Besides, the demo will likely go up on tomorrow's update:lol:.

[quote name='shadowknight203']you can also download the demo off the UK store.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='millrat1030']Downloaded the demo from UK PSN last week. Short demo but I have to say this game is going to be awesome.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='dragonjud']This +1. They have some themes that are not available on the U.S. PSN store as well (for those needing more incentive to be bothered). They also tend to have some demos earlier...no need to wait for Gamestop.
Besides, the demo will likely go up on tomorrow's update:lol:.[/QUOTE]

Yup, everyone can get it for free, no need to beg for a code or anything. Just use a fake UK account and pick it up.

UK has it early because they actually get the game this week. NA doesn't get it for another month. I doubt the demo for NA will go up tomorrow but I could be wrong.

And yes, UK does get some demos early and some extra themes. Split/Second demo was out a week or two early there too last year, that's what I created my UK account in the first place.

[quote name='dchrisd']WTF!?!? This is complete BS! I'm a powerup member and those scums sent me nothing. THis is completely unacceptable. F Gamestop. F that whole damn company. This is the end gamestop. Send me scratched up and incomplete games. Cancel promotion codes. Make the powerup card virtually worthless online. Have crappy employees. Have a poor selection both online and in store. Gut games. Throw away cases. That's all fine. I can deal. But now those greedy bastards are hoarding demo codes. This is too much. I'm out.[/QUOTE]

EPIC flame. :hot:

Huh. I got one too.

Maybe no one pre-ordered this so GS is trying this as a last ditch effort to get someone to buy the game :lol:

If you want free stuff from gamestop just raid there dumpster there always throwing out there old advertisement posters and cardboard stands even old game from time to time.

[quote name='SirDiealot']I got one from GS too, but didnt work when i try to apply it ;[[/QUOTE]

Mine doesn't work either.

[quote name='whoknows']Huh. I got one too.

Maybe no one pre-ordered this so GS is trying this as a last ditch effort to get someone to buy the game :lol:[/QUOTE]

Even if I wanted the game, I would not buy it at gamestop. That requires me to deal with those fucking retards. I only really buy sale priced or priced dropped games there (or games that would be impossible to find otherwise) and PSN cards because I got one right next to Panara for a quick lunch stop.

[quote name='GoreObsessed']Its march 15th and mine still doesent work.. Maybe we we gotta wait for PSN to update?[/QUOTE]

That's my best guess. Give it a few hours and then see. When I get home from work, I will try my code, see if it works.

[quote name='GoreObsessed']Its march 15th and mine still doesent work.. Maybe we we gotta wait for PSN to update?[/QUOTE]

same here have tried a few times, but no go

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']The PSN store has been updated, just nabbed Parasite Eve.

No code working. Typical gamestop.[/QUOTE]

same here (although i didnt buy PE)

Just a heads up the game got a delay in UK and it looks like the demo was pulled from the UK PSN store. No word on any effect on US release date/demo (but we're still a month out).

Linky: http://www.mcvuk.com/news/43506/Sony-confirms-UK-Motorstorm-delay

As was speculated yesterday, Sony has confirmed that following the delay to its release in Japan, Sony will also postpone the release of PS3 racer Motorstorm Apocalypse in the UK.
"Although we have shipped the game into the channel last week, given that we are able to do so, we have chosen to postpone the launch in the UK," an SCE UK spokesperson told MCV.
"In the meantime we will continue to monitor the situation very closely."
A spokesperson for SCEE added: "We are shocked and saddened to see the impact of the earthquake and tsunami in Japan and our thoughts are with all those affected, including our colleagues within the Sony family, living and working throughout Japan.
"We are very conscious of the parallels between these events and the underlying theme in Motorstorm and are doing everything we can to be as sensitive as possible to the situation. Although the game itself is already in distribution, we are ceasing any further shipments and removing as much of the marketing materials as possible."

[quote name='Joe Sparxxx']Has anyone had this work yet? I tried on the 15th and nothing.[/QUOTE]

Read the posts above, due to the situation in Japan they will not be releasing it. I got the email this morning.

http://www.facebook.com/GameStop/posts/202482336438367

From Gamestop:
For those asking about the Motorstorm Apocalypse beta: Due to the tragic events in Japan, accessibility to the Motorstorm Apocalypse beta has been temporarily postponed. We are currently working with the publisher to determine when this beta will become available again. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

bread's done
Back