Move games $16 off instantly Costco thru 12/06

phiberosmosis

CAGiversary!
Eyepet, start the party, sports champions and Kung Fu. Are all 16 off instantly at Costco. They are already priced at 36 so this makes them 20. I can vouch for start the party. Its a blast.

In store only and costco membership required.

Its a Manufacturer rebate

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='seif760']Does this get applied at checkout?[/QUOTE]

Yes its 16 instantly.

its unlimited too.

I bought 2 each of eyepet and start the party

And it was 88.96

[quote name='phiberosmosis']Sorry this is my first CAG. Its in store only. Sorry guys.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the clarification. I have a CostCo on my way home, so I'll stop by to check it out.

Is it limited to just the 3 games you listed?

Also, was there anything on display indicating the discount?

[quote name='DarkonJohn']Thanks for the clarification. I have a CostCo on my way home, so I'll stop by to check it out.

Is it limited to just the 3 games you listed?

Also, was there anything on display indicating the discount?[/QUOTE]

I think its just those 4 games.

[quote name='the_revelator']Would this apply to the sly collection? Technically it's a move game.[/QUOTE]

No, its not. Its a regular PS3 game with Move support for mini games.

The 3 games do not use the Move motion controller at all.

[quote name='the_revelator']Would this apply to the sly collection? Technically it's a move game.[/QUOTE]

Last I checked, Costco wasn't even carrying the game. In fact, the four games the OP listed and a bowling game which is not part of the deal as it was $26.99 to begin with are the only real Move games Costco sells in store.

[quote name='bojay1997']Last I checked, Costco wasn't even carrying the game. In fact, the four games the OP listed and a bowling game which is not part of the deal as it was $26.99 to begin with are the only real Move games Costco sells in store.[/QUOTE]

And Raquet Sports

Picked up EyePet and Start The Party at the CostCo store on the way home for $20 each, though tax was on the pre-discount amount). There was a sign above the boxes indicating that just the games mentioned were included in the discount (and as others said, CostCo doesn't carry many other Move games anyways).

Well, crap, I bought EyePet and Sports Champions for over $30 from Amazon and Start The Party used from GS for $26 (though as part of a B2G1 so that's not too bad - but it was used of course) :cry:...

Anyone know if Costco carries RE5 Gold Edition and if it works in this deal? If so, I'm gonna make the long drive pronto.

[quote name='Plastics']Anyone know if Costco carries RE5 Gold Edition and if it works in this deal? If so, I'm gonna make the long drive pronto.[/QUOTE]

They do not and it's not. The only four games included are the ones the OP listed.

[quote name='io']Well, crap, I bought EyePet and Sports Champions for over $30 from Amazon and Start The Party used from GS for $26 (though as part of a B2G1 so that's not too bad - but it was used of course) :cry:...[/QUOTE]

io, I'd be interested in your thoughts on Move in general as well as what you think about some of these games.

[quote name='regis100']io, I'd be interested in your thoughts on Move in general as well as what you think about some of these games.[/QUOTE]

I like Sports Champions the most of the 3 I have gotten (that, EyePet, and Start The Party).

I only got Start The Party because my 8 year-old saw it being demoed at Gamestop and - so I got it via the GS B2G1 last week. It is OK. It is a good showcase for what you can do with Move, but it really could have used 2 or 3 times the amount of games it has. There isn't much to it. My kids got bored with it after a day or two.

The same is true of EyePet. It is a nice little game and my kids enjoyed it for a few days but they've completely moved on. I'm still trying to get more trophies from those 2 games, but don't see myself playing either long term.

Sports Champions at least has some more replayability and depth. There are 3 levels of cup challenge plus, apparently, a 4th level you can unlock when you beat those (at least I did so on one of the games). Much to my surprise, the Bocce Ball game was very fun (that's the one I played all the way through the gold level cup). I like the volleyball and archery too. Also to my surprise, I liked the gladiator combat the least, though it definitely makes good use of the motion controllers. It is the most "vidoe game" type part of the compilation and that's why I was surprised I liked it the least. I'm not sure that bodes well for the use of Move in "standard" games but it could just be the implementation here or the fact that I'm just not that into fighting-type games.

The hook with Move, of course, is the camera and the inclusion of your own picture into the games. This is what makes EyePet and Start The Party at least somewhat amusing. Being able to hold the Move controller and see it turn into various tools is pretty cool and something you won't get on the other systems. There is definitely potential here. Of coruse, Sports Champions does not use this feature and it is probably the best of the bunch - so go figure...

Overall I'm glad I got it, though I probably overpaid considering the amount of play in those 3 games. (I also have Toy Story 3 and Sly Collection but the Move portions of those are pretty tiny). Clearly, they still need to release a killer app for it.

io, I would check out time crisis razing storm if i were you, loads of fun, I am also in the same situation getting a bunch of move games for the kids, but time crisis is def worth it (3 arcade shoots, albeit each kind of short, huge re playability as time crisis story mode is a decently long first person shooter/arcade mix.), multiplayer is pretty fun too, just takes a while to get used to fraggin in motion controls and a dualshock in the other hand.

time crisis was stocked at my costco, however only 2 copies were there, and don't know if they applied to the discount.

[quote name='io']Overall I'm glad I got it, though I probably overpaid considering the amount of play in those 3 games. (I also have Toy Story 3 and Sly Collection but the Move portions of those are pretty tiny). Clearly, they still need to release a killer app for it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the input, io! I value your opinion, probably because you have multiple kids like I do. You need to tell shipwreck to let you add your 2 cents on some reviews! :)

It is only the 4 that are 35 which bring it to 19.99. I grabbed the 1st two since I bought bundle. I tried to grabbed Raquet Sports since the sign said Sports but nothing else and they gave me a hassle about it, so I told them to keep it and fix the dam sign. Oh well, still a good deal. They do have two other games Raquet Sports and Brunswick Bowling for 26.99.

Eyepet
Start the party
Sports champions
Kung Fu Rider

bread's done
Back