Movie Gallery Score

darkwingduck13

CAGiversary!
Since the yard sales in my area are never up to par with what get posted in the Yard Sale Thread here, I figured I'd never have much luck finding fantastic deals on older-generation games. Sure, I get in on the $5 CC sales, and Target clearance now and then, and TRU crazy deals, but that stuff is all current-gen. Well, this past weekend I found out that an old Movie Gallery in town moved, and the old location was turned into a "Movie Gallery Outlet Store" according to the employee...a place where all the other Movie Galleries send their pre-owned stuff to sell. The great part about all this is that they don't even have a sign up...just a big banner along the top of the building that tells you that Movie Gallery has moved. I'd have never even known it was there if I hadn't been walking through the plaza on my way to a different store. Anyway, I go over to the game shelf and look, and they're selling all their pre-owned games pretty cheap. SNES/NES/Genesis games are all $1.99 apiece, GBA games are $9.99 apiece (for some reason these were new/sealed), and N64/PS games are $4.99 apiece. Unfortunately, there weren't any good NES/SNES/Genesis/PS games to be found, but I scored some N64 titles, even though I hadn't taken the plunge and picked up the console itself yet. For $4.99 apiece, I was buying:

F-Zero X
Body Harvest
Hybrid Heaven
WWF No Mercy
Killer Instinct Gold
1080 Snowboarding
Mystical Ninja starring Goemon
Flying Dragon

All of the titles came boxed, with registration card, and most with instructions. They had rental stickers that I've had to remove, but none of them are in bad shape at all.

The kicker is that when I got to the register with the first batch of games, the cashier let me know that everything in the store was Buy 2 Get 2 Free. So, each of those games basically cost me $2.50 apiece, which was a great deal for me to finally get started with the N64! :)

Great deal, I'm surprised they were $4.99 before the discount though since when my 2 local Movie Gallery stores were clearing out their N64 and PSX games, they were all $1.99 (all they had was junk like old sports games or games I already had) so I would have thought they would be that price at the outlet as well.

The only deal I have ever gotten at Movie Gallery was World of Outlaw Sprintcars for $9.99 without manual.

I'm probably actually going to go back and pick up a few more titles, since there were more games that I was interested in. They had Fighters Destiny and Fighters Destiny 2, Excitebike 64, Penny Racers, WCW/NWO Revenge, Blast Corps...several more to choose from. Luckily enough, not all sports games. I dunno...I may even pick up Perfect Dark and finally see what all the hype is about. They had two or three copies of that.

Hate to double-post, but thought I'd go ahead and share that I picked up today:

WCW/NWO Revenge
Blast Corps
Pokemon Puzzle League
Star Soldier: Vanishing Earth

All boxed, though only Star Soldier had instructions. Same store, same prices as before.

This really makes me glad I waited so long to pick up an N64...I've got enough games for it now to really make it worthwhile to have the system, and I've spent very little. :)

i have a store like that near me, they had dreamcast games for a 1.00 a piece all sports but they were brand new and i used the same deal, i also bought about 45 genesis games from them .50 a piece i cant complain, picked up diablo for ps1 last night for 5 dollars

bread's done
Back