Movie Gallery/Video Headquarters - All PV games $29.99 and under to $4.99 Dec 10.

Zyre

CAGiversary!
First post, hope ettiquette et all is okay.
As per the subject, starting December 10, (not sure how long for) ALL previously played games marked at $29.99 or less will be dropped to $4.99.

thanks for the heads up and this is quite likely valid as they ran this same promo in the summer for a little while

Hopefully I can take advantage of this one. The last I knew about before the employees, so by the time they knew everything was gone. Ouch.

The closest one to me is in Angus. I don't know if it is worth it for me, especially if they don't have anything good.
Is this place known to have any good condition retro games for cheap? I live in Barrie, ON and all we have is a place called "Video Time" but their prices have become outrageous, and they can't sell anything so they will probably be going out of business.
Common sense tells me that if you can't sell that copy of Super Mario World for $70, maybe you should drop the price.

I can't give an official confirmation. I was told by an employee yesterday as I perused their shelves. As to selection, I'm sure it will vary by store, but in this particular location (Lloydminster), they seemed to have a lot of xbox 360 games, and a relatively limited selection of ps3 and wii. There were ds and psp games as well, but I didn't really look at them closely.
They did have 2 copies of Web of Shadows for $29.99 for PS3 which will be in the sale. This irked me, as I just paid around $30 to get it for my son for Christmas. Of course previously viewed, so likely not returnable.

The one thing you have to watch about Movie Gallery is that they put a huge plastic sticker on their discs that is pretty much impossible to get off.

[quote name='Afrodiziak']The one thing you have to watch about Movie Gallery is that they put a huge plastic sticker on their discs that is pretty much impossible to get off.[/QUOTE]
That sucks, but do they at least come with their original cases and paper sleeves. I'm pretty OCD about that kind of stuff, but worst case scenario I could buy some replacement cases online or from a Toys R' Us or something.

really they still do that at some stores ? they haven't put those on anything disc's at my local store in probably the last 5 years (they used to though)

[quote name='RchrdJ']The closest one to me is in Angus. I don't know if it is worth it for me, especially if they don't have anything good.
Is this place known to have any good condition retro games for cheap? I live in Barrie, ON and all we have is a place called "Video Time" but their prices have become outrageous, and they can't sell anything so they will probably be going out of business.
Common sense tells me that if you can't sell that copy of Super Mario World for $70, maybe you should drop the price.[/QUOTE]

I live in Barrie as well and Video Time is terrible for deals. There's a Video Time 2 over on Yonge St that ha used movies and games buy 2 get 1 free. Selection is pretty crummy at time for games though.

[quote name='thejaz']I live in Barrie as well and Video Time is terrible for deals. There's a Video Time 2 over on Yonge St that ha used movies and games buy 2 get 1 free. Selection is pretty crummy at time for games though.[/QUOTE]

Wait, Yonge St in Toronto!?

IS THERE ONE IN TORONTO!?!?!?!?!?!?!

[quote name='kathos']Wait, Yonge St in Toronto!?

IS THERE ONE IN TORONTO!?!?!?!?!?!?![/QUOTE]

No, Younge ST. goes through Toronto and up north to a part of Barrie. As far as I know, there is no Toronto locations, sorry.

[quote name='TripleQ']Yonge st was once listed as the world's longest street. Might have to drive pretty far to get there![/QUOTE]

Once? I thought it always was.

I can't get to mine for another couple hours, I'm hoping that the blizzard we are getting will keep the other people away till I get the games that I want lol.

went to a few of them was at 1 at 11am and the other a half hour later and there wasnt much at either store...slim pickings at both.

Even for $5 I didnt see 1 game I wanted definetly ymmv for selection.

Just checked out the one close to work (im in BC). They had some older sports games for the PS3 & 360. Had a few games for the flippers out there too.
The bourne game for both systems and skate 2 for the 360. Halo 3 as well. As those games are still listed on robbers web page as good for the trade 3 deal im guessing they can be flipped. As im not a flipper I don't really know for sure. :D Just wanted to give others the heads up as to what they might find for 29.99 or under.

Wow. heavenly sword for $5. thats pretty sweet. Too bad selection is very ymmv and usually crappy in my area. I might just go for a quick drive just in case

Unfortunately by the time I got there the copy of Bionic Commando I saw last night was gone, but I grabbed Eat Lead and Chronicles of Riddick. Could've been better, but still not bad for those two.

I have to share my haul with you all, it was definitely the best day of video game shopping in my life. I spent $145 (plus tax) on 29 games. As a guess if I wanted to make some money today instead of having a whole pile of games for myself and my son, I could likely double my money with trade-in values? Here goes:
PS3: Star Wars: Force Unleashed, Burnout Paradise, Marvel Ultimate Alliance, Assasin's Creed, Farcry 2, Metal Gear Solid 4 Limited Edition, F.E.A.R. 2, Golden Axe Beast Rider, Ghostbusters: The Video Game, Sonic Unleashed, Bioshock, Heavenly Sword, Kung Fu Panda, Mortal Kombat Vs. DC Universe, Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction, Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WWII, Call of Duty 3, Tomb Raider Underworld

Wii: The Incredible Hulk, The Bigs 2, Wall-E, Rayman Raving Rabbids 2, Resident Evil 4, Super Swing Golf

DS: Pokemon Diamond, Nintendogs: Chihuahua, Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, Final Fantasy: Echoes of Time

PS2: Ben 10: Alien Force

The cases are in good to great shape, and no stickers on the discs that I've seen. Your mileage will definitely vary. I was at the Camrose location when they opened at 10:00, which is where I picked up the vast majority. I then trundled across country to the Wetaskiwin and Beaumont stores, which were much much much more limited in selection. My son and I will be gaming like mad-men for a year and a half on this haul today, and I am super-hyped.

You're welcome Princess Zelda, and I'm sorry to hear that the rest of you didn't seem to have found a great selection.

According to the proprietor of the VHQ in Wetaskiwin, when I remarked upon how much less selection they had, she told me that the Camrose store has won awards within the company for their gaming division. By pure luck, having never been in that store before, it was where I started my day, because it was only a 40 minute drive from my house as opposed to 50 minutes to some others.

Got a pretty good haul at the Devon location today. I was the first one there and had the full selection to myself.

Picked up:

Ghostbusters (360)
Ben 10 (360)
Velvet Assassin (360)
Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe (360)
Terminator Salvation (360)
Ninja Gaiden Sigma (PS3)
Godfather 2 (PS3)

All for $36. Been waiting awhile to pick up some of these at a good price - I had no clue it would only be $5.

Good luck to everyone else out there looking to get in on this deal! Unless your hoarding multiple copies of games to sell/pawn off, if so you can go F yourself.

So is VHQ under the same deal as Movie Gallery? Or the same company? It seems that all the Movie Galleries in my city have turned to VHQ and didn't really have any deals described like this. Maybe have to check another store

VHQ by me apparently is going out of business...shipped back almost all the good stuff...meaning games :p
However, ALL DVDs and Blu-ray's in the store are $9.99 gone when gone, and all DVD/BRs that aren't new release are $5. All the used-game selection they did have was additionally 50% off, but this included a crapload of shitty PS2 and XBOX games. and Mario Strikers Charged for $20.

Yeah, Video Headquarters and Movie Gallery are the same company, and both stores were definitely doing the sale today.

Absolutely nothing (used) at the VHQ I went to. Although they did have some very nice prices on new games:

:ps3: Ghostbusters - $24.99
:ps3: SF4 - $21
:ps3: Bionic Commando - $12
:ps3: Resident Evil 5 - $24
:ps3: Condemned 2 - $12
:360: Guitar Hero World Tour $30
:360: Infinite Undiscovery - $15

[quote name='RchrdJ']No, Younge ST. goes through Toronto and up north to a part of Barrie. As far as I know, there is no Toronto locations, sorry.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='TripleQ']Yonge st was once listed as the world's longest street. Might have to drive pretty far to get there![/QUOTE]

Yeah I know :( which is why I asked, sucks though, even with that sticker thing it's a fantastic deal.

[quote name='Zyre']

According to the proprietor of the VHQ in Wetaskiwin, when I remarked upon how much less selection they had, she told me that the Camrose store has won awards within the company for their gaming division. By pure luck, having never been in that store before, it was where I started my day, because it was only a 40 minute drive from my house as opposed to 50 minutes to some others.[/QUOTE]

Great job, Zyre. Wetaskiwin and Camrose are a little far for me to reach..I usually try to hit up the stores within my delivery range while I'm working. Great haul too.

[quote name='Afrodiziak']Got a pretty good haul at the Devon location today. I was the first one there and had the full selection to myself.

Good luck to everyone else out there looking to get in on this deal! Unless your hoarding multiple copies of games to sell/pawn off, if so you can go F yourself.[/QUOTE]

And dangit! That's the one store within my range I didn't get a chance to hit up. Good haul for you too, Afrodiziak. Enjoy Ghostbusters. I know I did before I traded it off for a Wii for the wiffey for Xmas. :D

Yesterday I had a so so haul:

Virtua Tennis 2009 - 360
Left 4 Dead - 360
Eternal Sonata - 360
Legendary: The Box - 360

Trying to restrain myself this close to xmas. Gonna take another swing through today, though...3 of those games were from Rabbit Hill Road location in Edmonton(they held the entire 360 selection for me to go through before they put it out on the floor. :D ). And Virtua Tennis 2009 was from Beaumont..Nothing really left at Leduc except for GH2 & 3, Golden Axe: Beast Rider and a few sports titles.

I went shopping today in Georgetown, and went to movie gallery in acton, my lord what a DUMP! their best game was an unboxed GTA4.

Honestly pathetic

[quote name='Zyre']I have to share my haul with you all, it was definitely the best day of video game shopping in my life. I spent $145 (plus tax) on 29 games. As a guess if I wanted to make some money today instead of having a whole pile of games for myself and my son, I could likely double my money with trade-in values? Here goes:
PS3: Star Wars: Force Unleashed, Burnout Paradise, Marvel Ultimate Alliance, Assasin's Creed, Farcry 2, Metal Gear Solid 4 Limited Edition, F.E.A.R. 2, Golden Axe Beast Rider, Ghostbusters: The Video Game, Sonic Unleashed, Bioshock, Heavenly Sword, Kung Fu Panda, Mortal Kombat Vs. DC Universe, Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction, Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WWII, Call of Duty 3, Tomb Raider Underworld

Wii: The Incredible Hulk, The Bigs 2, Wall-E, Rayman Raving Rabbids 2, Resident Evil 4, Super Swing Golf

DS: Pokemon Diamond, Nintendogs: Chihuahua, Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, Final Fantasy: Echoes of Time

PS2: Ben 10: Alien Force

[/QUOTE]

wow..........WOW
wish i went with you to your location
I just went to the Essex and Amherstberg locations, and unless you want a LOT of copies of sports games pre-08, its a waste of a drive

[quote name='Pajo']wow..........WOW
wish i went with you to your location
I just went to the Essex and Amherstberg locations, and unless you want a LOT of copies of sports games pre-08, its a waste of a drive[/QUOTE]

dont bother going to the kingsville location either the only thing that i saw was infamous but it was $34.99 everything was like 07 sports games or ps2 games

[quote name='Pajo']lol, the info would have been good before the 1.5 hour total drive[/QUOTE]
didn't realize there were actually other people from the area on here otherwise i could have told u it was crap on the 7th lol

bread's done
Back