Movie: Goonies Part 2 in the works!!

I already know that this new film won't be anything special... The Goonies is an 80's classic, how will the filmmakers pull off making a sequel that'll be better than the first?

ive also been hearing stuff about this for years now, but there is nothing on IMDB regarding it. And most of the stories i read are either real old, about the NES video game or just speculation from the cast. I sure hope this shit happens though as i just watched some Goonies the other night and it holds up real well after all these years (except for that Cindy Lauper video for 'Goonies R good enough' on the extras, if anyone has seen it, you know what im talking about)

on a related note, anyone hear about the Lost Boys 2: The Tibe that is being made? well, if you havent, keep checking the Blockbuster wall as that travesty is going to go straight to DVD faster than you can say "Maggots Michael, your eating Maggots"

[quote name='davkeats']

on a related note, anyone hear about the Lost Boys 2: The Tibe that is being made? well, if you havent, keep checking the Blockbuster wall as that travesty is going to go straight to DVD faster than you can say "Maggots Michael, your eating Maggots"[/quote]

See post #2.

I saw the trailer during "I Am Legend" Tuesday night. As soon as I saw that Feldman was in the movie, I skipped to the next trailer.

As with "The Goonies", a Lost Boys sequel will never be as good as the original.

already made:
2912m4y.jpg

Spoilers:
--the girl turns into a mermaid, who Mikey needs to rescue.
--takes place in a warehouse, on a cliff, on an abandoned ship, and antarctica, all of which are interconnected.
--Konami Man heals you until you punch him.

maybe mikey will finally get a piece of that sweet andie action. shes like what 40 to 45 yrs old now? why would sean astin even be in it his career has been damn good he doesnt need to do this.also will data still have tht racist amerasian accent?

[quote name='Apossum']already made:
2912m4y.jpg

Spoilers:
--the girl turns into a mermaid, who Mikey needs to rescue.
--takes place in a warehouse, on a cliff, on an abandoned ship, and antarctica, all of which are interconnected.
--Konami Man heals you until you punch him.[/QUOTE]

Also it's an awesome game. Brutally sandbox in a way, since it's astoundingly difficult to figure out what to do, but still a great game.

As for this movie, I

I think that Josh Brolin might as well play the grandfather at this point.

And I know that we're going to see ridiculously over-the-top CG "Pinchers of Peril", and I don't know how I'm going to feel about that kind of shit. Also, the Fratellis had as much to do with the greatness of that film as the kids and the 'plot' did.

I don't want to see a fairly fit, awkward-looking Jeff Cohen, either.

EDIT: Which version has the goddamn octopus?

Not the original theatrical version, I can tell you that. I remember getting the 'concession stand souvenir program' for this film and seeing stills from that sequence, just hours after seeing the actual film. If DVD copies now include it, just know that it was (relatively) recently inserted. I always liked the way it was cut originally, which made the kids seem like they were already embellishing their mostly true story to the 'grown ups'.

Also, I watched that YouTube video after posting this. I almost get the impression that Brolin is just fucking with the dork that's interviewing him. Meryl Streep?! Eyebrow firmly raised.

Im going to pull a drath vader just realized he killed padame

What They killed it. But They couldn't have.....I Didn't

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

[quote name='TheRock88']
goonies.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I like how the director's name is also in quotes.

Never saw the first one for more than 10 minutes before I lost interest. The Cyndi Lauper video with the wrestlers was entertaining when I was like 7. I did love that Goonies II NES game though. I'd usually just sit there and hit friendly people with both fists and the hammer because "Stop! What do you do?" and "PLEASE! HELP ME!!" made me laugh every time.

To answer the earlier question about if they have to make a sequel to every 80's property - yes. We're running low though, pretty soon we'll be starting to get sequels to 90's stuff. Stay tuned for Son of Wayne's World and Billy Madison II.

This is a heads up for fans of the Goonies and Dave Grusin's music score. Varèse Sarabande is releasing the first ever officially licensed soundtrack album of the COMPLETE Goonies score on March 15th in a limited edition CD available only on their web site! It's up for pre-order now and only 5,000 copies are being produced. You can listen to some sample clips on the pre-order page. Their site has some of their other limited edition soundtracks still available including Short Circuit, Big, Lucas, Broadcast News, War of the Roses, etc. Click their Soundtrack Club link to see all their exclusive editions.

http://www.varesesarabande.com/details.asp?pid=VCL-0310-1104

www1www1www0www4www.jpg

goonies 2 should have been done when they were in their teens or something. i dont see how itd work now that they are all adults outside of maybe they get into an adventure with their kids or maybe they come back due to someone passing or coing up missing and end up on another adventure together. "were too old for another one of your goonie adventures".

I could see mikey still in that town working the same ob his dad did but then that almost comes off like a bit of a rip from It. i wonder if theyd bring back sloth and if so would he still be the same or maybe smarter.

#-oThey put it off for far too long (~20 years too late) so I don't expect anything good to come of this. On the bright side, it'll still probably be better than the Monopoly movie...

[quote name='crunchb3rry']$50 says Will Smith's kid is in it...as the fucking lead.[/QUOTE]

they could save alot of money if they hired the duggars to be in it. question is though outside of pirate treasure what more is there to be found in oregon?

[quote name='JediJones']This is a heads up for fans of the Goonies and Dave Grusin's music score. Varèse Sarabande is releasing the first ever officially licensed soundtrack album of the COMPLETE Goonies score on March 15th in a limited edition CD available only on their web site! It's up for pre-order now and only 5,000 copies are being produced. You can listen to some sample clips on the pre-order page. Their site has some of their other limited edition soundtracks still available including Short Circuit, Big, Lucas, Broadcast News, War of the Roses, etc. Click their Soundtrack Club link to see all their exclusive editions.

www1www1www0www4www.jpg
[/QUOTE]

NICE for us soundtrack collectors. Don't like the CD cover art though :(

[quote name='lokizz']question is though outside of pirate treasure what more is there to be found in oregon?[/QUOTE]

Fresh air?

[quote name='crunchb3rry']Fresh air?[/QUOTE]

well then take that and salt water taffy and the movies almost complete lol. unless they did something about lewis and clark.

Forget the Goonies soundtrack, the fucking Teen Wolf soundtrack needs a real release. I've only ever seen import copies from places like Japan. Silhouette by David Palmer is the best song evar!

[quote name='crunchb3rry']Forget the Goonies soundtrack, the fucking Teen Wolf soundtrack needs a real release. I've only ever seen import copies from places like Japan. Silhouette by David Palmer is the best song evar![/QUOTE]

And the soundtrack to Back to School.

MPW-27555

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']At least we all now have an excuse to talk about Martha Plimpton again.[/QUOTE]

Actually she did an awesome episode of Law and Order SVU in 99 with Mary Steenburgen and an episode of Law and Order Criminal Intent in 2006.

[quote name='JediJones']This is a heads up for fans of the Goonies and Dave Grusin's music score. Varèse Sarabande is releasing the first ever officially licensed soundtrack album of the COMPLETE Goonies score on March 15th in a limited edition CD available only on their web site! It's up for pre-order now and only 5,000 copies are being produced. You can listen to some sample clips on the pre-order page. Their site has some of their other limited edition soundtracks still available including Short Circuit, Big, Lucas, Broadcast News, War of the Roses, etc. Click their Soundtrack Club link to see all their exclusive editions.

www1www1www0www4www.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Nothing I'm interested in, but if someone is interested in buying this, you should probably order it right away. The same company released a limited 4-disc Karate Kid anthology score a while back and it sold out immediately and now goes for like 150 bucks.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Nothing I'm interested in, but if someone is interested in buying this, you should probably order it right away. The same company released a limited 4-disc Karate Kid anthology score a while back and it sold out immediately and now goes for like 150 bucks.[/QUOTE]

WAIT WHAT ????????????????:bomb:

[quote name='ITDEFX']WAIT WHAT ????????????????:bomb:[/QUOTE]
Yeah, it's pretty awesome to actually own it. Bill Conti is the fucking man. Arguably better than his Rocky work. I'd be glad to pass the files along since the actual CDs are long out of print.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Yeah, it's pretty awesome to actually own it. Bill Conti is the fucking man. Arguably better than his Rocky work. I'd be glad to pass the files along since the actual CDs are long out of print.[/QUOTE]

Not to go off topic, but when exactly was this released? and for how much at the time?

[quote name='ITDEFX']Not to go off topic, but when exactly was this released? and for how much at the time?[/QUOTE]

"The instrumental scores for all four Karate Kid films were composed by Bill Conti, orchestrated by Jack Eskew, and featured pan flute solos by Gheorge Zamfir. On March 12, 2007, Varèse Sarabande released all four Karate Kid scores in a 4-CD box set limited to 2,500 copies worldwide."

Can't remember the price...I want to say 40 bucks but that's a wild guess. I had to pony up the big bucks for it since I missed the 2,500 window.

bread's done
Back