Movie stops free blu ray deal

scaredyett

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
I have been participating in the movie stop trade 2 blu rays get a new blu ray free deal ( it also works with 4 DVDs for a new DVD) and I feel it has been very beneficial. I have not seen anyone post here about it so i thought this would be a good thread to start. I don't have the full list of movies offered but currently amazing spiderman, batman rises, Abraham Lincoln, piranah 3dd, Cinderella, nemo, brave are among many on it. There's is one thing, the blu rays u trade must be vied at $3 or more from movie stop to get the free blu ray. And the movies are the version out unless there is a single disc blu ray and combo pack offered, then I would get the single disc. I have gotten 15+ movies already and only the lucky one was a single disc but for $2 I upgraded to the combo. So if u are hesitant with deals too good to be true unwanted to throw this out there.

It's wise to note, in many cases, that 4.99 blus from BB will work for this deal... I tend to call MS and ask if there is a DotD or the Upgrade and save starts. I strip the digital copies (it's the only thing I use) and then trade the disc back in for $14. It tends to cost me about $4 for all the digital copies this way. I just preorder the next Blu that I want from the list they have.

[quote name='Backlash2332x']Is there anyway to check all trade in values?[/QUOTE]

The website has a short list of the Trade values for newly released titles; otherwise,
You'd have to either call or stop by a location to find out.

[quote name='ChadThyJuggla']The website has a short list of the Trade values for newly released titles; otherwise,
You'd have to either call or stop by a location to find out.[/QUOTE]

that's what I figured >.< moviestop is beyond inconvenient.

[quote name='ScorpioKyle']I used to use it with blockbuster sales, got so many new releases last year for $8 + tax.[/QUOTE]

Damn. I didn't even think of that. That's cheaper than the BB 4.99 sales... I have a bb by where I'm going for work today. May have to blow $20, if Ty have the 5 for 20 on.

they ran dry for me last fall. most of their cheap blus are just junk now that gets no value. the 5 for 20 is not going on right now either, right now it's 50% off all used movies for labor day.

Trade two blu-rays to get one blu-ray? Unless you've bought a bunch of blu-rays that you really don't want for some reason, that's a horrible deal.

It's really not that bad if you purchase them elsewhere, i have traded in many movies that i purchased in lots that would come to about $5 or $6 so getting a new blu ray for $10-12 is well worth it especially if im trading in movies i dont really want from the lot. But also , like someoen else said, They usually give you $14 store credit the first week or so of the release, so if you only want the digital copy just download it and trade in the movie

Look at Pawn Shops or garage sales, flea market etc, but make sure they have a good trade in value, some movies you wouldnt expect are worth $1.99 so no trade (like little fockers), Or maybe you wanted to upgrade some movies you had Like I bought the 3 disc Avatar, so i can trade in my old avatar, also the dark knoght and batman begins are trade ins

[quote name='arcane93']Trade two blu-rays to get one blu-ray? Unless you've bought a bunch of blu-rays that you really don't want for some reason, that's a horrible deal.[/QUOTE]

Uh... No you're wrong... What you do is trade in cheap blus that qualify for the deal... I have done this deal many times and currently have about ten titles reserved simply by trading in a bunch of $1 blu rays I got from BB closing sales... New releases for $2? Sounds like one damn good deal myself...

(Taken from my post on DVD talk)
The Trade two for one deal blu ray has been changed in the last year or so, the two blu rays have to have a trade in value of $3 now, not 4 in order to qualify for the deal, though with values plummeting the last time I went in with about 8 blus, I only qualified for one new release. I have literally every worthwhile new release on reserve from no until the end of the year: Spiderman, Ted, Brave, Dark Knight Rises, Nemo, Expendables 2, Bourne, The Watch, etc...etc. These titles in most cases essentially cost me only $2 each.

Another good tip, if you are bringing in a lot of dvds, they have the 4 for 1 new release dvd deal going on, the trick here is for example you trade 4 titles all worth $1.50 each in, thats normally $6 credit... but you get a new release and immediately trade that title in, $12 without MVP discount card, $13.20 WITH card. You do need to be up front and check those trade in values though and qualifying titles. Most workers need to be reminded about the trade in deals, I had 4 qualifying dvds the other day and the guy neglected to mention it because I buy only blu rays, I essentially squandered about $7 in extra credit as I didnt want to wait an EXTRA 20 minutes for him to correct it.

ALSO, those of us that take advantage of the upgrade and save, be sure to check those trade in prices, I've had titles trade in for a little as .06... yes six cents! For that I am much better off trading THOSE titles into Best Buy during the next U&S. If the title I trade in is worth under a certain amount, I tell them to pull them for me.

You CAN upgrade your blu ray reserves to 3D, just have to pay the difference, which is generally under $5, I usually

The discount card $15 for a year is SO WORTH IT, you are getting 10% extra on trades, 10% off used titles AND you get a year of Entertainment Weekly, which it is worth it for alone

I have only bought a few titles ay Movie Stop, as it is relatively out of the way for me and most of the stuff they have is cheaper on Amazon. Overall they don't seem to have as good a selection as FYE.

EDIT: Well, just left Movie Stop and picked up a decent haul. SEED Destiny Final Plus, a copy of OG FMA signed by Vic Migmonga and Caitlin Glass, and a copy of Gundam 08th MS Team Vol. 2 (which I am actually keeping AND got for free because of their sale).

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back