i want an mp3 player, these are myrequiremnts:
1. at least 18mb of memory
2. a little on the small side
3. ease of use to get songs from computer to the player
4. durable
5. not to expensive, prferable under 150
6. would like exp. mmry but not mandatory
7. has to work with wndows 98 or 98se

please post the model and yur experience with it, thank you!!

i know i know but like i dont want to keep buying and returning if i dontlike them , thats whyi want you to give personal accounts of what they are like

i also want to know if those site were you do promotional offers and get a free ipod, do those actually work? if so witch is the best?

they work but after alot of your work... theres a thread around here somewere but im to lazy to look...

There are realy alot of options.to name a few
Are you looking to exersize
voice record
do you need a good display
what size do you want
how small do you mean by "Small"
do you want an fm tuner

i might exercize with it but mostly jogging i dont neeed a voice recorder by small i mean it fits in the palm of your hand and i would like an fm tuner

Take a look at the TDK Mojo line.

http://tinyurl.com/6t825

The "X" is 128mb, and the "128F" is expandable. My friend has a "128F" and loves it, but transferring puts a strain on the batteries, so she loads up her stuff on the SD cards instead. Oh, btw, she also owns a 40gb iPod, but she still prefers the size and weight of the Mojo.

I-River line is great - slick small and full functions

MPIO line is awesome cool

Avoid creative like the plague.

For lifting and running I prefer my Rio Sport since it can take a hit and keep playing - plus it's nice and cheap so if I do drop a weight on it, no problem (much) =P

Stay FAR away from the RCA Licras. I was given one as a gift. Sure, it has 128mb built in and a slot to expand, however, they don't tell you that you can only listen to songs downloaded with their software.

I would recomend waiting for a coupon or sale on a 15 gb Dell DJ. That's what I did and got mine for 149.99 with free shipping. (Only took about three days to get here too.) But you may not want one that big structurally (roughly the size of an ipod).

Meh, If you can go from $150 to $200, sign up for the Amazon Credit Card for $30 off your first purchase with it, and buy the Creative Zen Touch....came out to $194 for me, and I love it...20 gigs too

I own a 40 GB Creative Zen Xtra, and while I couldn't go a day without it, jogging or pretty much doing any physical activity with the device on hand isn't a good idea as it tends to screw up the hard drive. I'm not sure if this is the case with the "Touch" line?... I would assume so, if it uses the same type of hd.

I was in Staples the other night and noticed some good deals that you might be interested in. There was a great Rio 256 on sale. Check them out at staples.com

If you are looking for something realiable and cheap, pick up a rio s30s. You are grab one for around $50. I know it only has 64 mb of built in memory, but you are pick up a 256mb sd card for under $40. So thats a total of 320 mb for under $100. People have complained about the FM turner, but all you have to do is download the new firmware for it and it should be fine.

http://www.pcmall.com/pcmall/shop/d...source=pwbfroogle&adcampaign=email,pwbfroogle

[quote name='pimp_daddy_smurf']i recommend the creative MuVo

www.newegg.com has em cheap and they are very tiny and durable[/quote]

When i was in the market for a portable mp3 that i could take to the gym, i considered the Muvo. The only downside to the MuVo was that the memory was not upgradable. If you buy a 128 MB Muvo your stuck with that. If you buy a 256 MB muvo your stuck with only 256 MB. So if you every decide to upgrade you would need to purchase another mp3 player, which is not cost effective. But if 256mb is all you need and you can find one for under $80 pick it up.

You may just want to try staples.com I have been looking for a while and think that they have a good variety of players. Price is right too. I want an Ipod but don;t trust the free thing.

[quote name='"RandyTsai"'][quote name='pimp_daddy_smurf']i recommend the creative MuVo. The only downside to the MuVo was that the memory was not upgradable. If you buy a 128 MB Muvo your stuck with that. If you buy a 256 MB muvo your stuck with only 256 MB. So if you every decide to upgrade you would need to purchase another mp3 player, which is not cost effective. But if 256mb is all you need and you can find one for under $80 pick it up.[/quote]

The Muvo's are the best. I think the new muvo2's are upgradable.

bread's done
Back