MP3 player for my sister

CorporalJackson

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
Hey, my sister is looking to buy a MP3 player. She would like to get a Ipod nano or something good around that price (the 2 gig version). So if anyone knows where to get 2 gig cheap or a better player suggestion please tell :)

I'd stay far away from Apple and unless she really needs a flash based player, you'll get more bang for your buck with a hard drive based player. Check out Creatives line of MP3 players.

The Apple store has great deals on older models. (under special deals)

30 gig videos are $179
2 gb Nano are $99
4 gb minis are $99
6 gb minis are $129

all have free shipping but you have to pay tax.

not sure why you would steer clear of apple unless your sis is a format snob. Itunes + iPod is a great combo and easy way to get music.

[quote name='usickenme']The Apple store has great deals on older models. (under special deals)

30 gig videos are $179
2 gb Nano are $99
4 gb minis are $99
6 gb minis are $129

all have free shipping but you have to pay tax.

not sure why you would steer clear of apple unless your sis is a format snob. Itunes + iPod is a great combo and easy way to get music.[/QUOTE]

It's also an expensive way to get music as well as very restricting if you want to move stuff around.

I'm really happy with my Sansa mp3 player. It's very easy to use, sturdy, and works great with subscription services like Yahoo Music and Rhapsody. It's great, because if I don't get the chance to grab a new CD on Tuesday, I can just port the tracks from Yahoo Music Unlimited onto my mp3 player and enjoy the new album until I can grab the CD.

the thing i hate about the Sansa is that it has a crappy songlist set up.

I know many people are anti apple, but if your sister want to show off her mp3 player you will want an ipod. You are not going to impress any one with a random mp3 player, but they will known an ipod as it is all over the ads.

[quote name='62t']the thing i hate about the Sansa is that it has a crappy songlist set up.

I know many people are anti apple, but if your sister want to show off her mp3 player you will want an ipod. You are not going to impress any one with a random mp3 player, but they will known an ipod as it is all over the ads.[/quote]

More the reason NOT to get her one... unless u want her to be muggable.

Who the hell wants to show off an MP3 player? You buy it so you can use it, and the sansa obviously has the better features for a lower price.

I love my Sansa. I got the 4gb one for $130 after rebate and coupon, but Office Max has the 2gb version for $100 on sale this week and if you have a coupon you can get it for even less (bring in some empty ink carts and you can get $3 off your purchase maximum of $30 off).

I got a Zen Microphoto (8GB) at walmart for 150.00 (on clearance, but their website has it at around that price, i believe) and i love it. For the price, I don't know if it can really be beaten.

[quote name='coolbrys']I got a Zen Microphoto (8GB) at walmart for 150.00 (on clearance, but their website has it at around that price, i believe) and i love it. For the price, I don't know if it can really be beaten.[/QUOTE]

That's a great mp3 player, but it's HDD based, so I wouldn't recommend it if she plans to do any running or strenuous exercise with it.

If this forum was in the trading section, based on the thread title, it sounded like you were trading your sister for an MP3 player :) (I'm surprised no one said this yet)

[quote name='JasonTerminator']That's a great mp3 player, but it's HDD based, so I wouldn't recommend it if she plans to do any running or strenuous exercise with it.[/quote]

Yeah, I forgot about that... I just use mine in my car and at work, so it's perfect for what I need it for.

I got my sister the Rio CE2100 for 30$ after 70$ rebate from fye (also at sam goody's). Its 2.5 gb and its an ok player; best feature is that it can go really loud.

Check your local TRU.. they have the Creative Zen Micro 6GB for $100.00. Built in FM tuner, voice recorder, you can partition the hard drive to be a mass storage device, record radio, etc. It doesn't have a color display, so no pics or movies.. but it's an option. It'll likely require a firmware upgrade and software update, but that's not overly difficult. I've been using the hell out of mine since I got it last month. Currently loaded up with early Allman Bros., full Beatles discography, Led Zep Discography, Pink Floyd discography, and still have room to spare.

[quote name='CorporalJackson']Hey, my sister is looking to buy a MP3 player. She would like to get a Ipod nano or something good around that price (the 2 gig version). So if anyone knows where to get 2 gig cheap or a better player suggestion please tell :)[/quote]

When I read the title I thought you were trying to trade your sister for an mp3 player. I was going to ask if she's hot. lol

Been looking to get one for myself and these ones are great.

iPod Nano (2nd gen) -$150
Creative Zen V - $120 (amazon)
Refurb 2GB 1st Gen Nano - $99
Sandisk Sansa e250 2GB - $109 (amazon)

Unless the Zen has the headphone port problem that some of the old Zen Micro's did, I think they're about equal and all close in price. The Zen V is sorta kiddy looking but it's cute (comes in different colors too). Personally I think I'm going for the new iPod nano but the Sansa is sweet too.

bread's done
Back