MP3 player or use the PSP?

rscaramelo

CAGiversary!
Feedback
51 (100%)
I just unloaded my old 4th Gen 20gb iPod on ebay with the idea of buying a new MP3 player. However, I'm thinking of just grabbing a 2-4 gb card for my PSP and using that instead. Does anyone else use the PSP as a music player? It's probably too bulky even if I grab the new smaller version.

RC

[quote name='rscaramelo']I just unloaded my old 4th Gen 20gb iPod on ebay with the idea of buying a new MP3 player. However, I'm thinking of just grabbing a 2-4 gb card for my PSP and using that instead. Does anyone else use the PSP as a music player? It's probably too bulky even if I grab the new smaller version.

RC[/quote]

yesh its pretty kick ass mp3 player, i hav a 2gb and a philps earhpones and its just a-m-a-z-ing

I run the homebrew program lightmp3 on my psp, though I primarily game on the go when I can and don't listen that much to music through the psp, instead opting for my dedicated player (cowon x5)

it's kind of huge for an mp3 player no? I keep a couple of songs and podcasts feeds on it in case i need something to listen to but with everything playing mp3s these days i'd rather use my phone or a device that will comfortable fit in my pocket.

The PSP Slim might improve the system's functionality as an mp3 player, since it is much lighter and a bit slimmer. However, I wouldn't say it's ideally suited for the task. That screen is just too big and delicate to not keep in a case.

Huge for music player, but the player actually really sucks. Last time I tried, you can't navigate any menus without stopping the music.

[quote name='b3b0p']Huge for music player, but the player actually really sucks. Last time I tried, you can't navigate any menus without stopping the music.[/quote]

When you are playing a song, pressing the Home button allows to navigate the menus without stopping a song. Only problem is that music will stop when you enter either a new song or a new area of the PSP (such as the video or photo section).

The PSP has a couple of advantages as a mp3 player, one of which is the RSS feed. I download podcasts straight to my PSP and the files never touch my desktop. I would say that it depends on what you're using the music player for.

If you're using it to work out then it might be a little big to lift weights with, unless you have long enough headphones and set it on the floor. But if you're on the treadmill then just set the psp on the console and start running. I've even watched movies on the treadmill with my psp.

If you're riding on the bus and just need to kill time, I usually just slip the psp into my coat pocket and it works just fine. The only problem with the size of the psp is if you need to be actively mobile while you listen, like when you're going jogging through the park, I'd probably go with a shuffle or something lighter. But if you're stationary then the psp is great!

awful mp3 player (i chose it over an ipod about 2 years ago)...so id say go that route if thats what your lookin for haha

bread's done
Back