mp3 player

My 6 year old is totally enamored with my ipod from Christmas, and he can work it very well. I'm not surprised as at his age I was djing it up with my 45s that I'd already learned to handle by the edges, so music's in the boy's blood. I'm thinking of getting him his own little mp3 player, but I don't want to spend the cash of an ipod.

I want something with buttons easy to use, a click wheel if possible, so he's not confused from one to the other, and I need to be able to put songs from itunes on it, as he likes some non-kid regular music.

Any suggetions? I don't care if it's new, just in halfway decent shape. Tried ebay, but they're outrageous.

Why? Because my kid's into music, so I'm thinking of getting a cheap alternative to let him listen to music when he's riding in the car or hanging out in his room? I didn't say I was going to go out and buy an ipod video right off the shelf for him. Like I said, I was his age when I really got into music, so I can understand.

How is this different from parents who get gameboys for their kids? He's used my old gameboy for 2 years, but this is the first ipod I've ever had, so I don't have an old one to hand down. Not to mention, this way I can better patrol the music he listens to if I download from my collection.

Because I'm looking for advice on a non-ipod mp3 player to use so I can look for one second hand, you're disgusted? Guess what, you're an idiot.

[quote name='browneyedgal68']I want something with buttons easy to use, a click wheel if possible, so he's not confused from one to the other, and I need to be able to put songs from itunes on it, as he likes some non-kid regular music.[/QUOTE]
MP3 player compatibility with iTunes for Windows
Learn how to use iTunes with MP3 devices.

iTunes for Windows can transfer a variety of audio and music files to iPod, including MP3 and AAC encoded files. Other MP3 players do not work with iTunes for Windows.

Using iTunes, you can also burn MP3 audio CDs, which can play on MP3 CD players.

Songs purchased from the iTunes Store are encoded using a protected AAC format that prevents them from being converted.
http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=93377

[quote name='browneyedgal68']Why? Because my kid's into music, so I'm thinking of getting a cheap alternative to let him listen to music when he's riding in the car or hanging out in his room? I didn't say I was going to go out and buy an ipod video right off the shelf for him. Like I said, I was his age when I really got into music, so I can understand.

How is this different from parents who get gameboys for their kids? He's used my old gameboy for 2 years, but this is the first ipod I've ever had, so I don't have an old one to hand down. Not to mention, this way I can better patrol the music he listens to if I download from my collection.

Because I'm looking for advice on a non-ipod mp3 player to use so I can look for one second hand, you're disgusted? Guess what, you're an idiot.[/QUOTE]
Don't listen to him, he's a troll who will be banned eventually.

That said, is the music on your Itunes converted from your own library or is it from the Itunes store? As someone already pointed out, music from the Itunes store will only be playable on Apple MP3 players.

All my music is from my extensive cd collection, so far. Took me almost a week to load it all in. I was actually just using "mp3 player" in the generic title way. Fisher Price makes an mp3 player, but you can only download from THEIR site, and like I said, he likes some regular music. (I may be in trouble as he really likes "If I had a million dollars" by BNL).

I just don't want to spend the cash on a new ipod, in case it gets broken, lost, destroyed. The prices on ebay are insane for even the mini, craigslist too. Maybe I'll check out some pawn shops by work. They might have some.

Thanks folks!

bread's done
Back