MP3 Ripper?

burritoman

CAGiversary!
Feedback
51 (100%)
Hey,
can anyone recommend me a good, free CD ripper that rips to MP3 format? I've got about 200 CDs I want to put on my PC and can't find decent software to do it.

I'd use iTunes, but it rips to the AAC format, looking for MP3. My car plays MP3 Cds, but not AAC.

Thanks!

Go into your iTunes preferences and click the "Import Settings" button under the General tab. You can change the output format to MP3.

[quote name='burritoman']Hey,
can anyone recommend me a good, free CD ripper that rips to MP3 format? I've got about 200 CDs I want to put on my PC and can't find decent software to do it.

I'd use iTunes, but it rips to the AAC format, looking for MP3. My car plays MP3 Cds, but not AAC.

Thanks![/QUOTE]

I have about 200 songs from napster that I downloaded years ago. Now I just got my Ipod Touch, the songs are all "protected" and I cant convert them to mp3 so my ipod will play them. But they all play in windows media player. Damn it!

Thanks guys, I guess I haven't played with iTunes enough to learn those settings.

EAC looks awesome too, since I have a couple of discs that are scratched up pretty badly.

Thanks guys!!

[quote name='burritoman']Thanks guys, I guess I haven't played with iTunes enough to learn those settings.[/QUOTE]

It seems like not a lot of people do. There's a pretty great converter buried in there, too.

I've always used Audiograbber since about 04'. Then in later years I added in LAME for VBR encodes. Really easy to use, hard to mess up.

bread's done
Back