Ms Office 2003 Already Registered?

chosen1s

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
So...

I found Office 2003 Professional - Full version - in a box of software at a resale store and bought the box for cheap. I'll tell you how cheap at the end, but please read my request because I just don't know about these things and I'd imagine it's a simple answer for you guys out there who are much more in the know than I am.

1) Is there a simple way for me to find out whether or not this software has already been registered by someone else online? (Like, go to MS.com and type in the serial number or something). I want to sell it for a profit, plain and simple, but I don't want to rip anyone else and I don't want to install it on my own computer.

2) If it is already registered to someone else, is it of any value whatsoever?

Thanks SO much for any help you can provide. I paid $1.50 for the box. Yeah, no kidding.

There is a phone number you can call to register if it has been registered at least 3 times. It should be in the manual. You just need to explain that you purchased the software and they will remove the other 3 registered people. Worked for me.

If you have the original "official" license with the key printed on it then you own the license. If MS ever denies registration, you can always fall back on that and they should honor it. The official license is the fancy tamper and copy resistent thing they're using now. Like the Windows XP license sticker they put on systems these days.

OK,

I just did some more looking. It looks like this was a "free" version that came packaged with someone else's computer. So that means it's probably already been installed? There are no phone numbers, etc. to call.

Chosen: if it came with someone else's computer, that means it's likely an OEM copy and "legally" can't be sold or transferred. Since that's already taken place, I guess all bets are off. Up to you.

You should just be able to call up MS and just request a new code saying that you had registered it before, but that you had just reformatted your computer. They should be fine with it.

bread's done
Back