MS points

Wrong thread, you should ask in here.

I've bought most of my points on sale at Walmart, when they had 2 for $30 on 1400 pts cards a while ago. There was also a price error at Zellers a year ago maybe, which made them half off, but most locations are going to disappear soon. I guess TRU, FS and BB have 15%-20% off sales once in a while, but it's been a long time since the last sales. Be patient!

[quote name='matsam']Wrong thread, you should ask in here.

I've bought most of my points on sale at Walmart, when they had 2 for $30 on 1400 pts cards a while ago. There was also a price error at Zellers a year ago maybe, which made them half off, but most locations are going to disappear soon. I guess TRU, FS and BB have 15%-20% off sales once in a while, but it's been a long time since the last sales. Be patient![/QUOTE]

IIRC the last couple of XX% off sales at FS/BB didn't include point cards.

[quote name='bs000']IIRC the last couple of XX% off sales at FS/BB didn't include point cards.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you're right, these appreciation sales used to be a great time to get points cards, but I guess they can't justify the profit loss anymore (they don't make any money off these and gift cards in general, right?).

At least sales on MS pts cards happen more often than on PSN cards, if that's any consolation. Although there are rumours about MS ditching the points system one of these days.

If I had to guess, I'd say that they'll make a push to phase out MS Points in conjunction w/ the release of Windows8. Stock up now, if you can find sale! They'll supposedly be giving a cash-equivalent credit to your MSWallet (or whatever they cook up) for any remaining points on your account.

That's all conjecture, mind you... :D

[quote name='JetEngineJesus']If I had to guess, I'd say that they'll make a push to phase out MS Points in conjunction w/ the release of Windows8. Stock up now, if you can find sale! They'll supposedly be giving a cash-equivalent credit to your MSWallet (or whatever they cook up) for any remaining points on your account.

That's all conjecture, mind you... :D[/QUOTE]

If that happens, then I can use 2800 points for almost a gazillion apps on the WP7 marketplace.

bread's done
Back