MS X360 XBL Marketplace Points (1600) now $19.99 & Faceplates $12.99 ea.

How far will those market place points take you (i.e. how many worthwhile things can I purchase with 1600 market place points)?

Im pretty sure 80 points = 1 buck at MSRP, and most games seem to be around $5 in points. So those 1600 points should cost $20, so that is a pretty good deal.

[quote name='2fast_2fuhrer']How far will those market place points take you (i.e. how many worthwhile things can I purchase with 1600 market place points)?[/QUOTE]

Well from what i understand games like Joust, Robotron, Smash TV are 400 points.

Other games like Geometry Wars and Mutant Storm Reloaded are 800.

So figure retail for 1600 points is $19.99 and that equates to $5 and $10 games respectively.

[quote name='sainrub']Well from what i understand games like Joust, Robotron, Smash TV are 400 points.

Other games like Geometry Wars and Mutant Storm Reloaded are 800.

So figure retail for 1600 points is $19.99 and that equates to $5 and $10 games respectively.[/QUOTE]

Not bad at all. I've heard that some of those games are very fun to play on XBL, can't wait to play!

Should be ordering this is a couple of days, the pool game might be some fun w/ 3 friends on live. Already got Geometry Wars and Smash TV, both addicting. Too bad I just ordered points tonight =/

Thanks OP but why did Microsoft have to make it so damn difficult, they should have just made everything cost money, you know the green stuff.

[quote name='rawdog805']I thought regular price was 19.99?? oh well still saving $7 a pop..[/QUOTE]

The faceplates are $19.99 regular price.

[quote name='rawdog805']I thought regular price was 19.99?? oh well still saving $7 a pop..[/QUOTE]

oh well?

You're lucky to be saving anything at all here. Saving almost 40% off the price of something isn't good enough for you?

Geometry Wars is actually only 400 points, or $5. Definitely one of the best deals on Live Arcade... But it's only 1-player.

Zuma is 800 points or $10, but there's so many levels and it's soooo fun. My fave Live Arcade game. Bejeweled is the same price, but I haven't purchased it yet.

I bought 2 cards with my friend's GameStop discount (came to $36 after tax). I picked up Geometry Wars, Zuma, the Penny Arcade theme, and both Penny Arcade picture sets. Still have more than 1200 points left... But that Mutant Storm game is looking mighty tempting.

And now this deal? Whoah ho, I may have to stock up on points, heh.

Thanks, I picked up 2. You can use these for live games, backgrounds (like desktops on the PC), trailers, and other media items. To me, the live games are the only thing worth paying for. I have already paid for GW & Smash TV. There are a few others I was thinking about getting. This deal should make that purchase a little easier.

Im gonna order 2, I am tempted to order 3 or 4 just to set me up for all the arcade games I know will be comming up. I got the free pool game since XBOX Live customer service blows and I had to redue everything. Thanks for the link

Thanks for the deal - I picked up a face plate and a marketplace point card for my nonexistant Xbox 360

ARGHHHHHH

Thanks OP, I ordered two. I couldn't pass up 123 points per $1. That effectively makes $5 games $3.25 and $10 games $6.50.

[quote name='eastx']Geometry Wars is actually only 400 points, or $5. Definitely one of the best deals on Live Arcade... But it's only 1-player.[/QUOTE]

Totally awesome to the max! I love to hear of unforeseen savings.

And lets not forget Gauntlet, man this is gonna be awesome!

Here's is a link for the current XBOX 360 Live Arcade games and I hear many of these are free to try.

XBOX 360 Live Arcade Games

[quote name='shipwreck']It looks like the Marketplace Points are out of stock online now.[/QUOTE]

Ahhh bummmer. :cry:

Edit

Well hopefully these guys can still pick em up in store. I didnt try to see if that will work but its worth a shot.

[quote name='bil4ltool']Thanks OP but why did Microsoft have to make it so damn difficult, they should have just made everything cost money, you know the green stuff.[/QUOTE]

Because it is easier for you to spend points than spending money. It's a psychological thing.

Nice find. Now I'm going to have my wife hide both of them so I don't waste them on Kameo skins or something. I wish I had them last night though when I wired MS the $6.25 so I could get the full Joust version. Is it just me, or is it very addicting trying to get these achievements? That is an awesome feeling in some games when the little achievement lights up at the bottom of the screen, especially after I killed the Pteradactyl.

[quote name='Indiana']Because it is easier for you to spend points than spending money. It's a psychological thing.[/QUOTE]

And it's also a way to perform microcharges without having to take the hit from credit card companies everytime. With this system, you are able to buy something for 50 cents without Microsoft having to pay a large sum of that to Visa or Mastercard.

[quote name='Morrigan Lover']MS/Sony/Nintendo has a good racket going with these ????.[/QUOTE]

????=mem cards/stands/cables/HDDs/remotes/etc

[quote name='rallen']Great deal, thanks. Now, which is better Mutant Storm Reloaded or Geometry Wars Evolved?[/QUOTE]

Geometry Wars by far. Mutant Storm is pretty tame in comparison. But you can decide for yourself, both have free demos.

Thanks for the post OP, I picked up 4800 points! Should last me until the end of the year... ;) I've already blown through 2400 points!

Jeremy

Its up to $19.99 for the points. The main accessories page still shows $12.99 might want to print that one and try to pick up in store.

I just picked mine up with the in store pickup. I checked the shelves and there was an empty peg that I assumed was for these because I didn't see them anywhere. He did have my 2 waiting though at customer service. Smash TV time....

Oh man, The amusing thing is I didn't go through with buying it thinking I could get it in the morning.... Looks like I was wrong lol

bread's done
Back