MSG Spring Contest ($25 Amazon Gift Code)

MoBoFever

CAGiversary!
Fellow CAGs,

My friends and I run a small gaming community in WV called Mountain State Gamers, and we're running a little Spring/April Fools contest until April 5th. If you can correctly guess one of the video game music clips posted within the contest thread, you'll be entered into a random drawing for a $25 Amazon Gift Code. If all of the songs are correctly guessed, we'll add more songs. You must live in WV, OH, KY, PA, MD, or VA to play.

Here is the contest thread.

Good luck!

[quote name='CONMAN999']What's the purpose of the specific states? I guess I won't be participating..[/QUOTE]

Same. =\

[quote name='CONMAN999']What's the purpose of the specific states? I guess I won't be participating..[/QUOTE]

[quote name='MoBoFever']Mountain State Gamers[/QUOTE].

[quote name='CAiNiACprime'].[/QUOTE]

The mountain states are actually west, he probably is just doing those particular states because they are close to WV, where the site runs. I just find it kind of silly because contests like this are normally to promote your site and not allowing 80% of the country is counter productive, but at the same time I understand the whole "support my area" idea.

I apologize for not letting everyone participate, but those are the rules. We're primarily focusing on gamers in and around West Virginia to come together and do good things through charity LAN parties. WV isn't known for a lot of good things, and we want to help change that......no matter how much of an uphill battle that is. :D

Actually West Virginia is known as the Mountain State. You are thinking of Mountain Time I think which is further to the west coast, but not on it. :)

There's a group of states in the Mountain West region called the "Mountain States." I believe that's what they are talking about.

[quote name='OddLogik']The mountain states are actually west, he probably is just doing those particular states because they are close to WV, where the site runs. I just find it kind of silly because contests like this are normally to promote your site and not allowing 80% of the country is counter productive, but at the same time I understand the whole "support my area" idea.[/QUOTE]

You don't give yourself enough credit. As a PA boy myself WV has great fishing and hunting, but seriously, your state should invest in at least one freaking snow plow.

Thanks for the contest! Even though I'm not in the area, I had a a lot of fun going through the sound clips and seeing which ones I could identify. I think I had about 15 - 20 or so.

[quote name='nnthomas']Thanks OP... live in Ohio here. I entered.

edit: Was I too late? :\[/QUOTE]
Nah, it ends in about 12 hours. We'll most likely do the drawing tomorrow as well as release all of the answers. I'll post the winner's name in this thread after the drawing is done. Next contest, I'll post the announcement in the Regional section to avoid (some) criticism. :lol:

[quote name='atilary']You don't give yourself enough credit. As a PA boy myself WV has great fishing and hunting, but seriously, your state should invest in at least one freaking snow plow.[/QUOTE]

There is that big-ass Cabela's in Triadelphia...

The contest is over, and we've posted who the winner is. Thanks to everyone that played! We'll have another contest in a month or two similar to this one.

bread's done
Back