MSI GeForce GTX 570 1280MB Video Card + JC2 & Mafia II Coupon $281.71 AR FS @ Newegg

intrepid

CAG Veteran
I'd be all over this if it lasted a week, unfortunately I'm not running in to a bit of money for a while.

What a shame, AWESOME price.

[quote name='roymustang']Not a bad deal for a GTX 570 but still, you can get the MSI GTX 560 Ti for $250 without the need for rebates and it can easily be overclocked to match GTX 570 performance, especially with the Twin Frozr II cooler on it and the MSI Afterburner software. Plus you still get the free Just Cause 2 and Mafia II.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127565[/QUOTE]

Or you could spend $30 more and overclock this 570 to 580+ performance levels.....

[quote name='dnarwhat']msi is balls[/QUOTE]

And in this situation...are balls good or bad? I'm in the market for a 570 and wondering which brand to go with.

eVGA for the big name, hopefully easier warranty?
ASUS for the big name, big performance?
MSI sounds pretty damn good at this price.

I'm actually planning on getting a GTX 570 for my new computer build soon and this would have been an awesome price. I normally only stick to EVGA when it comes to Nvidia cards, but the price of this is way cheaper than any of the EVGA ones I've seen.

However, this card has been getting some bad reviews on the site. It's overall average is still decent, but 5 of the 15 reviews gave it 2 or less Eggs and I'm seeing a handful of people talking about defective cards. The Twin Frozr II seems to have better luck, but it ends up being a lot more expensive and around the same price as the EVGA ones so I'll just wait until EVGA has a good sale price (soon, hopefully).

[quote name='CountChoculitis']Or you could spend $30 more and overclock this 570 to 580+ performance levels.....[/QUOTE]

Yeah except you forgot one thing there champ, the 570 on sale has the craptastic reference cooler and as such I doubt you'll be able to overclock it that much, not to mention the heat and noise issues you'll have. The 560 is much cooler running chip and the one I listed features the Twin Frozr II cooler which keeps the card running really cool and quiet, with huge overclocking possibilities. Oh and its really $50 more out of pocket since you can't really count a rebate you'll get 3 months later if at all.

bread's done
Back