MTV and Harmonix announce Rock Band

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is everyone so offended that the concept of this game isn't original? If companies only made original games and didn't rip off, emulate or take aspects from other games, we wouldn't have 99% of the shit we play.

I think this was mentioned on IGN (or was it EGM?) in one of the later GHII 360 previews.

Since I greatly prefer GH to Guitar Freaks, I really could care less if Harmonix is ripping off a Konami concept again.

I do agree that this all sounds like a potential wallet buster, even if they can integrate the existing GH controllers.

It sounds pretty fuck ing awesome so far though--more Master tracks? Biggest bands?

I just wonder how some of the vocal stuff is going to be done, given how some rock stars sing...

I believe I saw Super Session in an arcade years ago... could be mistaken...

Does anyone else think its "timely" to release this press statement right before the official street date of GHII for Xbox 360? Hmmm? Hmmm?

-Dr. Ugly-

this announcment is fustrating me. I'm trying to make a concept for my own music game for schoool, and then they just announce this.

[quote name='LiquidNight']Holiday '07? Not a chance, unless they've had this cooking for ages.[/QUOTE]
They have.

[quote name='GamerChris']I've never even heard of Super Session and a quick search on Gamespot resulted in nothing.[/QUOTE]
Super Session is a mode available when Konami's arcade music games GuitarFreaks, DrumMania, and Keyboardmania are all linked together, allowing for 2 guitars, a drum set, and a keyboard player. The Guitar + Drum mode is available in home versions. Konami has had these games, with frequent updates, for many years now.

[quote name='screwkick']Apparently, EB and Gamestop already have prices.

Almost $300 for guitar, drums, mics, and the game. Screw that.

http://kotaku.com/gaming/ea/rock-band-accessories-listed-at-gamestop-249283.php[/QUOTE]
Every few years someone comes up with a great concept like this for a game, and it always prices itself out of the mainstream market. $300 is likely just a placeholder price, but it will still likely be far too expensive for most people. Plus, how often do you have enough people to play all instruments? And I can't imagine how the online will work with lag.

Great concept, but I'm not sure it can last. Then again, I'm still surprised enough people buy GH and DDR for the companies to make money.

esterday, Harmonix owner MTV and publisher EA held a conference call with the press to announce Rock Band. During the Q&A session, we misunderstood Harmonix CEO Alex Rigopulos and thought he stated that the guitar from Guitar Hero II on Xbox 360 would not work with Rock Band.

However, today on the official Rock Band forums, developer Jason Booth pointed out our mistake. Apparently the guitar will work with Rock Band. PlayStation 3 owners will, however, need to purchase a new guitar unless Harmonix releases an adapter.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/777/777959p1.html

Atleast you won't need to buy any additional guitars if you already had Guitar Hero II...

i guess me and my friends are gonna start a virtual rock band. this sounds awesome. hopefully they'll make it so u can use the guitar hero controller.
i dont mind the pricing cause each of my buds will get one of the instruments.

[quote name='sonicfreak5']i guess me and my friends are gonna start a virtual rock band. this sounds awesome. hopefully they'll make it so u can use the guitar hero controller.
i dont mind the pricing cause each of my buds will get one of the instruments.[/quote]

;) Look at my post above yours.

[quote name='SpecTrE3353']Why is everyone so offended that the concept of this game isn't original? If companies only made original games and didn't rip off, emulate or take aspects from other games, we wouldn't have 99% of the shit we play.[/QUOTE]
If EA made anything original, then I wouldn't complain.

"skate", "Army of Two", "Madden 20**"... I don't think it's necessary to go on.

[quote name='PyroGamer']If EA made anything original, then I wouldn't complain.

"skate", "Army of Two", "Madden 20**"... I don't think it's necessary to go on.[/QUOTE]

It wouldn't even be so bad that EA just remade popular games if they even occasionally improved on an original idea. Instead they just make weak wannabes of good original title. I personally think this game will go down in flames, but if they could make it would on line ... wait... EA make a game work on line ... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!

Nope, it's gonna suck. Sorry.

[quote name='psychobrawler']It wouldn't even be so bad that EA just remade popular games if they even occasionally improved on an original idea. Instead they just make weak wannabes of good original title. I personally think this game will go down in flames, but if they could make it would on line ... wait... EA make a game work on line ... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!

Nope, it's gonna suck. Sorry.[/quote]
You do know that EA isn't making the game, right? Harmonix (the guys behind Frequency, Amplitude, Guitar Hero) is making the game and EA is just publishing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back