MTV let it slip - Xbox 360 this November - PLUS the new logo!

Hardly a shock, but funny they "let it out." I don't see Microsoft really flipping out, since it's just free publicity. Does kind of steal the thunder though.

[quote name='repetske']Hardly a shock, but funny they "let it out." I don't see Microsoft really flipping out, since it's just free publicity. Does kind of steal the thunder though.[/QUOTE]
I agree...if Microsoft really wanted to keep it under wraps, they would've been much tighter about it. I think Microsoft is chomping at the bit to tell the world and they just can't wait. The design motif has been a part of xbox.com and other sites have had "glimpses" of the concept for a long time now, and then they move up the debut to before E3.

The November launch date is cool, but not surprising, considering it was to be released this year--what other time would they have launched it at? With Christmas so close, its obviously the best time TO launch. I guess its time to start saving up!

yup after the 12th we'll know pretty much everything and then they'll start talking to all the big websites about it.

There is yet another logo shown at the current top story of joystiq.com but the site it points to with supposed better pics appears to have problems with it's viewer app.

since the xbox 360 is dropping in november, i think its going to be a pretty hot seller since its right next to Christmas. the logo is plain but i don't really care about the logo all that much.

Oh Boy,

What a huge surprise that MTV "accidentally" let the date slip. Come on guys - who really thinks this was an accident? The perfect venue to hit a large percentage of Microsoft's key target market of rebels without a cause accidentally lets the release timing slip just in time to get everyone buzzing about it before E3 and we're supposed to believe MS didn't plan this?

Wait wait wait...Let me guess. This is such a huge blunder that all the newspapers and game mags across the country are going to be compelled to report on it over the next several weeks, and how the "accidental" release got the XBox faithful from Coast to Coast foaming at the mouth about the upcoming release. And all of this happens just in time to gain a great amount of attention right before E3...on accident. Yeah, right...I'm sure if MS is that upset they'll be sure to let MTV know about it before they get in bed together tonight.

[quote name='chosen1s']Oh Boy,

What a huge surprise that MTV "accidentally" let the date slip. Come on guys - who really thinks this was an accident? The perfect venue to hit a large percentage of Microsoft's key target market of rebels without a cause accidentally lets the release timing slip just in time to get everyone buzzing about it before E3 and we're supposed to believe MS didn't plan this?

Wait wait wait...Let me guess. This is such a huge blunder that all the newspapers and game mags across the country are going to be compelled to report on it over the next several weeks, and how the "accidental" release got the XBox faithful from Coast to Coast foaming at the mouth about the upcoming release. And all of this happens just in time to gain a great amount of attention right before E3...on accident. Yeah, right...I'm sure if MS is that upset they'll be sure to let MTV know about it before they get in bed together tonight.[/QUOTE]

Yes, Im sure it was a conspiracy to get free publicity for Microsoft. Everyone knows that no game mag would bother covering information about the next generation Xbox, unless it was only accidentally revealed.

[quote name='help1']More pictures:

http://tinyurl.com/ex2xw[/QUOTE]

I don't follow.... its a bunch of famous people infront of the xbox logo... This is significant how? Are we supposed to give a shit what these no tallent ass clowns think about a system they've never seen and most likely will only buy to say they own one?

Is it really that big of a secret that it was coming out in November? All along everyone knew it would come out this year, and November is the shopping month. It's not like they were planning on releasing it December 26th.

[quote name='Kayden']I don't follow.... its a bunch of famous people infront of the xbox logo... This is significant how? Are we supposed to give a shit what these no tallent ass clowns think about a system they've never seen and most likely will only buy to say they own one?[/QUOTE]

No, it shows where they got the logo.

[quote name='help1']No, it shows where they got the logo.[/QUOTE]

....what masters of deduction... :dunce:

[quote name='Kayden']I don't follow.... its a bunch of famous people infront of the xbox logo... This is significant how? Are we supposed to give a shit what these no tallent ass clowns think about a system they've never seen and most likely will only buy to say they own one?[/QUOTE]

The new logo is in the background, I think that was his point.

[quote name='kill3r7']The new logo is in the background, I think that was his point.[/QUOTE]

Yes. I couldn't care less if *Insert Name Here* was on the red carpet.

How can you make an assumption like "they will most likely buy to say they own one". Just because they are "famous", they can't enjoy games? Makes no sense, lol.

bread's done
Back