Multiplayer RPG list

Steve95358

CAG Veteran
You know, my favorite genre is multiplayer RPG (not online), and I was wondering if anyone knew any games that I haven't mentioned below, for any system.

Secret of mana (snes)
Tales of Symphonia (gamecube)
Eternal Sonata (xbox 360)
Secret of evermore (hacked version)

Legend of mana (ps1)- hella sucked though

That's all I can think of. I don't care for the mmorpg's, because I need an end to the game! Also, the ones I played didn't have a storyline, it's all about collecting and leveling up.

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']Baldur's Gate games have multiplayer as well as Champions of Norrath.[/quote]

the first Baldur's Gate game for the PS2 was actually quite a bit of fun. Something about the 2nd one didn't sit well with me though.

Children of Mana (though I wouldn't recommend it)
Tales of Eternia
Tales of the Abyss
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles (and sequels)
and possibly Zelda: Four Swords.

thanks, but aren't some of these hack and slash. Baldurs gate was a good game, but it didn't really have an rpg aspect. Crystal Chronicles was the biggest disappointment of all time.

[quote name='Steve95358']Crystal Chronicles was the biggest disappointment of all time.[/quote]

If you had all the hardware required it (and Four Swords) were some of the best multiplayer experiences.

Diablo is the most obvious one. If you want console games, the EA-published PSone version supports multiplayer, and it's darn good.

Double Dungeons for TG-16 is split-screen specifically FOR multiplayer, and it's available on Virtual Console, too. I wasn't a big fan of the dungeon-crawler, though...

[quote name='ViolentLee']
Double Dungeons for TG-16 is split-screen specifically FOR multiplayer, and it's available on Virtual Console, too. I wasn't a big fan of the dungeon-crawler, though...[/quote]

Another old multiplayer dungeon crawler is the NES classic Swords & Serpents. Me and a buddy of mine logged quite a few hours on that one.

bread's done
Back